PDA

View Full Version : WANTED - Clean air duct - WANTED

papa_lazaroo
06-12-07, 02:03 PM
:spank: Helllo Boys and girls, I am after the standard air duct from the air cleaner box to the throttle body for a 180. Anyone got 1?:whistle:

stamford
06-12-07, 04:06 PM
Just sold mine, is there a market for them? ;)

papa_lazaroo
06-12-07, 04:15 PM
The muppets who have fitted my LPG system, that still isn't working despite going back to them 4 times, claim that the induction kit prevents them from getting it running right. Sadly I don't have the original rubber duct to put my standard airbox back on, or else I would, and take it back so that they could give me another reason why it still doesn't work.

Maxxed_Ross
06-12-07, 05:56 PM
any expart dealer can get one, I got a new one for my ZR for £5

stamford
06-12-07, 07:18 PM
That is total crap sorry! The OE induction on the 180 is crap, it was the unit designed for the 2.0 KV6 45 and not for the added horses of the 180. An after market unit is just the tonic the 2.5 needs, so them saying the induction kit is knackering it is bollocks. The ECU can adapt to the changes and improve on what is there as the changes are well within the standard ECU's tolerance band.

They are pulling a fast one as they have cocked up the installation.

Maxxed_Ross
07-12-07, 01:12 AM
certainaly sounds like it

papa_lazaroo
07-12-07, 10:24 AM
agree totally, But I have been talking with Trading standards, and they say that I have to, In light of the LPG fitter's comments, re-fit the standard parts, and let them try to set it up. In my heart of hearts, I know it won't work, but I have to go with it.

I am sure the next step will be to ask for the kit to be removed. I just have to play this game as directed by Trading standards.

I took the air induction kit off last night and offered up my old, but split, standard duct. The twats have only gone and put the LPG engine management system next to the battery, so I can't quite get the standard duct back on now. Total w@nkers!

I hate being me, Any one fancy swapping, and I'll be them for a bit ?

chriszs180
07-12-07, 10:30 AM
hi mate what induction set up have you got i could come for a drive and do a swap but will have to be this weekend pm me if you want...

sorry miss read you want to swap life's

we could do that as well my head hurts this mornimg and i didnt even have time to drink just worked 4 doubles and on again now 80 hrs this week......
would be good if i was paid by the hrs but not.........

arwilson80
07-12-07, 10:43 AM
I thought you were going to say you had oil in it... ;)

papa_lazaroo
07-12-07, 11:35 AM
I do, There always is isn't there?

arwilson80
07-12-07, 11:52 AM
Yeah. That's what fouls up the VIS from what i hear. :(

papa_lazaroo
07-12-07, 11:59 AM
What does VIS stand for?

I know this sounds stupid, but surely there isn't a copy of the "FAT SLAGS" in my air duct?

papa_lazaroo
07-12-07, 12:02 PM
Is that the Idle sensor?

stamford
07-12-07, 12:15 PM
What does VIS stand for?

I know this sounds stupid, but surely there isn't a copy of the "FAT SLAGS" in my air duct?

Variable Intake System

I also understand the Trading Standards reason, process of elimination to ascertain the fault.

Out of interest, has this company fitted LPG to any other ZS180's? If so then they know what's what. Being that they know that their ecu should be fitted elsewhere due to the OE induction kit being already 'there'.