PDA

View Full Version : I loves my ZS I does.

Southern Storm
06-12-07, 04:23 PM
She did me proud last night. My mate phones me up the other morning saying his clutch went on his Mk4 Golf (hey if only everything in life was as reliable as a Volkswagen). A friend was ment to be towing him with a Land Rover but pulled out last minute making **** excuses. So phones me up last night saying he needs a favour.
'Sure mate if I can' says I, 'Whats up?' :smart:
'You got a V6 haven't you' he says. :whistle:
I know whats coming so half an hour later I pick him up. from his house, drive the half hour back into town hook up the golf to the back of the ZS with a tow rope, (I know its illegal now and needs to be a rigid tow but it was late and cold and couldn't find on anywhere) where I promptly drag it across town over the moors to a small village where a friend of his dad can fix it. She didn't miss a beat. Went up some seriousely steep hills and positively purred the whole way.
Soz but what with all the rants its nice to hae a heart warming story.:trampoline:
Oh and as for the golf........... actually who cares its a manky 1.6 folf MK4. Heavy ugly and generally nasty. It might be fixed but any one here really give a toss? :noexpression:

Maxfly
06-12-07, 04:27 PM
She did me proud last night. My mate phones me up the other morning saying his clutch went on his Mk4 Golf (hey if only everything in life was as reliable as a Volkswagen). A friend was ment to be towing him with a Land Rover but pulled out last minute making **** excuses. So phones me up last night saying he needs a favour.
'Sure mate if I can' says I, 'Whats up?' :smart:
'You got a V6 haven't you' he says. :whistle:
I know whats coming so half an hour later I pick him up. from his house, drive the half hour back into town hook up the golf to the back of the ZS with a tow rope, (I know its illegal now and needs to be a rigid tow but it was late and cold and couldn't find on anywhere) where I promptly drag it across town over the moors to a small village where a friend of his dad can fix it. She didn't miss a beat. Went up some seriousely steep hills and positively purred the whole way.
Soz but what with all the rants its nice to hae a heart warming story.:trampoline:
Oh and as for the golf........... actually who cares its a manky 1.6 folf MK4. Heavy ugly and generally nasty. It might be fixed but any one here really give a toss? :noexpression:

hahaha nice one fella, nasty things the mk4, the old man had one till last year, horrible thing to drive:hang:

tallgeese
06-12-07, 06:20 PM
So you pulled did ya was he greatful:lol:

arwilson80
06-12-07, 09:16 PM
The KV6 really is a pulling machine. There's a big hill about 6 miles from me and almost regardless of what speed you hit the bottom the car generally loses about 20mph. Not the ZS... About 10mph max. :)

stamford
06-12-07, 09:18 PM
I've not towed using the ZS, but a member on here has been known to tow a caravan or two :D

Southern Storm
06-12-07, 10:10 PM
So you pulled did ya was he greatful:lol:

He is grateful for whatever he can get :lol:

Really impressed. If its very lucky I will fit it new toy and give it a quick clean this weekend.

sduk
07-12-07, 01:00 PM
sounds good mate, MG 1 - VW 0 :D

Southern Storm
09-12-07, 08:51 PM
Yeah its all good. Even though I have and love VW intently its still nice getting one up on the germans.

arwilson80
09-12-07, 09:25 PM
Yeah its all good. Even though I have and love VW intently its still nice getting one up on the germans.

<Basil Fawlty stylee> Whatever you do don't mention the war... :whistle:

stamford
09-12-07, 09:26 PM
<Basil Fawlty stylee> Whatever you do don't mention the war... :whistle:

Good one Alan, I was thinking the very same thing :laugh: