PDA

View Full Version : mg zs 180

mg nut
10-07-12, 11:40 AM
May have to sell my cherished le mans green zs 180 hatchback 52 i bought this car from new, and done 13000 miles only, still as new condition, my circumstances have changed i hoped to have owned it for ever,not got any idea what its worth, any help with pricing please ?

stamford
10-07-12, 11:51 AM
Firstly I have to say if you wish to sell this through the forum then you'll need to subscribe, rules etc.

Pity it has to go and with only 13k miles then it'll be tempting for some but questions need asking first.
Seeing it is 10 years old, when or even if the belts have been changed? Needs doing at 6 years regardless of mileage, so there's a bill for around £450.
Tyres-guessing these are the originals? So expect these to be showing signs of age, 5 years is the expected time to replace regardless of tread depth as the walls and edge of the tread start to crack.
Other than that the rest should be good for a car having covered 13k miles. Price? It is what someone is willing to pay and not what you wish for it. If it needs the belts doing and tyres changing then that will factor in a big reduction. If the belts have been covered and the tyres roadworthy then that's a different story.

Still a tricky one mind, could be anything between £1200 to £2000 if in A1 condition with everything perfect (assuming you find someone). Or less than £1000 if requiring 1 and/or 2 above. Bear in-mind mk2s are going for £1000 to £1500 these days. Which is criminal!

Keep it and hide it away if I were you ;)

mg nut
10-07-12, 12:00 PM
Belts have not been done still on oiriginal tyres guess i will have to mothball and hide away for 10 yrs i had no idea it would be worth so little!

stamford
10-07-12, 12:39 PM
Do some research on-line and check out the prices to get a feel. The prices today are criminal but that's the way things are today and the market dictates this. I'm sure it'll be worth alot more in a few years as too many are being scrapped or written off.

Nobrainer
10-07-12, 01:05 PM
I reckon it could be worth a bit more. In top condition with the above done that low mileage is going to attract some good attention and bump the price over the usual. To get the best price though you might need to be patient. Just out of interest, how much were you hoping for?

mg nut
11-07-12, 07:12 AM
Didnt have a price in mind i think its unique still as new, but over the years you will be surprised what pops up, i have a few other cars so may think about parting with a couple of these instead ,this bloody recession has a lot to answer for!

stamford
11-07-12, 07:27 AM
If I had a car like yours I would keep it and put it away and use it on occassions. Future classic I say.

Glen290
11-07-12, 08:10 AM
I wil give you a grand for it ;-)

Blade9274
11-07-12, 08:54 AM
There is a Black ZS 180 on ebay with 17.000 miles on, they are asking £3500, but belts have been done

POMPSKI
11-07-12, 10:10 AM
I agree with Stamford, future classic. Keep it :)