PDA

View Full Version : 51 plate Solar Red Saloon 180

ZS
12-07-12, 06:54 AM
I have a 51 plate saloon 180 in Solar Red up for sale.

It owes £300 so nearest to that gets the whole car, if not then it will be broken for bits.

The car is not in A1 condition, it is not concourse, there is no MOT or TAX.

The clutch hydraulics are good, but the clutch arm needs removing and cleaning up to make the clutch work 100%.

The Power steering pump is suspect (when we got the car there was no fluid in the res, so we re-filled it but its still not bleeding, so assume pump is dead)

Brakes discs are rusty so the brakes do stick a little bit, nothing a good clean up wouldn't cure :)

It currently sits on 15" rover alloy wheels.

Paintwork is not 100% there are a few areas on the car that the laquer has peeled off, and the drivers side door has its B piller (I think its the B piller - the piller between the driver and passenger glass) plastics missing.

Interior wise the car is pretty good, it has the early door cards (with the inserts in) and other than the normal drivers bolster wear the rest of the interior is in fairly good condition, Red Monaco leathers by the way!

All in all I would say that £50 for the Power Steering Pump and a day or so of work will get the car road worthy and through an MOT, but if you want it Concourse then it might cost more! - I may even be willing to help with the work if you are local...

I don't have any pictures at the moment as the car is not on my drive , but I have tried to be as honest as possible with the description. It would be a shame to see the car be scrapped as the engine sounds good (although could benefit from an oil change...) so I thought I would offer it up to anyone else that might want to save her :)

Any questions please ask. But remember, although it is drivable I would recommend its trailered away due to no MOT or TAX.

peterzs
12-07-12, 09:45 AM
Good project car for someone.

Funkymonster
12-07-12, 11:25 AM
Power Steering pump is even cheaper on ebay at the mo £22.49:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320837012706?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649