PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Mac Pro

Phate
29-07-12, 09:48 AM
Hey guys,

I have for sale a 2007 Mac Pro, spec is as follows.

2 x 2.66ghz C2D Xeons cpus
9GB Ram
OS Drive is a 320gb, plus has 3 drive bays
Radeon 5770 1GB card
DVD-RW Drive
Bluetooth
Wifi

The history of the machine:

I bought the machine in 2007 as I was getting into photography and I needed something that could really handle the work load, it performed perfectly, it went to Apple under warranty once in its 3rd year as the DVD drive was failing and the original HDD was also failing, Apple replaced these.

The case itself has a couple of marks on it where I have moved 3 times since buying it, but nothing major. I will give it a good clean so it'll be looking new for the new owner anyway, taking away most of these marks.

All the ports work without any issues, the DVD drive is also starting to show signs of failure (again) but you can pick one up for peanuts and there are plenty of guides online on how to fit it.

As you can imagine it being Apple the build quality on the case and final finish is superb, the side panel has a rubber seal to ensure correct airflow throughout the case.

The machine overall runs very quietly and is near silent...I toyed with the idea of fitting an SSD to the machine and carrying on with it, but decided I wanted something new and shiny instead.

Originally the machine came with a Radeon 1900XTX 512mb card, but this died and so I replaced it with the 5770 less than a year ago.

Bad points:

It has a couple of marks on the case as mentioned but I will tend to these best I can.
DVD drive is starting to show signs of failure, but is easily replaceable, I may even do this myself
I do not have the original box or discs, as I said I have moved several times but the latest OSX is only £13 to buy so it'll hardly break the bank sticking an OS on it.
One backplate is missing

-------

The machine will come with the original power cable. You should be able to source an apple keyboard off the bay for about £30 (only keeping the wired as I prefer it to the wireless one that came with the new machine)

------

I'll shed a genuine tear when this machine goes, it's been a true workhorse for me over the years and the only reason I'm selling is because I need the money otherwise I'd keep both and use it as a server of sorts.

I'll post some pictures up tomorrow evening when I have had a chance to clean it up and get it looking it's best.

I'm looking for £650 - Anyone is welcome to come and view/test the machine to their hearts content. I think this is a very fair price, I saw a 2006 with a lower spec going for same sort of money on eBay recently.

I will not ship this machine, however I will deliver it myself. It weighs too much to safely ship in my opinion and if its localish I'll not charge, however I'll do it at a cost price for the fuel so you won't get stung

Any questions, please ask.

Best,
Jake

BTW for anyone wondering what a Mac Pro is it's one of these
http://zapp2.staticworld.net/reviews/graphics/products/uploaded/apple_mac_pro_xeon266ghz_12_core.html_600041_g3.jp g