PDA

View Full Version : To Whom It May Concern

stamford
01-08-12, 08:33 AM
Due to the amount of complaints received from forum members and obvious questionable trading practices the site admin team revoked this members trading status. We had allowed said member to continue using his paid subs as a supporter although warned about his conduct. However it has appeared we have had a few more members experiencing issues with this person and have acted forthwith as this was bringing the forum into disrepute.

Therefore Rovermgparts, MG6Turbo or whatever other pseudonym is used is now banned from this forum.

If anyone has grievances with this person then I wish you well in what you do. In no way did this forum endorse this trader, he appeared to have changed his ways and as such we cut him some slack. However it is obvious this was not the case and as such we had to be diplomatic in our approach to managing the situation.

I know there have been members who have had good work and service done, you are the minority. We have acted for the good of this forum and it is not personal.

There are other items on the agenda that could be aired on this forum concerning certain members posting questionable comments that could be taken further as said comments are questioning the integrity of the site team/owners. I think some of you ought to rethink what you post in future. I am not going to elaborate further and wish to draw a line under this issue.

I hope this is the end of this except for those still having issues.

Many thanks.

Mick

If you need to name and shame then who am I stop you? It is there for all to use and see.

scotttait
01-08-12, 08:43 AM
Great move by the forum, well done. Just a shame on my behalf it was to late and I'm one of the unfortunate people who fell for is con. Straight away I feel the site is a happier place. Thank you.

petet16
01-08-12, 08:47 AM
It's a shame that this seems to be a recurring outcome where this member is concerned, however life goes on.

Hopefully the people with outstanding issues will get them resolved promptly.

stamford
01-08-12, 08:50 AM
It probably seems to some we had been soft but many did not see what we were managing behind the scenes. I for one have never met him or even dealt with him, so on a prefessional level who am I to judge someone? If I had dealt with him and had issues then it would be a different story being a site owner. It was a case of having people inform us of poor service and to monitor this until such time we had to act. In the light of recent topics of conversation it was getting out of hand.

We live and die by our decisions, let's hope this is seen as a positive. In life we have to learn to forgive people and hope they change their ways, in this case it appeared not.

staccato
01-08-12, 09:02 AM
This will ultimately protect the forum from any suggestion that they were a facilitator of his illicit dealings, so good decision.

lawrence-zs180
01-08-12, 09:26 AM
It was deff getting out of hand and starting to put a bad side to this forum and I for one am glad that the admins/owners etc have done what's right to protect the forum, this is a good forum that doesn't take life or itself to seriousley and is a great help with many helpful members that are proud to be here and that it's bloody hard to find.
On a side note I delt with him 2+ years ago, He did my belts and a few other bits and it seems I was one of the lucky ones.. Even though I swear he caused the join between the two manifolds to split.. But hey whats done is done

ZS Phil
01-08-12, 09:35 AM
Sounds like justice has been done :). Good luck to all those who need problems resolving still.

ash_zs180
01-08-12, 09:58 AM
lucky i didnt order of him as was going to, he is on facebook and keeps getting banned

Bobdope2002
01-08-12, 10:17 AM
Well......

stamford
01-08-12, 10:19 AM
:yawn:

BUCKYDEVIL
01-08-12, 10:28 AM
Good to see that the people running this forum will take a firm stance against people like this
Shame that this forum was getting bad press on another site.
when the MG community is as small as it is already it's far better if we get together and keep each other informed of future fraudsters.

vanishing days
01-08-12, 10:32 AM
Good news

ZRed
01-08-12, 10:40 AM
Good news

Well said.

andys1981
01-08-12, 11:02 AM
Good to see that the people running this forum will take a firm stance against people like this
Shame that this forum was getting bad press on another site.
when the MG community is as small as it is already it's far better if we get together and keep each other informed of future fraudsters.

thats how i feel about all this aswell,its a step in the right direction,hope those who are having problems etc,can get them resolved

Bobdope2002
01-08-12, 11:12 AM
It's ok guys I shall use the door swiftly I could explain my opinion but I think ill b shrugged off all the best moderators and people on here.....

Oh and btw me and George had a car related issue for the past two weeks which was sorted as soon as he could.......

petet16
01-08-12, 11:16 AM
It was deff getting out of hand and starting to put a bad side to this forum and I for one am glad that the admins/owners etc have done what's right to protect the forum, this is a good forum that doesn't take life or itself to seriousley and is a great help with many helpful members that are proud to be here and that it's bloody hard to find.
On a side note I delt with him 2+ years ago, He did my belts and a few other bits and it seems I was one of the lucky ones.. Even though I swear he caused the join between the two manifolds to split.. But hey whats done is done

y'know that's the odd thing, he can do good work, years ago when he was into T16s he built some good motors, but then as now it was outweighed by all the other "baggage"

Ricwin
01-08-12, 11:46 AM
I would have to say this was a good call by The Boss.
Regardless of the controversy and strife caused by such a member, anything detrimental to the site and its reputation should be dealt with in such a manner.

POMPSKI
01-08-12, 11:54 AM

Exactly!

Luckily I am relatively new and have only heard stories of some of the rogue trading. Seems like a good call.

Lukeus101
01-08-12, 01:19 PM
Ahhh peace and quiet at last :) brb gone to get a beer. Anyone else want one?

stamford
01-08-12, 01:21 PM
Got anything stronger?

Lukeus101
01-08-12, 01:50 PM
Sure i have whiskey and brandy around :)

ZRed
01-08-12, 01:52 PM
Can I just add in here, to clear up some confusion that has been asked since the said party's exit following a post yesterday, George had / has no connection to dreadnought garage in Callander. I believe their relationship to be purely friends and some deals have been done over the years between the two.

I would recommend Brian and the team at dreadnought to anyone asking. They do some good work there :)

guru
01-08-12, 02:51 PM
I'm part of the admin team over at rover800.info so know only too well how difficult it can be to balance allowing free speech and stopping things from getting out of hand. I'm pretty new to this forum but since getting here I've seen nothing but very negative posts relating to George and as the old saying goes, there's no smoke without fire so I think the admin team here have absolutely done the right thing :thumbsup:

smilerbaker
01-08-12, 03:10 PM
Hats off to you all

welshone
01-08-12, 04:33 PM
From this thread it looks like the right decision was made, great job to the boss man and the team. :punk:

Quadcam24
01-08-12, 04:52 PM
my apologies for my comment on xpf, i have edited it.
Its easy to say ban someone, but i realise its not that easy in practice.
Trying to please everyone, and handling lots of things back stage that we don't see can sometimes be a tricky task, so hats off to you.

Jay-ZS+
01-08-12, 06:21 PM
I for one have never met him or even dealt with him, so on a prefessional level who am I to judge someone?

Nothing more professional than spelling professional wrong :laugh::thumbsup:

stamford
01-08-12, 07:06 PM
Nothing more professional than spelling professional wrong :laugh::thumbsup:

Oi, the ban stick is still warm James...............:p

Anyway I didn't realise I was being marked for a dissertation........:book:

Jay-ZS+
01-08-12, 07:09 PM
Oi, the ban stick is still warm James...............:p

Anyway I didn't realise I was being marked for a dissertation........:book:

:laugh: Thought it would lighten the mood alittle! :)

stamford
01-08-12, 07:10 PM
Yea and I hate spelling mistakes!

Nor
01-08-12, 07:21 PM
hmm, not great. One less way for me to contact G.

stamford
01-08-12, 07:32 PM
my apologies for my comment on xpf, i have edited it.
Its easy to say ban someone, but i realise its not that easy in practice.
Trying to please everyone, and handling lots of things back stage that we don't see can sometimes be a tricky task, so hats off to you.

Many thanks, that goes a long way.

Pity none of the others over there could do the same as some comments were far worse and some were personal.

For those that have a short memory he had been banned before. Then came back appearing to be a changed person hence why we cut him some slack. However we are not the only forum to have banned him and for him to return are we? Need I say more? ;)

daytona365
01-08-12, 08:19 PM
well played the management............I was one of the ones caught out by the chap.
Nice to know we have such a strong courageous leader..................(does that get me a free lager?)

MG ZS STE
01-08-12, 08:56 PM
Pity none of the others over there could do the same as some comments were far worse and some were personal.

pretty sure thats directed my way, and fair do's. i apologies and have edited any derogatory remarks from the post (but cant unquote it sorry) it was intended to guide lil ned to keeping his posts here factual and as positive as possible given the circumstances without getting it closed. i appreciate that themgzs was in a moral dilema whilst trying to protect unaffected users and maintain a level of tolerance whilst users of the forum with outstanding issues were patiently waiting for resolution. anyway, who said what and where they said it shouldnt put a blight on what i think is a great day for this forum and i hope my participation will continue to be helpfull and welcoming.

Much love, peace out Aiii

Nobrainer
01-08-12, 09:16 PM
If any one was still wavering about George, he seems to have screwed me too :-( I was hoping it would eventually get here but looks like the gearbox I paid for at the end of May isn't coming. George, if your reading this, retain a little dignity and pay back what you owe please.

Dan1971
01-08-12, 09:17 PM
Just read that thread on XPF ..... Posters from both forums on there making me surprised and rather sad at what's been said.

The links about failed purchases go to threads on that very forum....

Glad it's sorted now and we can move on. This forum has retained members for ages through car changes in and out of the brand due to the nature of the helpful members and the attitude of admin - who themselves are ZS owners - and only want what's best for us all.

Long may it continue.... :bow:

stamford
01-08-12, 09:20 PM
The comments were not being aimed at anyone in particluar as I hoped it would have been obvious who was being referred to as there were more than one.

Apology accepted and it's all too easy to become embroiled in such a full on assault against someone who has let people down in a big way. Unfortunately all reasoning goes out of the window and we end up having a free for all.

Like I said before, let's draw a line under it and move on and wish those having issues to get a speedy resolution.

Smokey
01-08-12, 09:29 PM
wish those having issues to get a speedy resolution.

Sums up my feelings really.

talkingcars
01-08-12, 09:34 PM
Thank you Mick, I have to admit I found have Zippy on here frustrating at times as I have to be careful not to get embrolled in arguments with him. On the otherhand I am a great beleiver in free speech, especially when it gives the poster the chance to make a fool of themselves.

I hope my post on XPF was a positive one, it seemed silly to me to be talking about "the other forum" when I don't think theMGZS has anything to hide.

Just for the record I have been a victim as well, pmail me if you want the link to the story.

petet16
01-08-12, 09:43 PM
I fell foul of him over 10 years ago, I'm amazed at how long he's managed to get away with behaving as he does, mind you like all good conmen he can be very plausible.

Dav
01-08-12, 10:47 PM
I think I was almost screwed by him also. Was he trading under something like RSM previously?

I bought an extreme spoiler from him many moons ago, to still be waiting for it nearly a month later! BUT, I'll give him this, when I said to him that I wanted either my spoiler next day or my money back, he was straight up and gave me my money back plus a little on top for being messed around.

Either way, well done Mick for doing the right thing. I was talking just the other day to my supervisor about this forum and how it doesn't matter if you been here 5minutes or 5years, everyone is treated equally and included in everything, and the are no clique-y groups that you find on many forums these days.

I don't have my Zed anymore, but I shan't be leaving as there is such a good atmosphere here that makes everyone feel welcome.

Long may it last :)

Zippy Saloon
02-08-12, 05:44 AM
Thank you Mick, I have to admit I found have Zippy on here frustrating at times as I have to be careful not to get embrolled in arguments with him. On the otherhand I am a great beleiver in free speech, especially when it gives the poster the chance to make a fool of themselves.

WTF have I ever said "mate"?

Got a problem then out with it, don't go slagging me off in a thread about a well known conman FFS

EDIT: reported post, so we'll let admins sort this out eh, mate? You seem to be on here 24/7 and not replied yet, so take it you ain't going to.

mattie007
02-08-12, 05:46 AM
I've had a few dealings with George before and only had one issue. I won a bumper from him off eBay and it arrived with damage. To be fair he refunded the cost of the bumper the next day. He also fixed my car when I had a broken strut. I had been to 3 garages before and none of them could fix it/get the correct part.
He is a nice chap to talk to face to face and is very knowledgable on all things MGR. Like others have said, he knows what he is doing, but perhaps takes too much on at a time, hence the delays.
Personally I can't fault his service but obviously there is some issues here.

petet16
02-08-12, 06:40 AM

Got a problem then out with it, don't go slagging me off in a thread about a well known conman FFS

EDIT: reported post, so we'll let admins sort this out eh, mate? You seem to be on here 24/7 and not replied yet, so take it you ain't going to.

You've got the wrong end of the stick, George has been known as zippy among other less pleasant names

stamford
02-08-12, 06:51 AM

Woh hang on a minute there mate. The reference to Zippy is in relation to 'George' from the kids show 'Rainbow'. I know for sure there is nothing aimed at you whatsoever so wind your neck in an apologise. It is just unfortunate that your username also contains Zippy so no offense was meant or any accusations towards you.

Jeez this bloke really gets under peoples skin doesn't he!

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Chill_e5a875_296357.jpg

Zippy Saloon
02-08-12, 08:04 AM
Woh hang on a minute there mate. The reference to Zippy is in relation to 'George' from the kids show 'Rainbow'. I know for sure there is nothing aimed at you whatsoever so wind your neck in an apologise. It is just unfortunate that your username also contains Zippy so no offense was meant or any accusations towards you.

Jeez this bloke really gets under peoples skin doesn't he!

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Chill_e5a875_296357.jpg

And how, exactly, does this relate to Rainbow?
"I have to admit I found have Zippy on here frustrating at times as I have to be careful not to get embrolled in arguments with him."
Not how I see it, it doesn't!

petet16
02-08-12, 08:10 AM
Seriously mate, what is wrong with you, James is not referring to you in anyway whatsoever, take a chill pill

Enright
02-08-12, 08:55 AM
Watch out: Geoffrey, Rod, Jane and Freddie will be along in a minute to picket this thread! If you need that joke explaining, then it simply means you're in the fortunate position of being too young to remember them all! ;)

stamford
02-08-12, 09:06 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_(TV_series)

When you read the information all will become clear. It is just unfortunate that you assumed it was directed at you purely because you have 'zippy' in your username.

When you get to the George part of the shows characters it soons becomes obvious if you know what I mean ;) :hump:

peterzs
02-08-12, 09:44 AM
Thanks for your post Dav, thats what we aim for, to have a Forum that anyone can come on, post for help and not worry about the replies.

As I say if you dont know something about the car, you dont know. What may be obvious to most, sometimes need a bit of help if you are new.

Hope we never are clique, pity we dont have more meets, but fuel costs, and just finding the time, means its not always possible.

Still always got Trax!!!!!

:smile1::smile1::smile1:

Smokey
02-08-12, 09:56 AM
What may be obvious to most, sometimes need a bit of help if you are new.

I'm not new to MG and STILL need help from the guys on this forum! I find if I never have a part fail in 5 years...when it does, I have no clue!

This is a great site for help.

peterzs
02-08-12, 10:08 AM
All the work you are doing on the Track car, will soon be doing all the "How to's"!!!!!!!!!!

Think its the most exciting and best advert for the site, certainly getting it known, by the Knockhill regulars.

Smokey
02-08-12, 10:18 AM
It's certainly different lol! Haven't found any other site with a track car so far. We must be pioneers!

peterzs
02-08-12, 10:20 AM
Pity we cant copy write it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smokey
02-08-12, 10:27 AM
Not sure there enough crazy people who will happily let other drive their car lol!

peterzs
02-08-12, 10:36 AM
Hats off to Smokey!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yikes: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

Smokey
02-08-12, 10:38 AM
You need to get your butt up here and drive it!!

p_b82
02-08-12, 10:45 AM
Sorry to see that things have come to this - but much as i hate to say it i am not that surprised.

I know how it can be with delays with cars - mine was with rally_matt for over 2 months for a 'simple' clutch change.

However i was always kept in the loop with call backs or pre-emptive texts if there had not been an update. (the delay was down to trying to get the AC sorted , and find some non rusted coolant pipes that are NLA new, as well as waiting for Helix to provide the parts a week after they said they had sent them etc)

I think that is the biggest 'issue' here is that if something is not going to be sorted for 1 month 2 months 3 months etc - dont just say 'oh it will be next week everytime' and be more up front and available.

Hope every-one is able to get everything sorted out properly as a result of this!

Well done the Admin team for making a tough call!

peterzs
02-08-12, 11:50 AM
You need to get your butt up here and drive it!!

Was going to come up to that last one Liverpool way, but we had a meet at MGSD that weekend as well.

One day!!!!

:smile1::smile1::smile1:

Smokey
02-08-12, 11:57 AM
30th August. Clear that day!

peterzs
02-08-12, 12:40 PM
Where you going to be on the 27/8/2012 ??????????????????????

Smokey
02-08-12, 12:42 PM
Working lateshift (took the day off for BTCC on 26th) Why?

peterzs
02-08-12, 12:52 PM
Thought the 27/8/2012 was the new 30/8/2012.!!!!!!!!! opppps!!

Smokey
02-08-12, 12:56 PM
I'm so confused lol!

I can offer to collect 2/3 people from Perth Train Station on morning of 30/08, offer free accomodation until the 31/08 and drop off at Perth Train Station if it helps get some new faces in the car?

welshone
02-08-12, 01:05 PM
Booked my holidays for this year and i've got the week before and the week after that date off :(

But I'm building a drive so room for one more car ;)

talkingcars
02-08-12, 08:57 PM

I left the forum this morning at
Welcome, talkingcars.
You last visited: Today at 06:29 AM

and here we are logging on at 21.44!

Hardly 24/7!

I have explained to you in a reply to your pmail what I had typed.

If you wish to foward my pmail to the managment please feel free.

And just for the record - I have been using the term "zippy" since about 2006 the way I use it.

talkingcars
02-08-12, 09:02 PM
and now at 22.00 I am logging off again - wasn't in the best of moods anyway and to be greated with a private messege starting "WTF" hasn't helped.

Night.