PDA

View Full Version : My year

Boot Hill Bandit
08-12-07, 09:45 PM
Well......as I sit here......bored out my head....

I thought I would share a recap of my first 9 months of ownership of the ZS180.

Bought it in March 2007 for £3200........drove 10 miles home......diagnosed with bottom end problems......

then steps in EMS who confidentally and reassuringly put my ZS back onto the road and back to full health with an engine change and clutch change and god knows what else to be on the safe side to make my car reliable as requested :)

next came the trip to Norway where I nearly smashed it up over a speed bump......some more repairs later and its back in one piece....

then a plenum change........

then Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres and mk2 rims to pass the MOT.....

some £8000 later (including car purchase)......and my car is on the road and running well.......in fact........today it felt unbelievably quick.......like being shunted by an articulated lorry at the traffic lights.....yet it still needs induction.

It's been a tiring and emotional year.......but an interesting one with all the problems my car has had. I hope next year (New Year) will see a lot of high speed action and use from it.

Smitten Jim

Maxxed_Ross
08-12-07, 09:58 PM
I've only had mine just over a month and it's already given me some great times. I quickly found out the book top end value was a little on the low side

I found myself two rear spats after everyone said they were impossible to get, was almost run off the motorway by a multi car pile up and luckily escaped any damage worth talking about, fitted an extreame spoiler and chopped half my dash out to fit the new DVD head unit

Then came the HID's, fitting the 18" Kei's off the ZR and the site sticker!

Still to come sorting out the drivers window surge problem, fitting the wing induction kit I have in the boot, the rear electric windows Kev currently has in his garage and some nice VIS indicator lights

I'm hoping the new alarm will be in this month

Roll on 2008!

Boot Hill Bandit
08-12-07, 10:11 PM
good stuff dude! :D

any other good stories??

Smitten Jim

mattie007
09-12-07, 11:44 AM
Had quite a good year in the 120, my first full year of ZS ownership. Covered about 10000 miles including a scotland and cornwall trip. Loved every minute and should have the 180 'look' my the end of the year!
Just want to sort a couple of rattles and it will be perfection!

stamford
09-12-07, 12:08 PM
That is one eventful year of ownership Jim!

Mine has been less stressful, just a plenum change with VIS fitted. I'll see the new year out with catch tank done and in Jan I'll have the wheels refurbed. Hopefully get her back on the road in March probably ;)

arwilson80
09-12-07, 02:41 PM
My year with it has been uneventful with the 180. Just a trip to Leeds to pick it up, about 20k miles before the year is out and no problems at all. :)

Fez
09-12-07, 07:27 PM
My year been fairly good.

I had to replace an oil sump 24 hours before leaving for Lemans(Lesson learnt: Never service a car a weekend before you go away) and I had my Head Gasket go last month.

Next year my Gearbox will need replace as it making a hell of a noise now.

All in all I ve had a good laugh in it this year.

Boot Hill Bandit
09-12-07, 07:43 PM
My year been fairly good.

I had to replace an oil sump 24 hours before leaving for Lemans(Lesson learnt: Never service a car a weekend before you go away) and I had my Head Gasket go last month.

Next year my Gearbox will need replace as it making a hell of a noise now.

All in all I ve had a good laugh in it this year.

I have a low miles PG1 gearbox sitting at the garage waiting for a new owner :) you want it?? make me an offer.......or PM me for further details

Jim

MGZS180
09-12-07, 07:54 PM
Mine is doing REALLY well. It has been to mid France earlier this year too towing a very large caravan, and never missed a beat. The key is to ensure the vehicle is always kept well serviced and generally looked after BEFORE things go wrong. Mileage from Feb 06 to date = 16,000 to 41,000 miles.

Southern Storm
09-12-07, 08:21 PM
B H B
Some tale my man. You must have mixed feelings about your car i guess. Been in a similar situation where you go so far you will lose out even more if you go back. Helps if you like the car :)
Had mine for around 2 - 3 months. Had it checked out with the VIS valves a bit rattley but all good news.
Calipers all painted green and XPOWER logo'd up
MP3 Head unit all fitted
X Power decals
XPower back box from EMS fitted

Catch tank, Bluetooth hands free car system, new mats, and few little car park dents to be sorted.

Fez
09-12-07, 08:34 PM
I have a low miles PG1 gearbox sitting at the garage waiting for a new owner :) you want it?? make me an offer.......or PM me for further details

Jim

Will that fit the 1.8 k series. I have no idea what gearbox mine has. :oops:

Boot Hill Bandit
09-12-07, 09:39 PM
Will that fit the 1.8 k series. I have no idea what gearbox mine has. :oops:

Not a definate idea but I guess it does.....techis! anyone able to say yay or nay??

Jim

stamford
09-12-07, 09:47 PM
Same gearbox, but need to check the ratios.

Boot Hill Bandit
09-12-07, 09:49 PM
Good point.........then no it won't be a straight swap. EMS are worth a call if and when you come round to needing it done.

Jim