PDA

View Full Version : ZS in shock MOT fail ....

Dan1971
03-08-12, 09:15 AM
Needs the headlight adjusting - new R45 ones sitting there - a tyre, and a MOT area this year - the seat has to be able to move as intended.

P1ssed me off a little as it can be moved by using the bar underneath, but apparently it needs to move on the lever at the side.

Hmph ....

So - one new tyre needed - (2 more had advisories) - R45 lights to fit - and a replacement driver's seat might just be the easiest way to deal with the seat issue......

stamford
03-08-12, 09:47 AM
Is the seat adjustment just a broken cable or bent rod? Should be an easy fix Dan with the seat out.

Ritchy
03-08-12, 09:49 AM
if you fix the other items they may do the h/lamp allignment f.o.c., likely 45 will need adjusted too, will take 2 mins tops for them to do it, just an adjustment screw

peterzs
03-08-12, 09:55 AM
Not too bad a hit Dan.

Guess who was asked to go with a daughter to choose a new Clio Initial???

She likes the seat high, anyway after touring around South London one Sunday Morning, saw a few cars, bought one, all the others she tried. This one, she didnt, I picked it up, drove it down here, she jumped in and tried to raise the seat.

Nooooo seat didnt move, into main dealer, thought £40 or £50, new spring or whatever.

£942 for a new seat, didnt do separate adjuster, got it welded up...................

Dan1971
03-08-12, 09:55 AM
Is the seat adjustment just a broken cable or bent rod? Should be an easy fix Dan with the seat out.

No idea mate .....

Dan1971
03-08-12, 09:57 AM
if you fix the other items they may do the h/lamp allignment f.o.c., likely 45 will need adjusted too, will take 2 mins tops for them to do it, just an adjustment screw

It wasn't the beam direction being wrong or they would have - it was that it simply wasn't directed at all and he said a fault with the bulb or headlight itself .... ?

Dan1971
03-08-12, 09:58 AM
Not too bad a hit Dan.

Guess who was asked to go with a daughter to choose a new Clio Initial???

She likes the seat high, anyway after touring around South London one Sunday Morning, saw a few cars, bought one, all the others she tried. This one, she didnt, I picked it up, drove it down here, she jumped in and tried to raise the seat.

Nooooo seat didnt move, into main dealer, thought £40 or £50, new spring or whatever.

£942 for a new seat, didnt do separate adjuster, got it welded up...................

And welding is the issue - it has to be able to move or it will fail..... mine isn't welded - just broken. Your daughters will now fail though ....

Ritchy
03-08-12, 09:58 AM
incorrect beam pattern is likely a bulb sitting upside down in the holder:)

peterzs
03-08-12, 10:05 AM
We took it back to the garage that did the work.

:mml::mml::mml::mml:

ZS
03-08-12, 10:13 AM
And welding is the issue - it has to be able to move or it will fail..... mine isn't welded - just broken. Your daughters will now fail though ....

Your welcome to the Drivers seat in this saloon if that helps? the bolster is a bit fekked... but mechanically it all works fine :)

Either swap over the covers... or just take the bits you need from this seat?

BTW, did the fog light arrive?

tb steve
03-08-12, 10:29 AM
incorrect beam pattern is likely a bulb sitting upside down in the holder:)

or the adjusting thing is not connected to the head lamp ???

ZS
03-08-12, 10:31 AM

or, as in my case, the metal clip that holds the bulb in place has broken off... so nothing holds the bulb in place now (well bluetac does on mine!)

Ritchy
03-08-12, 10:42 AM

could be but usually youd still get a pattern if that was the case, just the alignment would be out then, the adjuster moves the whole reflector up and down, the bulb is attached to the connector, unless the lense is damaged id recon on either the bulb being upside down or as zs said the clip not being on properly meaning the bulb isnt being held into the holder too well:)

stamford
03-08-12, 10:51 AM

Hers was the seat height not the for/back part, so will be okay.

Dan1971
14-08-12, 06:33 PM
All sorted ... Legal !

3 part-worns, £120.
Alcantara interior £100.
Bulb - £4.99 (ish)

Having it legal and thrashing it about the lanes - Priceless !

peterzs
14-08-12, 06:37 PM
Way to gooooooooooooooooo!!

:beer::beer::beer:

Dan1971
14-08-12, 07:20 PM
Cheers Pete - and my apologies for creating this thread - just noticed the MOT thread .... Sorry.

daytona365
14-08-12, 08:16 PM
Could have got you the bulb priceless lol...............Got loads left over from my Rover days..............