PDA

View Full Version : Any mechanics in Devon or SW?

drewesq
05-08-12, 12:39 PM
Hello again!

is there any mechanics recommended in the SW or in Devon?
I need to do the ABS rings and front discs, and although I could manage the discs myself it would make sense to do all at once. Also, given the price of CV joints I think I would prefer getting them changed as opposed to just changing the reluctor ring...

So, if anyone knows anyone then please let me know!

Thanks!

:)

POMPSKI
05-08-12, 12:51 PM
Definetly makes sense to do the CV's at the same time. Pretty simple jobs to do yourself, there is a great how-to on .org http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=433852

drewesq
05-08-12, 03:13 PM
Hey Pompski! Yeah, thanks for the link - I had already seen this how to which is why I know I'm not keen to do this myself!! I don't mind getting my hands dirty but I hate starting a job, getting half way through wishing I hadn't! How long, roughly, would you expect this to take a good mechanic?

jorj
05-08-12, 04:06 PM
Where abouts in devon mate?

Fred68
05-08-12, 04:37 PM
Hey Pompski! Yeah, thanks for the link - I had already seen this how to which is why I know I'm not keen to do this myself!! I don't mind getting my hands dirty but I hate starting a job, getting half way through wishing I hadn't! How long, roughly, would you expect this to take a good mechanic?

I'd allow 1.5 hours a side to do the job properly provided everything comes apart !!

drewesq
05-08-12, 05:15 PM
Hi Jorj, I am in Exeter, some people have recommended Exeter St Garage in Newton Abbot. You in Devon?

tb steve
06-08-12, 01:48 PM
my mate's got a garage in dawlish just let us know and i will see if he is still doing it

drewesq
07-08-12, 07:49 AM
Hi tb_Steve, thanks! I probably won't be able to do it til end of the month, but would be good to know if he is available

Cheers!

tb steve
07-08-12, 02:18 PM
no probs i have his mobile number
even if he has no work shop he still might do it still or if not he would pass over a name or number of someone local

drewesq
07-08-12, 03:55 PM
top man! ta very much :)

jorj
07-08-12, 09:37 PM
sorry for late reply. yeah im in honiton. i always use hill top services near yarcombe. they are really good up there. might be bit far though as other side of honiton from you

drewesq
08-08-12, 11:44 AM
Hi Jorj

Yeah a bit far - thanks though!

D

drewesq
12-08-12, 05:53 AM
Well, I did CV joints yesterday, with a little help from the father in law! asn't too bad actually - will be testing today! I did it without taking the discs off but now know the discs will need to be done next! At least the parts are pretty cheap for these cars!!