PDA

View Full Version : Only a few hours to go!!

Maxfly
10-12-07, 06:54 AM
Well up early, will be getting ready to set off about 9 for Dundee to get my 180:D Cannot believe how long it fels like since i was down with sammy looking at her!! Managed to get rid of all my bits off the zr, though the garage is getting her without heater knobs as i did an exchange wi one of the guys on themgzr - my alloy ones for his oe, but sent him my home address when i am at the folks the now....what a fanny!! Will just say i nroke 2 of them and have others ordered that i will post to them:D

'phew' my money went into the account this morning, thought i would have had it in fri as thats what pru said but better late than never ll

stamford
10-12-07, 07:29 AM
:w00t: not long then :D

Maxfly
10-12-07, 07:37 AM
:w00t: not long then :D

3 hours or thereabouts lol!! Really looking forward to gettin the zs, but going to miss my zr, had her since new (exactly 5 years yesterday) and think it will feel kinda weird in this last journey with her:) But stll excited as hell abuot getting the zs, just wish i had plenty money and could keep both :smart:

stamford
10-12-07, 07:42 AM
Well at least you are taking a step forwards and not back. I've regretted many cars I have sold, so that is why I don't even think about selling the 180, it is too good and will become a classic I am sure :D

arwilson80
10-12-07, 08:56 AM
Well...?

stamford
10-12-07, 09:30 AM
Well...?

What?

arwilson80
10-12-07, 09:38 AM
Well he'd be away to get the ZS so i was saying "well?" as in "How did it go?". :)

stamford
10-12-07, 09:57 AM
Well he'd be away to get the ZS so i was saying "well?" as in "How did it go?". :)

I thought so, except I reckoned on him being away until around 11:30 ish. I doubt if we will hear from him for some time :D

D3monstrate
10-12-07, 10:09 AM
He will probably be living in it for a couple of days, and I dont think they have internet access in 180s do they...?

stamford
10-12-07, 10:21 AM
He will probably be living in it for a couple of days, and I dont think they have internet access in 180s do they...?

:hmmm: the best of both worlds, 180 to live in and logging onto themgzs.co.uk :laugh:

arwilson80
10-12-07, 10:33 AM

It could be done... Car-puter and mobile internet dongle (or wireless PCMIA (or whatever those letters are) card). ;)

Southern Storm
10-12-07, 01:37 PM
Already built one, Got it on my bench but never fitted to my car, little 8" touch screen and all. Might fit it to the Scirocco

sduk
10-12-07, 03:58 PM
bit late but good luck Gary, like me you will be sad to see the ZR go, but all that is soon forgotten when you get the ZS, its so much more of a car, specially as you have the 180.

safe trip mate and let us know when you get back :)

Maxfly
10-12-07, 05:03 PM
not long back, wow what a car ******* brilliant!!!! Just washed her and gave the wheels a going over with wonder wheels!! having some warm food cos it's ruddy cold lol then back to it:D got to get the air vent fitted yet, but will get that done in ness, will get em to check a wheel bearing as am sure i was hearing a droning about 60-70 mph, still overjoyed though will throw up some pics later on. cheers all, back in a while:):super:

Maxxed_Ross
10-12-07, 05:55 PM
excellent stuff. The 180 isn't long in blowing any memories of the ZR right out your head lol

sduk
10-12-07, 06:02 PM
what air vent are you fitting mate?

stamford
10-12-07, 07:08 PM
I can hear him saying "what ZR?" :laugh:

arwilson80
10-12-07, 09:15 PM
Me too. What is a ZR BTW? ;)

Maxfly
10-12-07, 10:16 PM
what air vent are you fitting mate?

mind the one that was broken inside, it was ordered but never arrived in time, so will get it done in inverness. was going to paint the brakes tonight.....so went and pulled out my locking nut and the 'key' is all distorted so that put paid to that, something else to jar the smarmy salesman wi tomorrow lol Aswell as the fact that when it was serviced they never changed the air filter and it took a few goes to get her started tonight for some reason, hoping its just because she was sitting about for a bit:) So i cleaned an hoovered the inside, then polished up the wheels, they were caked in a thin coating of tar but an hour with metallic t-cut has them looking braw!! Then gave a quick polish and left it at that, will go over her with a wax tomorrow and get some photos taken, but looks a millions times better already:D:D:D The only other things i did was wipe down the engine as it was dusty as hell, tighten the screws for the arm rest and reattach the front bit of the seat on passenger side, oh an threw some cd's in the multichanger as couldn't be arse wippin it out yet:punk:

Maxxed_Ross
10-12-07, 11:10 PM
can you still get them new? One of mine is broken too. I tried to get one from the scrappy but I couldn't get it out of the dash lol

Maxfly
10-12-07, 11:12 PM
can you still get them new? One of mine is broken too. I tried to get one from the scrappy but I couldn't get it out of the dash lol

hope so!! they said they had ordered one, though didn't know when it would be in. I take it they don't just pull out the dash like the old style vents did?!?!

Maxxed_Ross
10-12-07, 11:14 PM
they do, but you need the right size of screwdriver and care.... both of which I had forgotten to take with me lol

Maxfly
10-12-07, 11:15 PM
they do, but you need the right size of screwdriver and care.... both of which I had forgotten to take with me lol
You want me to ask at my xpart dealer to see if they can get them in??

Maxxed_Ross
10-12-07, 11:16 PM
yeah could do buddy

Maxfly
10-12-07, 11:18 PM
yeah could do buddy

no probs, am back up the road saturday so will pop in on my days off then, but i'm very good at forgetting so give me a shout if i aint posted any details:)

sduk
11-12-07, 08:14 AM
the best and easiest way to remove them is with a butter knife, put it behind the silver part (parallell with the windscreen) and then you can pop it out enough to pull it out with your fingers, without damaging your dash.

R8NMG
11-12-07, 09:24 PM
got to get the air vent fitted yet

Are you talking about the circular air vent inside the car? If yes how much is a new one costs?

Maxxed_Ross
11-12-07, 11:03 PM
that's the one

How many folk actually need one? I have access to 8 at a scrappy now I know how to get them out lol

arwilson80
12-12-07, 08:54 AM
If it includes the louvres that direct the air then i'll have one... There's one of mine missing. :yucky:

Also, the little square that holds the sensor on the dash. Can you get any of these, and are they hard to get out? I am thinking about doing something with this, and need to cut it hence this one is a spare. :)

georgiansoccer
12-12-07, 09:16 AM
There were brand new boxed ones on ebay a while back think they were quite expensive though.

The 45 has slightly different vents inside the car. They have a chrome ring round them not the silver like the ZS.

R8NMG
12-12-07, 03:23 PM
How many folk actually need one? I have access to 8 at a scrappy now I know how to get them out lol

I will be very interested in having one. Are they all the same (i.e side and middle vents).

Maxxed_Ross
12-12-07, 05:43 PM
In that case there are only 4 as 4 are Rover chrome ones

Maxxed_Ross
12-12-07, 05:46 PM
If it includes the louvres that direct the air then i'll have one... There's one of mine missing. :yucky:

Also, the little square that holds the sensor on the dash. Can you get any of these, and are they hard to get out? I am thinking about doing something with this, and need to cut it hence this one is a spare. :)

I already pinched that bit, sorry buddy

The 45 has slightly different vents inside the car. They have a chrome ring round them not the silver like the ZS.

one of them does have that type... I did wonder what they came off... they look very weird. I was going to take the full set and fit into mine as I quite like chrome things :laugh:

I will be very interested in having one. Are they all the same (i.e side and middle vents).

yep they are all identical

R8NMG
12-12-07, 06:50 PM
yep they are all identical

I will have 1 then for a ZS.

The chrome ring does make it look classier.

Maxxed_Ross
12-12-07, 07:10 PM
I'll be doing another scrappy raiding session when I get back then!

arwilson80
12-12-07, 09:34 PM
I'll be doing another scrappy raiding session when I get back then!

Looks like it. :) No ZS is safe...

Maxxed_Ross
12-12-07, 10:03 PM
see thread in the WANTED section

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=2285