PDA

View Full Version : Air Con / Heating - Not Working

Burrelly
31-08-12, 11:27 AM
When I got the car setting 1 and 2 did not work and I assumed it was just the resistors behind the glove box.

A few weeks ago the blowers completely stopped working on any settings. There was a bit of smoke from the passenger side vents. I just assumed it was the resistors finally giving in.

I checked them yesterday and they are all still intact. So what is the first things to check after that?

Any help is appreciated :-)

Dave

ZS
31-08-12, 11:42 AM
Sounds like the fan unit itself has seized....

Remove the three bolts from the passenger foot well and drop the fan and try to turn by hand.

You may find it is difficult to turn, a bit of WD40 may help temporary... but a new fan would be best.

Also it still could be the resistors if its a hairline crack in the solder etc... I'd run a multi meter accross it to ensure they are 100% entact and at the correct resistence...

Or... have you checked the fuse? :p

Burrelly
31-08-12, 11:45 AM
If it is the fan / motor how difficult is that to replace?

Dave

ZS
31-08-12, 11:50 AM
If it is the fan / motor how difficult is that to replace?

Dave

Three bolts and one connector...

I have a spare one in the car I am breaking if any use?

Burrelly
31-08-12, 12:13 PM
I will double check the fan tonight and let you know. How much you looking for it?

Dave

BUCKYDEVIL
31-08-12, 01:10 PM
Hi Dave, how did you get on with fixing the dent ?

Burrelly
31-08-12, 01:12 PM
Hi Dave, how did you get on with fixing the dent ?

It is still dented. Got quoted 300 quid to get it fixed but not had a chance :-)

I need to get round to it soon though.

daytona365
31-08-12, 06:07 PM
Replacing the fan is easy, once you got the glovebox off to do the resistor, you all ready to drop the fan. I replaced mine as it was a bit stiff, and didnt want it to blow the resistor..........

big_wasa
31-08-12, 08:31 PM
They get bits of leaf and twig in there and it burns them out.

andy-81
01-09-12, 12:41 PM
I think it a bit of a fault with the blower, you can get the resisters for about 12 quid but your not on your own I have to hit mine a few times to get it to come on