PDA

View Full Version : my side project

Maxxed_Ross
11-12-07, 03:26 AM
I'm in the process of buying this beast off a mate of my dads for a little track project

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/maxxed_ross/DSCF0907-2.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/maxxed_ross/DSCF0905-2.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/maxxed_ross/DSCF0906.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/maxxed_ross/DSCF0909.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/maxxed_ross/DSCF0910.jpg

It's a highly rare Impreza Type R. Available only in Japan this thing has every electronic toy you can think of. It might look like a P1, but it stops there. Every car was order-only.

It's got fully adjustable front, centre and rear diffs - you can even lock all 3 if you're stuck in the snow! Adjustable brake bias, close-gear ratios, intercooler water-spray, carbon-fibre bonnet, front wings and boot lid, STi alcantara interior and a few other handy toys

This one is even more special as it's ahd a stack of work done to the engine after a slight incident last year that saw most of it left in the fast lane of the M9.

Forged pistons, crank, rods, vernier pullies, race cams, fully balanced, ported head, racing 3 plate clutch, light flywheel, HKS air filter, HKS dump valve, fancy manifolds, HKS full de-cat and 4" system... about the only standard parts left are the turbo and intercooler

anyway thought it might interest some of you, comments welcome

Boot Hill Bandit
11-12-07, 03:41 AM
HOW VERY DARE YOU! :rofl:

Get that Jap crap off here right now!

Almost as bad as posting a bloody BMW on here! Hope Karen didn't hear that :rofl: oh god! thats another ******* bad point on the list :laugh:

Jim

Maxxed_Ross
11-12-07, 03:48 AM
it may be Jap, but it sure ain't crap. It's a crazy crazy machine

Boot Hill Bandit
11-12-07, 04:14 AM
it may be Jap, but it sure ain't crap. It's a crazy crazy machine

No I know ;) only teasing :)

Subaru are quite an amazing bunch. I have a soft spot for them with their karting engines. Not many kids can go to school and say they have raced a Subrau round a track at the weekend :D

The build quailty of the engines when compared to Honda is something quite amazing. Subaru seem to take as much care and precision in building a generator engine as they do with making a car engine.........something which Honda fail to do by a long way.

Thats going to be some toy of yours buddy!

Jim

stamford
11-12-07, 08:18 AM
700 bhp? ;)

arwilson80
11-12-07, 10:27 AM
Which one? The one on the left and down a little? ;)

Mat C
11-12-07, 04:58 PM
Why if you are getting that would you want a ZS ?!! Doesn't make sence to me, Subaru is a far supperior car to our ZS's !
Oh and BootHB, BMW's are the best cars in the world. M3 is quite simply breath taking. I've been lucky enough to drive all 3 of the previous gen' M3's and they are just incredible. The every day models are also amazing machines. Get past the badge !!!

ZS180V6
11-12-07, 05:03 PM
Looks like it would be a great track car......

Sounds expensive though ?

I have always fancied a Scooby but after going round Brands in my mates M3 CSL I now would prefer one of those......

Mat C
11-12-07, 05:05 PM
Mmmmm, CSL !!! My dream car - WOW - the noise of them ! :D

ZS180V6
11-12-07, 05:10 PM
Until I had been in it I would not have known how good they are..

Disposed of the other super cars that were there.

One day I may have one.

Maxfly
11-12-07, 05:13 PM
Thats some side project fella, bit of a beast that:super:

Mat C
11-12-07, 05:13 PM
Until I had been in it I would not have known how good they are..

Disposed of the other super cars that were there.

One day I may have one.

Yeah i can imagine it did ! I'm hoping to buy an E46 M3 in the next year or so. If ever i was in the position to get a CSL though, i would truly consider myself a fortunate man ! The CS is surposed to be an amazing car too - best of both worlds and probably the best all-rounder. Very rare too !

stamford
11-12-07, 10:31 PM
Saw a mint E30 M3 last weekend, tasty motor indeed.

Maxxed_Ross
11-12-07, 11:32 PM
Thats some side project fella, bit of a beast that:super:

Tis indeed. Scares me silly every time I've driven it... and that was before it's make over! :crazy:

Leasky
12-12-07, 08:11 AM
imo the best model of imprezza my mate and his bro has one a blue one and a yellow one blue one is super quick am sure i heard it got timed at york raceway at a 3.6/3.8sec to 60mph!

very clean exmaple like them in white too

sduk
24-12-07, 11:26 PM
my god Ross! that is a super sexy car. I dont care how common people say they are and how overrated they are, i love the looks and bet the power is awesome. might not be the case if i had a 180 but i would defo swap my 110 for that! :)

so its not gonna be used at all on the road? just track?

Maxxed_Ross
27-12-07, 08:55 AM
I'll try and keep it for both. It's too rare to go stripping it out

Only problem is I'll need to garage it until I'm 25 because of insurance lol

arwilson80
27-12-07, 09:58 AM
How long away is 25? I don't think i'd even contemplate asking for insurance on that in N.I for myself. It'd knock me out!