PDA

View Full Version : Seriously considering jacking it in...

James Raby
05-09-12, 08:42 PM
Can't get anyone to pull car straight at the back for less than 600 quid and even then i think thats a p-take IMO

then i'd have to 'try' and get someone to paint it correctly, and thats not gonna be an easy job

i really do not know what to do or where to go, nobody seems to give me the impression that they gonna do it properly!

on the other side, im now off work cos its too friggin uncomfortable to sit down on a chair (even at home)

2nd vertibrae up is out of line and pushing INTO my back muscles making them too weak so it cant support me

damn - getting rear ended is not something i would recommend!!!!!

talkingcars
05-09-12, 08:44 PM
Sorry to hear you are still in pain.

I guess with the car a lot is down to how much you care for the car and how much it'll cost to put it right.

vanishing days
05-09-12, 08:54 PM
Bad luck dude don't no if it would help but after being rear ended in a friends car I was in agony. Then a friend recommended a chiropractor was the best decision I ever made going to see one they can work wonders

Dan1971
05-09-12, 08:58 PM
Sorry you're in pain mate ... :console:

Break it.

James Raby
05-09-12, 09:08 PM
Only purchased it 'cos it's different, also to use as an example for the detailing business I was almost ready to start!!!

Well, would do it now but it kills

https://www.facebook.com/JRDetailingUK

stamford
05-09-12, 09:18 PM
As said make an appointment with a chiropractor, can this be done via your insurance claim? It'll save you alot of money if you can. I had many sessions back in April due to back problems.

Sorry to hear about the car, have go yourself if confident, Steve did a good job on his when it was rear ended iirc.

James Raby
05-09-12, 09:37 PM
Have asked Steve already...

Am having a chiropractor look at it already, just to relieve the pain!

Am claiming for that and time off work too...

stamford
05-09-12, 09:39 PM
Good on all counts, take it easy though.

James Raby
05-09-12, 09:46 PM
Good on all counts, take it easy though.

hard when all I wanna do is go outside and earn dollar!!
both my ZS's are filthy with dust!

Mothers Galaxy is dreadful, dads jag, well looks like a F1 car after a race!

stamford
05-09-12, 09:48 PM
Having been there many times with a bad back I know it is hard to keep still, but in your case you could do more damage that may take longer to mend, believe me, mine is still not right after 30 years!

peterzs
06-09-12, 07:57 AM
Shame on both counts, get the back sorted, then worry about the car.

The Typhoon is a fantastic colour, my tf goes from violet blue to a bottle green, depending on the time of day. Can understand why you want to use it to show your detailing skills off.

Must be someone that will do a good job, specially if you say you can recommend their work.

Hate to say it, but when I had a back problem had to get an auto, so much pain changing gear. But get it sorted, seems like it never will, but it does.

All the best and hope you find someone with the skills and at the right price.

waynester
07-09-12, 07:01 PM
Sorry to hear of your troubles.. seems a few have experience of back problems - me too..major!

Ex PC & suffered a major injury during 'an incident'

Result?

2 ruptured discs, nay...exploded!

Had to have my L5/S1 fused, & had an ADR (artificial disc replacement) at L5/S1..big op!

That was 12 years ago i suffered the injury, & 3 years ago since the last op, & still have major pain!

Take care of your back mate.

big_wasa
07-09-12, 07:06 PM
As long as you got a fair price for her I would let it go. You will never be happy with it again.

You have the blue one so you could be patiant untill the "the one" comes along to replace her.

James Raby
07-09-12, 07:36 PM
It's the mileage, condition etc etc, just needs brakes doing! They're shocking!!!

Gearbox and gear selection to left of neutral is always tight (not hydraulics)

Cambelts need doing soon, also guy wants to pay 1250 for her! Can't lose!

Will see if salvageable first, need a different car to demo skills etc