PDA

View Full Version : Drivers Seat Height...

waynester
08-09-12, 05:18 AM
I have adjusted the drivers seat as low as it will go...I think? I made the mistake of slightly lifting my weight off it as I lifted the handle...& nearly ejected myself through the roof!

So..I think I have pushed it down as low as it will go, but..I still feel I am sitting to high!
I noticed a white 'knob' at the front left side of the seat, not touched it yet.. what does that do?

Any other way to get the seat a little lower?

Sodakid
08-09-12, 07:15 AM
That just adjusts the lumber support on your back, I think?

Sodakid
08-09-12, 07:16 AM
Forgive me I've just woke up, that was a silly answer :(

Steven11
08-09-12, 08:07 AM
That just adjusts the lumber support on your back, I think?

Correct, there should be a black handle on the end of that white knob. Rotate it left or right for the lumber support.

Fred68
08-09-12, 08:32 AM
Correct, there should be a black handle on the end of that white knob. Rotate it left or right for the lumber support.

Is there a lumber adjustment? I'v never noticed in all the years I'v had a Zed!!

talkingcars
08-09-12, 09:19 AM
Is there a lumber adjustment? I'v never noticed in all the years I'v had a Zed!!

I bought a genuine MGRover accesory pack of a pnumatic lumber support, took the seat back off to fit it and found the lumber support!

Steven11
08-09-12, 09:27 AM
As far as im aware all the Zed's have it. I bought a brand new 110 Zed when they first came out and that had it as well.

zsserbia
08-09-12, 03:53 PM
Mine is a rhd and has lumber support for the driver's seat as well. Meaning they could have paired the options in the first place so that codriver as well has both hight and lumber support adjustable, such a shame they didn't.

IMO ZS is one of the cars you'd want to sit as low as possible, codriver has totaly different driving experience. Back seat is sitting nicely.

Sodakid
08-09-12, 06:29 PM
Yeah on the zr the adjustment was on the side of the seat, when i brought my zs it felt
Like i had a lump in my back so I looked for the adjuster and found it lol.

Maxxed_Ross
09-09-12, 03:14 AM
I never knew there way an ajuster either... but I never went looking for one

I have to agree about the seat height. I'm quite a bit over 6 foot tall and even the lowest setting didn't feel all that low

talkingcars
09-09-12, 10:43 AM
Mine is a rhd and has lumber support for the driver's seat as well. Meaning they could have paired the options in the first place so that codriver as well has both hight and lumber support adjustable, such a shame they didn't.

IMO ZS is one of the cars you'd want to sit as low as possible, codriver has totaly different driving experience. Back seat is sitting nicely.

The Rover 45 connosour (sp) has driver and passanger hieght and lumber adjustment.

rturner
09-09-12, 07:26 PM
It's really not the best driving position ever. I've fitted some cobra clubman seats onto the ZS subframes and that's really improved the height issue. Still not as low as I can make the seats in my 1 series, but I no longer feel like my backside is at the same height as the dash top.

Hasn't sorted out the fact that I find the clutch pedal is way too high when I'm in the right position for the accelerator pedal, or if I'm in a comfortable position for the clutch I can't fully depress the accelerator!

Fred68
09-09-12, 09:06 PM
It's really not the best driving position ever. I've fitted some cobra clubman seats onto the ZS subframes and that's really improved the height issue. Still not as low as I can make the seats in my 1 series, but I no longer feel like my backside is at the same height as the dash top.

Hasn't sorted out the fact that I find the clutch pedal is way too high when I'm in the right position for the accelerator pedal, or if I'm in a comfortable position for the clutch I can't fully depress the accelerator!

If you have a Sheddist kit the clutch hight is adjustable!!

rturner
09-09-12, 09:22 PM
If you have a Sheddist kit the clutch hight is adjustable!!

That's the best thing I've heard this weekend! Are these still available? Where would I get one from?!

andys1981
09-09-12, 09:42 PM
pm nigel(sheddist) on xpower forum mate

waynester
09-09-12, 10:23 PM
So I'm already as low as I can go... krapbags! Ok, thanks. :)

Enright
10-09-12, 08:10 AM
MG driving positions are a bit weird – I’m 5’10” so there shouldn’t be any problems, but it’s still difficult to find a position that is both comfortable AND offers a decent view.

Key to it is that you should never have a straight arm or straight leg. It makes me laugh when you see some of these teenagers struggling to peek over the window sill and peering THROUGH the steering wheel, with their seats reclined at 45 degrees because they think it looks cool! “Well that’s ow Touring Car drivers sit, innit!” – “yeah, but YOU don’t need to worry about your centre of gravity being as low as possible, and you’re in OEM seats, not racing ones, dimwit!!!”

If you get to a point where your arm or leg is straight then you’re at full extension and so don’t have full control. At furthest reach, you should still have a slight bend in your arms or legs.

I have to have my ZS’s driver’s seat against the backstop, then seeing as the height adjustment also moves the seat back and forth, I adjust that so that I’ve got the correct reach for both legs and arms. Even then it’s a balancing act, because with the steering wheel tilted fully upwards and against the stop, to sit comfortably my view of the top part of the dials is almost obscured.

At least ZS seats aren’t as bad as ZR ones though – after 1 & ½ hours in those my back really used to hurt, no matter how I had them. They were just plain painful. And if I’m in the missus’s 206 CC, you should see (or hear from the screams) what my sitting comfortably does to the rear seat passenger's legs! ;)

Maxxed_Ross
10-09-12, 05:44 PM
pm nigel(sheddist) on xpower forum mate

good luck, I sent him messages constantly for nearly a year and never got a response.

I eneded up buying one second hand on here :cool2: