PDA

View Full Version : The early bird .....

Dan1971
16-09-12, 11:38 AM
.... gets stuff done.

Needed a wash so took care of that.

KevGs tester came yesterday too, so tested the motors in the car - all good - and also tested the two spares I've got in the shed - both good too - :clap:

Really chuffed with the wheels - The suspension seems to have settled a bit and they sit slightly wider too so I love the new side profile. Car seems to drive better too, which is no doubt down to a new wheel/tyres combo as my old straights and part worns are pretty dire. They'll do for the track though ....

So here she is - Feedback welcome either way good or bad - haven't had feedback about the splitter yet either....

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii58/danlaualex/ZSnewwheels003.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii58/danlaualex/ZSnewwheels005.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii58/danlaualex/ZSnewwheels002.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii58/danlaualex/ZSnewwheels007.jpg

pete mufc bowker
16-09-12, 11:48 AM
is that a renualt laguna front splitter??, i must say i prefer the original :huh:, but everything else looks nice, lovin the wheels and tyres, and i love the hatch's (same as mine), i think they look the best, prob a few will disagree with me tho :hang:

stamford
16-09-12, 11:53 AM
Looking the part now Dan, looks to be worth a few quid more than what it cost you! I like the Laguna splitter, but then I would wouldn't I! Not so sure on the centre caps, prefer all black or none at all so as to see the wheels nuts. A minor thing though. All in all, a darned good zed mate :thumbsup:

Dan1971
16-09-12, 11:53 AM
Cheers - The splitter's off an Espace but they are the same I think. When you say that you prefer the original do you mean vetter without ? It's just attached to what is standard ....

Dan1971
16-09-12, 11:56 AM
Looking the part now Dan, looks to be worth a few quid more than what it cost you! I like the Laguna splitter, but then I would wouldn't I! Not so sure on the centre caps, prefer all black or none at all so as to see the wheels nuts. A minor thing though. All in all, a darned good zed mate :thumbsup:

Thanks Mick ....

As for the centre caps - without them at the moment there's just a hole and chrome wheel nuts. I'll get some black caps for the nuts and black wheel centres with Red MG logo at some point, but for now, the caps that came with the wheels look better than without them.

pete mufc bowker
16-09-12, 11:59 AM
Cheers - The splitter's off an Espace but they are the same I think. When you say that you prefer the original do you mean vetter without ? It's just attached to what is standard ....

yer i didnt realise that, till i looked again :slap:, i change my opinion, i like it haha, all round nice lookin motor :w00t:

Maxfly
16-09-12, 12:00 PM
Looks good Dan, wheels sit nicely on it. Splitter not for me but does look good on your zed...if you know what i mean:)

Dan1971
16-09-12, 12:03 PM
Looks good Dan, wheels sit nicely on it. Splitter not for me but does look good on your zed...if you know what i mean:)

Yep - I get you .... Cheers

andys1981
16-09-12, 12:04 PM
looking good dan,i was gonna fit my splitter yesterday but as i had it fitted to the zr,its too small,so will need to get another one,im the same on the wheels,dont like the silver caps,get a can of tinting spray and spray them black,it will make a big difference,coming along nicely bud!!

Lukeus101
16-09-12, 02:23 PM
Mk1 solar red hatch is the dogs tbh ;)

KirkJames
16-09-12, 03:07 PM
Nice looking motor. Never used to like red at all, but coming round to it!

BUCKYDEVIL
16-09-12, 03:15 PM
Must admit I wasnt liking the wheels much when you said you was gonna get them but on the car they look the dogs danglies,, you seem to have a good eye for knowing what touches to bring out
the best in a car...
car is certainly getting well looked after.

Dan1971
16-09-12, 03:58 PM
Cheers all .....

daytona365
16-09-12, 10:39 PM
I think the splitter looks really good. Looks like a professionally fitted job................
Like the wheels too, not normally keen on black, but it goes well with the red..

James Raby
16-09-12, 10:57 PM
only splitter i ever like is the Leon one, just kinda suits the shape of the bumper and the already in place splitter (so the Leon just compliments the original one) hope you get me lol

defo needs black centre caps though :)

Smokey
16-09-12, 11:58 PM
Must say, the wheels look better for some reason.

stamford
17-09-12, 07:19 AM
I think the splitter looks really good. Looks like a professionally fitted job................
Like the wheels too, not normally keen on black, but it goes well with the red..

I see what you did there :laugh: