PDA

View Full Version : custom zs front splitter

redzed
24-09-12, 11:30 AM
Hi guys

Bit of a plug but had a few comments about my zed in a previous thread, one of the things that stands out is the front splitter which i had made for me by ratech racing, designed to fit a mk11 as it has a small ridge in the front which fits the mk11 perfect but also fits a mk1 as i have it now on 3 of my zs's both mark1 and 2s, ed at ractech is now selling them at a reasonable price heres the link:

http://www.ratechracing.co.uk/News.html

one of the best looking mods on my zs by far im my opinion

redzed
24-09-12, 11:32 AM
close up pic of it

redzed
24-09-12, 11:33 AM
and another

stamford
24-09-12, 11:57 AM
Is it a case of contacting them for a price if interested?

Also liking the sound of the bodykit, is this going to happen or just a wish-list thing?

sneekyparrot
24-09-12, 01:24 PM
Is it a case of contacting them for a price if interested?

Also liking the sound of the bodykit, is this going to happen or just a wish-list thing?

Eddie coming back to me with a price in carbon, may even seek a group buy:-)

BTTC kit still in moulding stage but sounds like it is happening.

P.

redzed
24-09-12, 01:29 PM
yeah the btcc kit is happening, i went up there to do some measurements the other day, i can post some pics if you want?

redzed
24-09-12, 01:31 PM
im not sure on price, it didnt cost me much to have it made, contact is on their web i think

WalkerDnB
24-09-12, 01:43 PM
Im tempted :) group buy for the win
Depending on price of course

redzed
24-09-12, 03:58 PM
price is £116 so im told

Smokey
24-09-12, 04:46 PM
£116 for the splitter, non carbon?

WalkerDnB
24-09-12, 04:46 PM
maybe not then lol

Smokey
24-09-12, 04:58 PM
What makes this splitter better than just getting a leon splitter?

Jay-ZS+
24-09-12, 05:18 PM
I contacted them, its £116.50 plus postage + £28 to paint in any colour. It is nice but thats quite a price tag for a splitter!

Have you got any close ups of how it mates up to the bumper

WalkerDnB
24-09-12, 05:42 PM
What makes this splitter better than just getting a leon splitter?

because the leon splitter looks naff on a zs imo its not wide enough.
but at that price Id rather buy a laguna splitter

POMPSKI
24-09-12, 05:45 PM
Group buy means lower price? If so Id love one

WalkerDnB
24-09-12, 05:49 PM
Group buy means lower price? If so Id love one

depends on how much lower tbh Id love one too but thats far to much
id quite happily paint it myself to get it even cheaper :)

ZS Phil
24-09-12, 06:34 PM
looks awesome on your MK2 but Im undecided about the MK1, do you have any better pics of it other than the ones on the site? I just think it might stick out a bit far on the MK1.

talkingcars
24-09-12, 06:38 PM
looks awesome on your MK2 but Im undecided about the MK1, do you have any better pics of it other than the ones on the site? I just think it might stick out a bit far on the MK1.

Seconded.

stamford
24-09-12, 07:16 PM
Previously I have made my own from a section of polycarbonate sheeting, profiled then painted to suit and made some spacers up to make it look BTCC ish.

The featured one looks good but the price is high considering the other options, more close ups would be good so we could see the fit. Would this one be able to sustain car parking kerbs, like front on diagonal type parking bays?

redzed
24-09-12, 09:44 PM

its only like that because for racing i pushed it out as much as i could just to get extra downforce, i'll get some better pics done at weekend if Ratech dont do it before me, personally i dont think its too much, it cost me alot more, looks the nuts and it a propoer fit. The leon one doesnt fit right (i used to have it) this one molds the bumper exactly, fits the lip in the middle perfect, provides a bit of downforce and i think look factory done but i biased as i came up with it. anyway check out prices of other reinforced fibreglass splitters like you get on evos etc they are much more.

andy-81
25-09-12, 02:50 PM
It's a nice splitter definately and worth it for the track but for those that don't use their car on the track it is a touch on the dear side especially if you miss judge the height of a curb in a car park that would be 100 quid down the swanny

BUCKYDEVIL
25-09-12, 03:46 PM
I really like this splitter more than the Leon one,going to stick some money aside for one.

redzed
25-09-12, 04:23 PM
It's a nice splitter definately and worth it for the track but for those that don't use their car on the track it is a touch on the dear side especially if you miss judge the height of a curb in a car park that would be 100 quid down the swanny

i use one on my road zs and dont have any issues. i have hit a few kerbs on it and its strong hasnt cracked at all its not a cheaply made thing at all

OllieZS
25-09-12, 04:45 PM
Redzed,
I'm interested in a splitter, I'm getting one for an increase in downforce, how far does the splitter protrude from the bumper?

OllieZS
25-09-12, 05:05 PM
Redzed,
I'm interested in a splitter, I'm getting one for an increase in downforce, how far does the splitter protrude from the bumper?
Regards
Ollie

Maxxed_Ross
25-09-12, 10:27 PM
Is it just me or is that splitter exactly the same as the HT Autos Impreza splitter? Looks identical to the one i have fitted anyway!

Seems to suit the zs lines quite well

Jay-ZS+
26-09-12, 05:39 PM
Any chance of some more photos, perhaps close ups to show the fittment?

WalkerDnB
26-09-12, 05:52 PM
Im just going to make one from some mdf Top Gear style ;)
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb147/walker1988/3040423443_d075f91398.jpg

redzed
26-09-12, 07:42 PM
Redzed,
Regards
Ollie

depends on what you want, think they do the kit so you can cut it to what you want, on my mk2 is doesnt stick out much but my mk1 i wanted it to so they made it stick out further

redzed
26-09-12, 07:43 PM
Any chance of some more photos, perhaps close ups to show the fittment?

i think they will do that on their website soon, i'll find out

dida4g
27-09-12, 08:40 AM
I like this, it's just the mk2 bumper is stepped so on a straight lip it's gonna leave holes.