PDA

View Full Version : Gauging interest - Induction Kit Group Buy

arwilson80
12-12-07, 11:13 AM
Put your preference in the poll...

I'd assume that we'd need at least 5 of 1 type (or preferrably 10) before we can expect any discount at all.

I've put in 'Other' but i doubt we'd need it. ;)

Boot Hill Bandit
12-12-07, 11:16 AM
BMC for me.........I know I am a tight ******* but its all the same in my opinion.

Jim

StevieA ZS120
12-12-07, 11:17 AM
seen first hand wot it can do on kevs 180 and at half the price of the itg cant be all bad

chriszs180
12-12-07, 11:29 AM
bmc for me as well hope it can get set up soon as been meening to do this for so long...

stamford
12-12-07, 12:08 PM
Not voting as I already have the BMC, but that gets my vote having fitted both units in the last two years.

Boot Hill Bandit
12-12-07, 12:12 PM
Not voting as I already have the BMC, but that gets my vote having fitted both units in the last two years.

Dude can you correct the title please??

Gauging not guaging........sorry to be picky.......delete my post after if ya like ;)

Jim

Craig
12-12-07, 12:13 PM
would be BMC for me too

Maxfly
12-12-07, 12:20 PM
BMC ere also:)

Neil F
12-12-07, 12:21 PM
Hi,

blatant advert, but I can get the BMC stuff at discount if you need a supplier.

Cheers

Neil

Craig
12-12-07, 12:22 PM
Hi,

blatant advert, but I can get the BMC stuff at discount if you need a supplier.

Cheers

Neil

i can definately say thats the kind of advert we like Neil

arwilson80
12-12-07, 12:44 PM
Looks like BMC winning at the minute then... :)

...and that was a typo Jim. My bad. :p

stripey
12-12-07, 01:50 PM
I am just waiting for confirmation of whether I can get an ITG Maxogen at a discount through a friend of a guy at work so will wait to post my vote on the basis of the price quoted. If I get a decent price and he is willing to source some more I will let you know.

Greg

RalphG
12-12-07, 05:10 PM
If people are interested, I can do the Pipercross Viper kit for the 1.8 ZS/45/ZR/25 for £180 including VAT, but excluding delivery.

al_roverMG
12-12-07, 06:59 PM
I am interested in a CDA 85-150 to go onto mine as the ebay seller who i was buying from has let me down.

stamford
12-12-07, 07:30 PM
Surprised at no ITG votes, then again who can justify the cost?

Maxxed_Ross
12-12-07, 07:42 PM
because everyone knows the filter in the wing is the way forward!

mattie007
12-12-07, 07:55 PM
Would this fit the 120 or am I talking to the wrong crowd?

Boot Hill Bandit
12-12-07, 08:07 PM

It would I believe yes.......but Ralph has got a Viper Induction kit suited to the 1.8 at the garage. Was looking at it today as my Bro is thinking of getting one for his 45.

Jim

chriszs180
12-12-07, 08:16 PM

i have a viper if you would like it £70 and its yours
its from my 120 and sounded great was a good inprovement in responce as well but i put a 52mm tb on as well but sammy has that now..
was on for about 8 months just needs a clean up and will be like brand new i have the spray for the retention foam as well pm if you want..

Boot Hill Bandit
12-12-07, 08:19 PM
its from my 120 and sounded great was a good inprovement in responce as well but i put a 52mm tb on as well but sammy has that now..
was on for about 8 months just needs a clean up and will be like brand new i have the spray for the retention foam as well pm if you want..

Blimey! Thats a bargain for you Matt! lol

Nice when everyone is in the Christmas spirit! :D

Jim

shroonie29
12-12-07, 08:38 PM
ITG for me :) As soon as ya fit it ya know ya made the best choice ;)
Just re-read title oops I have one allready

Shroon

mattie007
12-12-07, 09:34 PM
It would I believe yes.......but Ralph has got a Viper Induction kit suited to the 1.8 at the garage. Was looking at it today as my Bro is thinking of getting one for his 45.

Jim

How much is it jim?

Is this the pipercross viper induction kit?

Boot Hill Bandit
12-12-07, 09:47 PM
How much is it jim?

erm as Ralph said...

If people are interested, I can do the Pipercross Viper kit for the 1.8 ZS/45/ZR/25 for £180 including VAT, but excluding delivery.

Jim

Southern Storm
12-12-07, 10:44 PM
Voted BMC as they look and sound awesome, least it does on my mates Octavia.

DeMoNPauL
13-12-07, 12:54 AM

Matt use your head and get a BMC then if later in life you get a 180 you will just have to transfer it over and will save alot of wonga.

Boot Hill Bandit
13-12-07, 08:41 AM
Matt use your head and get a BMC then if later in life you get a 180 you will just have to transfer it over and will save alot of wonga.

Thats very true.........and makes a lot of sense! Decisions, decisions! :hmmm:

Jim

chriszs180
13-12-07, 09:35 AM
How much is it jim?

Is this the pipercross viper induction kit?

yes it is mate will get pics later at the weekend

bigfella
14-12-07, 06:14 AM
BMC for me. When are we ordering!

arwilson80
14-12-07, 08:34 AM
BMC for me. When are we ordering!

If it all goes ahead i'd hope mid or end of Jan. That way people have got their Christmas money. :yay: But then again all the Christmas bills arrive that month. :(

Boot Hill Bandit
14-12-07, 09:38 AM
If it all goes ahead i'd hope mid or end of Jan. That way people have got their Christmas money. :yay: But then again all the Christmas bills arrive that month. :(

I'm not one for loading up the credit card as I hardly ever use it.........but surely this a must not miss opportunity if enough interest is shown! :D

Jim

arwilson80
14-12-07, 10:23 AM
but surely this a must not miss opportunity if enough interest is shown! :D

You bet-ya. ;)

Looks like there'll only be the BMC one at the moment - unless the place does both BMC & ITG and give the discount on a combined order. :)

I'll try and work something out in early Jan and keep y'all updated.

BTW - I've set the poll closing date as 1-Jan-08.

stripey
14-12-07, 10:58 AM
Don't forget that I may have a group purchase rate on the ITG for those that prefer this route ;) - I am just waiting for confirmation and then will post here :smart:.

ZS
14-12-07, 11:13 AM
If the price is right then I'd be interested in either :D

R8NMG
14-12-07, 11:32 AM
I currently have a BMC but in my heart I really want an ITG. I just prefer the bespoke fit of the ITG.

arwilson80
14-12-07, 11:43 AM
Don't forget that I may have a group purchase rate on the ITG for those that prefer this route ;) - I am just waiting for confirmation and then will post here :smart:.

Perfect...

I currently have a BMC but in my heart I really want an ITG. I just prefer the bespoke fit of the ITG.

This is why i ilke the ITG myself, but IMO it doesn't justify the extra £100+.:nugget:

garymar1983
14-12-07, 01:59 PM
i'll have a bmc if price is good!!!!

Venom
15-12-07, 06:05 PM
Has to be ITG for me. If it got the Xpower seal as a dealer mod then it cant be bad....

arwilson80
15-12-07, 09:42 PM
Wow... looks like it will be worthwhile looking into both. Better than i expected!

Venom
16-12-07, 02:23 AM
Wow... looks like it will be worthwhile looking into both. Better than i expected!

Would be nice, I've been looking into a ITG for a while now but if a group buy is possibly on the cards then I will wait instead of going out on my own and getting one

stripey
20-12-07, 03:06 PM
I should have a price for the ITG kit at a discount tomorrow - as soon as I have something I will post it here - watch this space... :look:

Craig
20-12-07, 04:01 PM
i voted bmc, but if the price for the itg was good i would go for that

RalphG
20-12-07, 04:47 PM
I've been doing some ringing around and I believe that I can get the BMC CDA kit for the ZS180 for around £150.00. This figure is based on 10 kits being sold. We still need to confirm this price and details with the supplier.

If we are to go ahead with this we would need a non-refundable deposit of £25 before we order them in.

Boot Hill Bandit
20-12-07, 04:58 PM
I've been doing some ringing around and I believe that I can get the BMC CDA kit for the ZS180 for around £150.00. This figure is based on 10 kits being sold. We still need to confirm this price and details with the supplier.

If we are to go ahead with this we would need a non-refundable deposit of £25 before we order them in.

Fingers crossed you can get that price confirmed Ralph. That's a price that suits me fine! :D

Will watch this space :)

Granville

Venom
20-12-07, 05:40 PM
I should have a price for the ITG kit at a discount tomorrow - as soon as I have something I will post it here - watch this space... :look:

Hopefuly it will be a good price, PTP are doing 1p shipping ATM....? Are we going to do a group buy on both kits or just the one?

Boot Hill Bandit
20-12-07, 05:45 PM

Ralph for the BMC and Stripey doing the ITG I think......I will just wait and see what happens.

Granville

DeMoNPauL
20-12-07, 07:12 PM

Ralph can i ask if that includes the bend,the straight coupler etc.

Make sure these parts are included - SAC09070K - SPV10070K

It retails at £175 with these parts included. - http://www.potn.co.uk/p1543147.htm

RalphG
20-12-07, 08:46 PM
I need to confirm what bits are included, but I believe that it includes the 85mm to 70mm adapter, connecting tube and inlet hose. When I have more information I will put up another post ;)

stripey
21-12-07, 07:56 AM
Bad news guys - the ITG kit is available but my supplier would need to buy 20 to obtain, and pass on any, 20% discount. But he would need to pay cash up front and he isn't in a position to do this.

It seems that this is standard terms with ITG :pirate: so if anyone (Ralph?) can afford to take this on then it may still be worth a look - saying that it's only going to reduce the price to ~£280 unless whoever arranges it decides to take a cut in margin?

Sorry about this guys & gals - but it does look like the BMC could be a good option at that price (£150) if all the bits are included.

Greg

Boot Hill Bandit
21-12-07, 08:07 AM
Bad news guys - the ITG kit is available but my supplier would need to buy 20 to obtain, and pass on any, 20% discount. But he would need to pay cash up front and he isn't in a position to do this.

It seems that this is standard terms with ITG :pirate: so if anyone (Ralph?) can afford to take this on then it may still be worth a look - saying that it's only going to reduce the price to ~£280 unless whoever arranges it decides to take a cut in margin?

Sorry about this guys & gals - but it does look like the BMC could be a good option at that price (£150) if all the bits are included.

Greg

Ralph should have some news about the BMC today so we shall see.

I had a feeling that the ITG would be difficult to get a discount on since it is a specific kit for the ZS unlike the BMC which is generic.

At least you tried dude ;) .

Only other suggestion would be to post the group buy up on XPF and any of the other forums.........might be wise to PM a mod first though to make sure they are happy with it....DeMoNPauL for example on XPF......

at least that was you may be able to get the 20 people you need.........as for costs........I am unsure how you would go about getting hold of the full monies....

Maybe holding the cheques until you have 20 people? then once you have those........PM the peeps.......cash them in......once cleared place the order and then go from there??? thats a huge ask in terms of trust from peeps but there aren't many options open to you :sad:

Granville

Venom
21-12-07, 08:33 AM
Good point, might be worth getting other forums involved? I have the money waiting for the ITG but then thats just 1 not 20 :smile2:

Boot Hill Bandit
21-12-07, 08:42 AM
Good point, might be worth getting other forums involved? I have the money waiting for the ITG but then thats just 1 not 20 :smile2:

The big problem still remaining for the ITG is that all the monies need to be upfront :sad: most of us will struggle to pay for our own induction system this time of year......

Someone will need to take charge of all the monies to make the purchase.....and Stripey has done all the legwork so it will be him.........will 20 people pay £280 to Stripey upfront??

Granville

RalphG
21-12-07, 09:16 AM
Since you asked... I can do the ITG kit for £323.13 plus postage for a single one for forum members. I'll have to speak to our supplier to see what I can do for multiple items.

Arkwright

arwilson80
21-12-07, 09:24 AM
At least you tried dude ;) .

...and that's what counts.

will 20 people pay £280 to Stripey upfront??

Somehow i doubt it, but not through any fault of Stripey. I have lost money through another forum :angry:, and i for one am now very reluctant to give any money to anyone unless they have an actual shop rather than soley on-line.

stripey
21-12-07, 11:09 AM
"Stripey Tried..."
...and that's what counts.

"Giving Stripey money..."

Somehow i doubt it, but not through any fault of Stripey. I have lost money through another forum :angry:, and i for one am now very reluctant to give any money to anyone unless they have an actual shop rather than soley on-line.

I have no problems with that - and I wouldn't feel comfortable holding people's hard earned money just in case I come a cropper and am not around any more.

Another possible way would be to make cheques payable to the supplier.

Ralph - I have been told that if you buy 20 ITG kits you get 20% off list price, standard terms from ITG so you may be in a better position to set this up and pass the saving on?

Let's keep this going and see whether we can get a deal on the ITG which is my kit of choice...

arwilson80
03-01-08, 09:55 AM
OK, I'm starting to look around at prices for both kits this week. Hopefully i will have a 'full set' by end of next.

Prices will all be + P&P as everyone is spread out around the country and what is cost effective for one may not be for the other so keeping the cost down for everyone. :)

I could get them all sent to me and distribute them that way, but as i'm on 'the outlying island' :p it's going to be expensive to get them here and then to post them back :( so i think the sensible thing would just be to post them straight from the 'supplier'.... Anyone any other suggestions? :hmmm:

PS - If anyone wants to post it on another forum to get a few more people and maybe a lower price then feel free as i'm seldom on anywhere other than here. :) The point i would put out though is that i'm not sure what extra effort that would bring in trying to co-ordinate numbers...

Boot Hill Bandit
03-01-08, 04:48 PM
OK, I'm starting to look around at prices for both kits this week. Hopefully i will have a 'full set' by end of next.

Prices will all be + P&P as everyone is spread out around the country and what is cost effective for one may not be for the other so keeping the cost down for everyone. :)

I could get them all sent to me and distribute them that way, but as i'm on 'the outlying island' :p it's going to be expensive to get them here and then to post them back :( so i think the sensible thing would just be to post them straight from the 'supplier'.... Anyone any other suggestions? :hmmm:

PS - If anyone wants to post it on another forum to get a few more people and maybe a lower price then feel free as i'm seldom on anywhere other than here. :) The point i would put out though is that i'm not sure what extra effort that would bring in trying to co-ordinate numbers...

I think if you can hold on a while.......Arkwright is working on a 'complete' and 'professional' ready to go BMC induction set up...I won't say anymore as it is not my place to do so......but thought it worth mentioning before you go too far with your research ;)

Jim

RalphG
03-01-08, 04:51 PM
I have managed to get a good price for the standard ZS180 set up that attaches to the existing rubber hose. I need to do some work to see if they will supply just the CDA box and CAF so that I can then get a decent throttle body to filter hose made up. Watch this space... []

Boot Hill Bandit
03-01-08, 05:45 PM
I have managed to get a good price for the standard ZS180 set up that attaches to the existing rubber hose. I need to do some work to see if they will supply just the CDA box and CAF so that I can then get a decent throttle body to filter hose made up. Watch this space... []

*watches* :pirate2:

Jim

arwilson80
03-01-08, 09:33 PM
*watches* :pirate2:

Jim

+1

stripey
04-01-08, 06:09 PM
Me too - watching... :cylon:

Unfortunately I didn't make any progress with a price for the ITG kit before I left my last job and have been stuck in to things at the new place this week - I will follow it up but don't think that it will work unless we have money up front.

Arkwright - have you seen the silicone hose that they managed to sort on XPF? There may be some mileage in getting a number of these made up.

Am I right in thinking that if this silicone hose replaces the existing one then the kit is pretty much the same as the ITG? I would think that the response would also be better at lower revs because of the cleaner air flow?

RalphG
04-01-08, 07:33 PM
This is the kind of set up that I am looking to sell. The final price will depend on the cost of getting a limited run of the custom hoses made.

I have seen the design on XPower forums. My design is slightly different...

stripey
04-01-08, 09:08 PM
Nice one Ralph - as long as it works it doesn't matter who's design it is and I am sure you have your finger on the pulse, from this thread there's a fair few that will go for the BMC at the right price and I look forward to hearing what it is...

shroonie29
04-01-08, 09:37 PM
ITG for sale £280 (http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showthread.php?t=40940) if ya in a hurry for one

Shroon

stripey
05-01-08, 06:52 PM
Cheers Shroonie - must say that I think £280 is a bit steep for a used kit when we have the potential from Arkwright for a customised BMC that should be around the same set up for hopefully much less money.

arwilson80
07-01-08, 10:48 AM
OK, the lastest news i have on this is (still waiting on 1 or 2 prices back):

316.08 + P&P for the ITG
150.00 + P&P for the BMC (need 10+)

...and we will wait for Ralph's update on the BMC with custom pipe. :)

When i get all the final prices back i will arrange how how to work the P&P. Possibly 'direct shipping' as there's no point paying the courier charges to N.I (as they are generally high) and then shipping them back to you all.

arwilson80
11-01-08, 09:35 PM
Latest price on the ITG is £300 for 10+, £285 for 20+. Postage would be on top. (Credit Card payments subject an additional 3% charge)

DeMoNPauL
12-01-08, 12:46 AM
This is the kind of set up that I am looking to sell. The final price will depend on the cost of getting a limited run of the custom hoses made.

I have seen the design on XPower forums. My design is slightly different...

Ralph i cant see how it can be different apart from in size.

The one you mention was made specifically oversized so you could adapt it for a mk1 or a mk2.

Its a pity someone dint follow through with them.

I am still interested to see what exactly you come up with.

Mainly because the £80-£90 itg one is blatantly a Rip off.

RalphG
19-01-08, 09:50 AM
Right, I now have a price for the standard ZS180 BMC CDA kit. Based on a group buy of 10, I can sell these for £150 plus p&p.

The cost of the special hose is still to be investigated. When we find this out, this will be added onto the above kit to get the final price.

Maxfly
19-01-08, 10:18 AM
Right, I now have a price for the standard ZS180 BMC CDA kit. Based on a group buy of 10, I can sell these for £150 plus p&p.

The cost of the special hose is still to be investigated. When we find this out, this will be added onto the above kit to get the final price.

nice one fella, hope this comes up quick have got some money saved now so needing to buy summat:D This, kev's vis kit and a nice back box are the plans:)

arwilson80
21-01-08, 10:51 AM
Guys, another update on this...

Richard over at PTP called me today and has said that they have successfully fitted an ITG to the 1.8 ZS... so that means that all you folks with the 4 pot engines can now have a kit the same as the 180. :)

Here is the article - http://www.ptp-ltd.co.uk/News.aspx

If anyone is interested in this then list your name below (1.8 kit only) to see whether or not it is worthwhile looking into this also.

arwilson80
21-01-08, 10:55 AM
Summary of prices so far is:

ITG kit for the 180 - £300 + P&P - Intelligent Tuning
ITG kit for the 1.8 engine ZS' - Will look into it if there is enough interest
BMC kit (110, 120, & 180) - £150 + P&P (based on 10+) - EMS Ltd
Custom BMC with 'ITG' pipe - £??? - EMS Ltd still looking into it

bigfella
21-01-08, 08:32 PM
Sounds interesting. Will be good to see what EMS come up with.

arwilson80
29-01-08, 10:03 AM
OK folks... I am going to ring Intelligent Tuning & EMS some time today or tomorrow morning (as i want to get it sorted before i go away) and get the finer details sorted out for how to buy these.

I'll update you all as soon as it's decided on the best way forward. :)

bigfella
29-01-08, 05:54 PM
Hey, did you manage to call them?

arwilson80
29-01-08, 09:45 PM
Aye... there is a new thread containing all the details. :)

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=2861