PDA

View Full Version : Have a ZR and wants a ZS

primer mg
01-10-12, 06:50 PM
Hiya guys. Recently joint the zs forums and im on zr forum. Recently reviewed the zs 180 and they say they are Superb! Could any on here give feedback, advice? Thanks. Josh Etc?

Jay-ZS+
01-10-12, 06:53 PM
Recently reviewed the zs 180 and they say they are Superb!

They were right, not much else to say :D

Smokey
01-10-12, 07:02 PM
I've had 5. Enough said.

POMPSKI
01-10-12, 07:15 PM
The only other car I would own is the V8 :)

Noobrider
01-10-12, 07:15 PM
On my 1st 180 although not my first ZS. The ZS handle better but when you put a V6 in it magical things happen......

Craig-ZS180
01-10-12, 07:16 PM
I agree, they are superb cars and are really underestimated by people who are either against the MG marque or haven't driven one.
Mine is not the most powerful or quickest car I've ever owned but out of all of the cars it's the one that makes me smile everyone I go for a drive.
It's just so driveable and fun, granted there is room for improvement on a completely stock one but for value for money these cars are superb.
I've had a few cars along side the 180 as in to look to sell it in the past but it has always been the replacement that ends up back up for sale as I miss the zs too much.
Really is a great car imo :)

big_wasa
01-10-12, 07:21 PM
I am on my third 180

talkingcars
01-10-12, 07:25 PM
Hi and welcome.

I have a 180 and my wife has a 160 so I drive both regularly.

The ZS is better built than the ZR, rides better and once rolling the ZS180 is quicker than the ZR160.

James

daytona365
01-10-12, 07:33 PM
The ZS, especially in 180 form is "magical"...............

Dan1971
01-10-12, 07:35 PM
Had a few - always had a good rationale for changing and always ended coming back from newer cars.

Pound for pound I doubt there's a better value car out there and with the forums, a great community spirit to keep you on the road.

In brief -
Diesels - 100 or 115bhp are good - great mpg and tuneable for peanuts. I tuned mine to 150bhp for about £200 and it still did 40+mpg.
Petrol 110 and 120s are the K series 4 cylinder. I haven't owned one personally but apparently have a decent turn of pace and quite cheap to run. Some say it handles better because it's lighter than the others.
Petrol 180 is the KV6 and flagship. Grunt and torque and with some basic mods - good for about 190bhp+ with a beautiful engine note to go along with it. Anything over 200bhp will cost you. As with any V6 though, a bit juicy and more expensive on the tax and insurance.

Buyer tips are on here of you go looking seriously. To cap it all - both hatch and saloon are very practical family cars ..... Go drive one mate - you'll love it.

Nobrainer
01-10-12, 08:08 PM
Had 2 180s. Since February!

stamford
01-10-12, 08:17 PM
Not being biased or anything :laugh: but I've only had one ZS180.......................................howeve r I have had this nearly 8 years so that tells you something and I have had as many cars as Dan, well nearly ;)

Great cars, good fun and cheap to buy and run compared to similar cars plus this community will keep you on the road and will help retain your sanity. :D

theboynoz
01-10-12, 08:20 PM
Had a few - always had a good rationale for changing and always ended coming back from newer cars.

Pound for pound I doubt there's a better value car out there and with the forums, a great community spirit to keep you on the road.

In brief -
Diesels - 100 or 115bhp are good - great mpg and tuneable for peanuts. I tuned mine to 150bhp for about £200 and it still did 40+mpg.
Petrol 110 and 120s are the K series 4 cylinder. I haven't owned one personally but apparently have a decent turn of pace and quite cheap to run. Some say it handles better because it's lighter than the others.
Petrol 180 is the KV6 and flagship. Grunt and torque and with some basic mods - good for about 190bhp+ with a beautiful engine note to go along with it. Anything over 200bhp will cost you. As with any V6 though, a bit juicy and more expensive on the tax and insurance.

Buyer tips are on here of you go looking seriously. To cap it all - both hatch and saloon are very practical family cars ..... Go drive one mate - you'll love it.

To add, if I may, each time I think about selling the Zed (120+) I drive it and forget about going to the dealer I was supposed to head for! As for the turn of pace, I kept up with a moddified Golf GT TDi not long back and since then I have fixed the issues preventing me from driving fast LMAO. On a track of course....

The only car I have seriously considered changing for is the V6, the ZS' are one of the best cars I have driven all round, and I have had a few and driven shed loads!

The community we have hear is great, everyone helps with advice, and there is a vast knowledge base here too! Not that the ZS community doesn't have that, I had a great laugh with you guys at the Harrogate meet/show, but I think i'd stick with the ZS at the end of the day Lol

waynester
02-10-12, 03:43 AM
Can only agree with what has already been said, the 180 is just superb value for the handling & V6 engine!
Yes we own V6's so could be considered biased, but...without blowing sunshine up your ***, they really are that good. Assuming you get a good one, there are still dogs out there, the same as any marques.

Try one & report back. :)

MR TWO
29-10-12, 10:26 PM
Just my opinion Got my zs180 recently came from a SW20 1996 2.0 mr2 (175hp 0-60 in 7.5 secconds). i have to say i wish i got a mr2 turbo. (242 hp as standard 0-60 5.5 secconds)

the zs feels tighter somehow. but i miss the way mid engine changes direction. the Zs torque comes in handy for normal driving when you dont want to rag it. but when you feel a 300hp+ modded jap car boost its somthing elce!

fuel consumption is also stinging me at the moment :judge: this is the MAJOR downside of the zs 180 over the zr 160!