PDA

View Full Version : ive seen the light again!!

andy-81
03-10-12, 11:34 PM
Well i have really hated the zed over the past few weeks due to one fault after another which is why i havent been on as much, nothing personal ive just been flogging my self silly trying to get the money together to repair it first off the power steering pump collapsed which whilst self destructing sent small bits of debris into the rack, so that was 72 quid plus vat for a recon one 110 quid for the rack and 5 quid for the belt, so 187 quid later and a days graft its fixed so next day theres a funny noise coming from near my feet so i thought id wait for a day off then check it out seemed to be a worn thrust bearing or so i thought then after a few hours working i heard a small metallic thud and the car was stuck in fourth.

so after a mate who kindly came and recovered me with his tractor it turned out to be a buggered gearbox :(

So another 60 quid later for a box and 40 quid for a new clutch i'm happy again i wouldnt mind so much but the clutch that was in was only 5 months old!

So now after a week of driving on egg shells ive finally relaxed and started to enjoy it again!!

Lukeus101
03-10-12, 11:40 PM
Tbh mate thats cheap but i completely understand the whole falling out of love thing. Its part of the joys of owning a MG. Glad its ok now :)

Maxfly
04-10-12, 05:22 AM
pain in the arse mate but thats good prices for getting her roadworthy again! Hopefully the zs will behave now:)

stamford
04-10-12, 07:43 AM
I know how you feel, been there myself and no doubt will again, that's the love affair with the zed we have! :D

peterzs
04-10-12, 09:17 AM
Lucky you can sort out all the probs, well done on that, heard them scrapped for less!!!

Hope you get trouble free motoring for a long time.

:wave::wave::wave:

Enright
04-10-12, 09:39 AM
It's a pain in the bum, but £100 for a clutch and gearbox? Absolute bargain! I can't think of any other similar aged make that could you get that job done for that price.
And at least it went before the really bad weather sets in. Nothing worse than lying on your back in the dark and the rain, knowing that you've GOT to fix the car to be able to use it to get you to work tomorrow.
Hopefully at least get you through the Winter now.

zsserbia
04-10-12, 09:45 AM
Glad to hear it all went well after all, the result is all that matters in the end. I wish you a lot of trouble free motoring!

Smokey
04-10-12, 10:16 AM
Mine still isn't 100% the way I want it yet but I keep going :)

daytona365
05-10-12, 07:49 PM
There is something about the ZS, even when its giving you grief, you look at it and think " what a great car" and you know that you will want to sort out any probs it has.

andys1981
05-10-12, 07:59 PM
if mgs were built to last/not have problems where would we be,although ive had next to no problems with my zr,my first zs was great aswell,my second one is still from perfect,still have a few things to sort like the back breaks,and this coolant issue,still wont/cant give up,took me two years to get my arse back in one,thats why i keep goin mate,least you got to the bottom of your problems with the car mate

theboynoz
05-10-12, 09:14 PM
Lucky you can sort out all the probs, well done on that, heard them scrapped for less!!!

Mine came close, and TBH it still needs more money spending on it than it is worth, but at the end of the day I get in and drive to work and then think how can I sell or scrap a car that makes me smile like this!

Still need a new exhaust part and ARB's plus the bushes/mounts....then a new rear caliper.....etc etc, but i am gonna do it, whereas all my old cars i'd just leave or sell on long before now.... Odd that a MG like this, not even a classic one, can grab me in such a way! :)

Plus I also have about a weeks worth of Wheeler Dealers to go through to give me more inspiration!

peterzs
05-10-12, 09:35 PM
Love to know if Ed does all the spanner work himself, or they have a load of mechanics giving him a hand.

Always makes it look so easy.

BUCKYDEVIL
05-10-12, 10:52 PM
Im also getting to the stage of calling it quits, then take a step back drive the works vans, wifes Aygo,dads fiesta then it all falls into place what real driving is supposed to feel like.
Love the ZS and love that I know it cost a fraction of these other cars,,