PDA

View Full Version : Time to say good bye

scotttait
10-10-12, 06:28 PM
Right after having my 180 for a year and a half it's time to say goodbye. My second baby is due in the next month so I have a new car in mind so my 180 is going to be on the bay of e at the weekend :-(. How do I go about listing on here, I know I need to pay fees but how do I do it?

grimmy
10-10-12, 06:33 PM
http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?p=255232#post255232

scotttait
10-10-12, 06:34 PM
Thank you

grimmy
10-10-12, 06:36 PM
No probs good luck with the sale and the baby.

stamford
10-10-12, 07:01 PM
What have you got lined up, anything nice?

When we were having our first baby the missus wasn't driving back then and I had a Vauxhall Magnum coupe with a Blydenstein 2300 race spec engine. Needless to say she said we need a hatchback and not a 2 door coupe! I said a hatchback then? Yep she said, so I bought the HSX Chevette 2300 16v twin cam! :laugh: she was not that impressed but I was! Fastest baby in Portsmouth I reckon during that time.

Good luck when the time comes.

andys1981
10-10-12, 07:12 PM
good luck with the sale scott,all the best for when baby no 2 arrives

scotttait
10-10-12, 07:29 PM
Thank you, nothing special in mind unfortunately, looking at a scenic rx4, 4x4, loads of room and a big boot for buggy and my Akita whenever needed, just for a couple years till baby is a toddlers, or until I save enough dosh to buy something fun again, I have to admit the 180 is my favourite car I have ever owned, sad to see it go! I will be back. I promise

peterzs
10-10-12, 07:51 PM
Shame its got to go, specially one in the right colour.

Hope you get a quick sale, and all the best when the baby arrives.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

talkingcars
10-10-12, 08:56 PM
Good luck with the little one but do you really need to change cars?

We managed with 3 young kids, 2 in baby seats and i on a booster seat, in a mk2 fiesta, even went on holiday in it. The ZS is a much bigger car and has a massive boot, more usable space than we had in a montego, an espace or the range rover when we had 5 youngsters.

Dan1971
11-10-12, 06:21 AM
All the best with both mate - stick around though.....

stamford
11-10-12, 07:34 AM
I'm sure alot of us have been there before and sacrificed a nice car for the sake of a growing family. Sometimes it makes a change to get something sensible for a while, then when they get older you can re-live your youth again ;)

peterzs
11-10-12, 09:58 AM
Sounds like me, Stamford, family comes first, even it did take Chris passing out trying to get into the MG Midget, when she was 8 months preggers. She had hit her funny bone!!!

Remember my Mum and Dad shouting at me to get a "proper car", worked, as I went out and bought a ex DER, Ford Anglia estate car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The thought of sitting in the MG midget, "thinking, what do you do now", still there!!!

Must admit I kept the Midget as well.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: