PDA

View Full Version : few more mods on my road zs

redzed
18-10-12, 02:40 PM
added a few more mods to my road going zs which is now becoming more and more track focused. seats are out and ive carpeted the rear. loving the scangauge though as its a really useful add on.

WalkerDnB
18-10-12, 02:44 PM
scangauge! I'm jealous
carpeting in the rear looks really smart mate

peterzs
18-10-12, 02:49 PM
Looking good, soon have as many track cars as road going std cars.

Have fun.

Can see a track meet coming up.

;););)

Cally180
18-10-12, 04:32 PM
looking good, liking the carpet in the back, reminds me of my old Corsa Van with rear strut. :)

talkingcars
18-10-12, 05:23 PM
Looks good.

I've cut a grove in the top of my steering column cover so my scan gauge sits down a little.

I notice you have an inlet temp of 43', what sort of temp does it normally run at?

Also how do you get 28mpg? I never see much over 20 except on a long run where I can get it up to 30+, bet you've got the upto date version which has UK gallons.

WalkerDnB
18-10-12, 05:29 PM
I notice you have an inlet temp of 43', what sort of temp does it normally run at?

Please don't say that's high lol I've seen much higher than that :s

Maxxed_Ross
18-10-12, 05:29 PM
mine is still in US gallons, so I never bothered with the MPG aspect of it

The rear looks really good flat like that!

stamford
18-10-12, 05:39 PM
Looks nifty carpeted, just as well it's a hatch then!

peterzs
18-10-12, 05:44 PM
One thing I learnt taking ZS's, ZS to bits is that on the saloon the bracing behind the rear seats is only bolted in. Not as I thought it would be, welded.

So in theory you could have as much clear width at the back as a hatch back.

talkingcars
18-10-12, 05:53 PM
Please don't say that's high lol I've seen much higher than that :s

I was queing in traffic for 45 minutes yesterday after a 30 minute 70mph run, mine got up to 69' but didn't go higher for the last 20 minutes before I stopped.

WalkerDnB
18-10-12, 05:56 PM
I was queing in traffic for 45 minutes yesterday after a 30 minute 70mph run, mine got up to 69' but didn't go higher for the last 20 minutes before I stopped.

I saw about 67 on a very hot day
open cone right behind the rad isnt the best setup will change it soon will move the cone out the way of the rad :)

talkingcars
18-10-12, 06:04 PM
I moved my battery to the boot and sited my BMC CDA where it had been with the inlet just by the hole between the chassis rail and the inner wing, it made a massive difference so now when driving the inlet temp never goes more than 5' over the ambiant tempreture, even when it was hitting 30' in the shade in Spain in the summer.

redzed
18-10-12, 09:43 PM
Looks good.

I've cut a grove in the top of my steering column cover so my scan gauge sits down a little.

Also how do you get 28mpg? I never see much over 20 except on a long run where I can get it up to 30+, bet you've got the upto date version which has UK gallons.

ive cut a section out of it to so its sits neat and looks more like factory standard. Air intake its on a standard zs one and im doing some checks and then putting the itg back in to test the difference in temperature. I got over 35 mpg the other day using high octane fuel and ive fitted a magnet to the fuel line to test that too

talkingcars
18-10-12, 10:08 PM
It'll be interesting to compare inlet temps with my findings.