PDA

View Full Version : Todays work - Bumper - (Again)

Dan1971
02-11-12, 02:59 PM
Parked a little too close to the grass verge about 2 weeks ago and since then the Red Shed has been looking very sorry for itself and rather "Limp" shall we say - I reversed out to see the bumper lying on the road ! Turns out that the factory splitter wasn't fixed properly to the actual bumper, just stuck on with adhesive. Sorted that with a few bolts now -

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii58/danlaualex/Bumper002.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii58/danlaualex/Bumper001.jpg

Popped to Halfords and bought this little lot - all apart from the tool box and the mug - to help with bits and pieces and future work - £41 - Bargain.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii58/danlaualex/Bumper003.jpg

While I had the bumper off, decided to spray up both sets of grills black to code in with the rest - Quite chuffed with the end result -

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii58/danlaualex/Bumper013.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii58/danlaualex/Bumper011.jpg

petet16
02-11-12, 03:17 PM
Looks good.
That's the same trolley jack that I've got, it's stood up well to plenty of use.

Dan1971
02-11-12, 03:22 PM
Cheers - Looks like a decent bit of kit. Came with the axle stands, chuks, foot pump, digital pressure guage and the slide - to be honest the boys preferred the slide - I was happier on a matt and lower down.

I did find that I'm missing the plastic joining part from the bottom of the airbox (and I think the resonator box ?) - so an induction kit might feature on the Christmas list.....

ZS
02-11-12, 03:23 PM
Similar to the one I have, although my first version of that trolly jack no longer lifts more that a few inches... I think it need "regassing" or something :)

Looking good Dan, at least it didn't cause much damage!

stamford
02-11-12, 03:36 PM
Is that the same zed Dan? Looks ace mate :thumbsup:

Dan1971
02-11-12, 03:38 PM
Cheers guys -

Sam - What's the score with those lowering springs and don't suppose you have the plastic bit of joining pipework for the airbox lieing around do you ?

Yep - same car Mick - couple more bits in mind ;)

ZS
02-11-12, 03:45 PM
Cheers guys -

Sam - What's the score with those lowering springs and don't suppose you have the plastic bit of joining pipework for the airbox lieing around do you ?

Yep - same car Mick - couple more bits in mind ;)

The lowering springs are totally my fault, been busy and not got round to fitting them to the shocks :) - which TBH will not take long at all.

Now the engine is out the way I have more space in the garage to play as well... Dan, bug me (when I am at home preferably) about them! it will remind me and then I will go and get pictures etc lol

Dan1971
02-11-12, 03:54 PM
No worries Sam - I'm in no rush - Just bear me inmind as and when you get round to it....

talkingcars
02-11-12, 04:40 PM
Looking good Dan, soon won't be able to call it the red shed!

Similar to the one I have, although my first version of that trolly jack no longer lifts more that a few inches... I think it need "regassing" or something :)

Looking good Dan, at least it didn't cause much damage!

It's easy to re-oil the ram, I did mine about 5 years after I bought it and it lasted another 10 at least until other bits started falling off.

I paid £19.99 for it back in 1990, just bought an identicle replacment from Lidl for £19.95 - hows that for inflation.

POMPSKI
02-11-12, 04:42 PM
Looks superb Dan, great work

Dave

ZS Phil
02-11-12, 05:11 PM
Looks great :D

Dan1971
02-11-12, 05:23 PM
Cheers all -

It'll always be the Red Shed ..... Until when in a while she turns a different colour ..... ;)

petet16
02-11-12, 05:25 PM
Cheers all -

It'll always be the Red Shed ..... Until when in a while she turns a different colour ..... ;)

Yellow:fishing:

grimmy
02-11-12, 05:58 PM
Cheers all -

Purple?
In all seriousness the car is looking great Dan.

zsserbia
02-11-12, 06:49 PM
Looking good.

andys1981
02-11-12, 07:08 PM
looking great dan,must admit starting to like the zeds in red,if looked after they look great

M17TT180
02-11-12, 08:01 PM
I have that jack too came with the axel stands, had it about 6 years ever since I had my mk6 fiesta up on its ford jack and it broke, lucky I hadn't taken the wheel off before it dropped.

Dan1971
02-11-12, 09:18 PM
Hee hee ....

Two colours - yellow/purple - it certainly will not be going ... !!!

M100LSN - ZS
04-11-12, 12:01 AM
The zs is looking good, mine is a red one and liking some of your ideas lol.

I've got a spare zs in the garden ive been stripping for mine so what is it your after and ill see if it has one on?

Dan1971
04-11-12, 07:55 AM
The zs is looking good, mine is a red one and liking some of your ideas lol.

I've got a spare zs in the garden ive been stripping for mine so what is it your after and ill see if it has one on?

Cheers - there's a small bit of plastic tube that connects the bottom of the airbox across to what I think is the resonator ... That's the bit that's missing - but I think I'll just get some tubing and clip it in place.