PDA

View Full Version : Curious!!!!!!!!!

M100LSN - ZS
04-11-12, 09:53 AM
Has everyone on here done something to their mg's?

i own a red mg zs, 2001 model, 154520 miles!!!!!
I've had alot of issues with it but stuck it out cos i love it.

The mod's ive done...........

Bumper, alloys, spoiler, interior, panel filter, exhaust, lowering springs and after the second head gasket going i got the engine all rebuilt and messed with and its a different car now ;-D

I was just wondering what other things people have done to theirs to improve things??

Also what tyres ppl use, because i swore by the bf goodrichs as my car stuck to the roads no matter what and wore very well, but now they no longer make that size and im struggling to find anything as good!!!!!!

thanks in advance lol.

peterzs
04-11-12, 10:04 AM
I've got a derv, so not much help with the mods.

I've got Hankooks Evo 12's seem good tyres, grip well and wear well.

:-D

ZS
04-11-12, 10:11 AM
I assume yours is the 120 from the HGF comment :)

I've worked on (and rebuilt) a few of them... although not really modified a 120 much - modified a few 180's though :)

WalkerDnB
04-11-12, 10:38 AM
I've got a derv, so not much help with the mods.

I've got Hankooks Evo 12's seem good tyres, grip well and wear well.

:-D

modding dervs is brilliant much easier to get power out of than the equivalent petrol engines because there all turbo'd :)

stamford
04-11-12, 11:41 AM
When the modding starts there is no stopping it! :laugh:

Over the years I have done a de-cat, cat back Janspeed exhaust, BMC CDA induction, AVO coilovers, remapped, lightened flywheel etc. It was stripped out with buckets for track use but my bad back meant I put the original interior back in for comfort! Sitting on 18s and Falken 452s.

Dav
04-11-12, 12:22 PM
The Avon ZZ3's that mine came with were the shizzle, put on some Kuhmo Ecsta's on after that and found they weren't quite as good.

peterzs
04-11-12, 02:23 PM
modding dervs is brilliant much easier to get power out of than the equivalent petrol engines because there all turbo'd :)

some sat 159 bhp and 236 ft/lbs torque aint bad.

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

red robbo
04-11-12, 06:45 PM
Facelift 180:-
Auto-dim (electro-chromatic) rear view mirror
Grey Monaco heated seats
Citroën Xsara windscreen washer fan jets
Longlife Duplex exhaust
OEM rear parking aid
Rear electric windows
Inner wing induction kit.
Undersealing of car with 3M Shutz.

daytona365
04-11-12, 07:09 PM
I have had mine 2 years, and wouldnt say Ive modified it at all. Its had a catch tank fitted, and a cone filter. Hardly mods, more amendments to oe. Apart from that just tonnes of love and affection.
As for tyres im running Falkens and they are pretty good.......

I just love him the way he is................YELLOW and fast.

LozMachine
04-11-12, 07:50 PM
Has everyone on here done something to their mg's?

i own a red mg zs, 2001 model, 154520 miles!!!!!
I've had alot of issues with it but stuck it out cos i love it.

The mod's ive done...........

Bumper, alloys, spoiler, interior, panel filter, exhaust, lowering springs and after the second head gasket going i got the engine all rebuilt and messed with and its a different car now ;-D

I was just wondering what other things people have done to theirs to improve things??

Also what tyres ppl use, because i swore by the bf goodrichs as my car stuck to the roads no matter what and wore very well, but now they no longer make that size and im struggling to find anything as good!!!!!!

thanks in advance lol.

Wasn't you i saw out on the A66 today was it?

p_b82
04-11-12, 07:55 PM
i have a few mods on mine and one of the few to have multiple HGF on a diesel :laugh:

You should be able to still get the BFGoodriches in 205/45/17 as that is what i use on mine most the time.

I tried T1-R's but did not like the feel of them - but the grip was good...

currently got 2 good pirelli's (as well as the BFG's) on as i got them for a price i could not turn down!

talkingcars
04-11-12, 08:25 PM
I have had Avon ZZ3's for several years, highly recomended.

I moved the battery to the boot so I could instal a BMC CDA induction there with a cold air feed from the inner wing, has made a huge difference to inlet tempretures.

Exhaust has been taken care of with a Powerflow Duplex system and seperate decat.

For stopping I've groved front discs, O/E rears and yellowstuff EBC pads all round.

The usual Sheddist kit helps with gear changes.

Lights are R45 Headlights and etech spray tinted rears.

Sounds are care of a Kenwood KDC-DAB41U (with BT & DAB & iPod controls) and a 10 disc changer suplimented by a SPL-X 400w bass box (2 x 8" subs) powered by a Shark V3 400 watt Amp. The roof whip is a longer R45 item to give better reception as does the DAB/FM splitter.

The knobbly R45 steering wheel has audio controls.

Seating is mk2 Gunsmoke Alcantara, fronts have early mk1 rears with map pockets and 2 setting heater pads.

Interior lighting is from an MGF mirror, Honda accord main light and a Rover 820 in the back.

The bonnet is held up with carbon fibre bonnet struts and there is a carbon fibre engine cover.

Finally there are a pair of Aero VU wipers.

I am currently working on O/E cruise control, mk2 climate control in a mk1 dash.

Future plans are LPG and lightened flywheel and LSD diff.

M100LSN - ZS
07-11-12, 03:39 PM
Not unless someone nicked my car, as I was at work.

M100LSN - ZS
07-11-12, 03:41 PM
Lots to think about for me then, lol