PDA

View Full Version : What does the wife/Mrs think

Steven11
09-11-12, 08:34 PM
My wife currently drives a 57 plate Fiat Bravo 1.4 Special Edition and she absolutly loves it.

Every time we go anywhere together obviously i drive and all she does the whole time is tear my poor Zed to shreds. She moans its to noisy inside, unacceptably bumpy, the steering is far to heavy, the sounds are s#*t, the seats are uncomfortable. basically she hates it and refuses to drive it unless she really has to. She has been moaning at me to get rid of it for years but i refuse, in 7 years ifs only broke down once and it was a coil that went. £25 and it was fixed, and believe it or not it's had 4 Mot's and never had so much as 1 advisors. its been unbelievably reliable, i just love it

Cant understand why she hates it so much, just wondered what all the other wifes/partners thought ?

Lukeus101
09-11-12, 08:36 PM
My other half has a Focus ST, and she also shares the same attitude of your partner. Mine is stupidly loud, uncomfortable by my god is it more fun to drive! The ST is fast but Id take my Zed anyday.

talkingcars
09-11-12, 09:01 PM
Mrs TC prefers her ZR160 with its noisy Janspeed over my ZS with it's mid sport powerflow but she'd normally rather go in the ZS.....

because it means I'll be driving.

KevG
09-11-12, 09:02 PM
Snap, my wife drives a 09 Vauxhall Astra 1.6 Sports-hatch, she doesnt drive my car unless she really has too, but would opt to walk instead, if her car was in for a service or something!

ZS
09-11-12, 09:05 PM
My mrs thinks that... oh wait, I don't have a mrs!

There are some advantages to being single!! :punk::punk:

My two kids, however, absolutely love the ZS and would rather go for a ride in my car than any other :)

WalkerDnB
09-11-12, 09:09 PM
My girlfriend dosent care weather Im driving the Repmobile or the zed as long as she gets a free lift lmao
maybe its only once you marry them they start moaning about the cars lol

Dave
09-11-12, 09:16 PM
My wife prefers the ZS over my Modded R25.

The monaco seats in the R25 are a little too tight fitting for her, but the ones in the ZS are much more comfortable for both of us.

Overall, the ZS is preferred.

Cheers
Dave

talkingcars
09-11-12, 09:17 PM
Snap, my wife drives a 09 Vauxhall Astra 1.6 Sports-hatch, she doesnt drive my car unless she really has too, but would opt to walk instead, if her car was in for a service or something!

Mrs TC would use her MGF, at least I let her think it's hers. :punk:

daytona365
09-11-12, 09:36 PM
My mrs thinks that... oh wait, I don't have a mrs!

There are some advantages to being single!! :punk::punk:

My two kids, however, absolutely love the ZS and would rather go for a ride in my car than any other :)

Snap. My kids love it, and my ex, all she said when she first saw it was " its a bit yellow"

slightly off subject. My mum LOVES IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zsserbia
09-11-12, 09:40 PM
My Mrs never got used to cornering, late braking and uphill accelerating, things which driver wouldn't normally notice in everyday driving makes her feel kind of dizzy. She loves it on the motorway though...

My 4 year old son, on the contrary, loves it to bits.

tb steve
09-11-12, 09:41 PM
mine also doe's not like the zs (well the last time she was in it haha ) but then again she has never driven it she only has an auto licence lol
too fast too loud

zsserbia
09-11-12, 09:56 PM
Mine's just an std derv, but recently I found out what she meant when I had a ride on a backseat of an Evo X. Felt dizzy, no question about it. But, when behind the wheel physics are completely different and let you enjoy.

Ippon
09-11-12, 10:05 PM
We currently have an S-Max (for ferrying the 4 kids abart) and a C1 (60 mpg) ..... WHY do you want to swap the C1 for an old banger !!!! ..... erm .... cos I can't get me and the kids in the C1, if you have the S-Max darling .......... and after our easter trip to Snetterton when he sat in the MG ZRs in the open pit ,,, my 9 year lad is desperate for an MG

littlened
09-11-12, 10:15 PM
My Mrs mostly drives our 2011 2.0 diesel Astra. In comparison she thinks both my MGs are old heaps of sh1t.

grimmy
09-11-12, 10:42 PM
My wife currently drives a 57 plate Fiat Bravo 1.4 Special Edition and she absolutly loves it.

Every time we go anywhere together obviously i drive and all she does the whole time is tear my poor Zed to shreds. She moans its to noisy inside, unacceptably bumpy, the steering is far to heavy, the sounds are s#*t, the seats are uncomfortable. basically she hates it and refuses to drive it unless she really has to. She has been moaning at me to get rid of it for years but i refuse, in 7 years ifs only broke down once and it was a coil that went. £25 and it was fixed, and believe it or not it's had 4 Mot's and never had so much as 1 advisors. its been unbelievably reliable, i just love it

Cant understand why she hates it so much, just wondered what all the other wifes/partners thought ?

Never mind trading the zs .trade her in. my wife actively encourages me to spend money on my 180.

Nobrainer
09-11-12, 10:51 PM
Kids love it. Wife will drive it if she has to. She likes the power but not having to avoid speed bumps.

Smokey
09-11-12, 11:56 PM
OMG, you guys are soooo unlucky! My wife (Kat2512) absolutely adored our mk2 110 and loves the mk2 180 even more if possible! She loves the handling, the noise (decat and full powerflow) and the power. She also loves the look and wants one that is 'just hers'! Preferably in yellow :no:

Loves the track car too, shame she only had one run in it this year.

Anyway, my wife is truly awesome!!

Kat2512
10-11-12, 12:07 AM
OMG, you guys are soooo unlucky! My wife (Kat2512) absolutely adored our mk2 110 and loves the mk2 180 even more if possible! She loves the handling, the noise (decat and full powerflow) and the power. She also loves the look and wants one that is 'just hers'! Preferably in yellow :no:

It's true. Love the zed!

Smokey
10-11-12, 12:36 AM
And Grimmy, your missus is a legend!

sh4ggyd00
10-11-12, 04:27 AM
my missus hates my zed, "you can feel every bump in the road" and "its tooo loud" are the usual things i get, so i point out she can jump back into her "semi auto" astra that forgets what gear its in and stalls constantly :rofl:

red robbo
10-11-12, 04:57 AM
My missus can't drive, so it's either the bus, walk or get in the zed with it's Longlife duplex, inner wing induction kit, rock hard suspension, barely any soundproofing etc, etc. So the zed it is!! Then she moans all the way to where we're going, and I can guarantee she'll say "we shouldn't of sold the ZT".

MG mad
10-11-12, 06:05 AM
Given my wife has a modified MGF, a ZT-T 260 and an MGBGT she wants me to put a TVR engine in, she only has one complaint about the 180 - that it needs more power. When we took it for a test drive (after a couple of ZT 190s), she said to me, yep, this one feels right.

I can forgive her dislike of cricket given her enthusiasm for motorsport.

talkingcars
10-11-12, 07:16 AM
Never mind trading the zs .trade her in. my wife actively encourages me to spend money on my 180.

I did that with my ex, buying a scrap montego to strip the engine out to go in my maestro van was the final straw for her.

The new Mrs TC loves cars even though she couldn't drive when we met, she even found my ZS and her ZR which she is steadly modifing, she funded my T16 conversion on the maestro and encourages me spending time on the cars.

However she isn't keen on my plan to get a ZT260, says they are a grandad's car but I solved that yesterday (thanks daughter and partner and littleone) or cars on TV, be it car programs or motorsport.

welshone
10-11-12, 07:38 AM
My Mrs picked the ZS out of a possible three cars (is200 & a RX8 being the other two) and now she complains about it all the time. I even got a blue one to please her. But every so often she moans it's to noisy, to fast, spend to much money on it and spend to much time on it. Women you can't win with them :laugh:

M17TT180
10-11-12, 07:54 AM
My missus brought me over from Ford to MG, before I got the 180 I would moan about her zr120 being too hard and the clutch to stiff. I realised the error of my ways with the 180 tho.

sneekyparrot
10-11-12, 08:25 AM
My first wife was never really into cars / bikes, only went on back once and hated it.
Lain my partner loves speed / track days and trips to the races. She had the charged zs for 2 weeks and bloody loved it. Car was still Chaved in stickers at the time which she was not keen on but in her words it wooshes along on the motorway lol.

She feel asleep in the reyland on way to silverstone (earplugs in!) and can't wait for its first run on the track to which she promises not to scream this time :-))

When the new manifold arrived it was greeted with "that's very nice sweetheart very shiny, but can u finish putting the shed up before u go play"

Luv her to bits!

peterzs
10-11-12, 09:49 AM
Kat has fantastic taste!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lucky Smokey, soon be a new yellow one sitting on the drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The wife wont drive the ZS, loves her auto Punto Dynamic.

She does love the ZS and doesnt moan too much, she must have nerves of steel.

When she drives me in the Punto, I sit there braking for her, thinking we wont get through that gap, etc. Even after a "bit of a do", she said she wasnt worried, and knew I wouldnt stuff the ZS into a wall.

Got to love em.

:kissing::kissing::kissing:

ian zs180
10-11-12, 10:01 AM
My girlfriend likes my zed well i think she does she wouldnt tell me if she didnt anyway coz she knows i love my zed she often says i think more of the zed than i do of her :smile1:

Ritchy
10-11-12, 11:46 AM
Tanya loves my car, shes got her zr too which she loves as well

Steves Cleenz
10-11-12, 12:14 PM
my missus loves the 180, just hates the turning circle, but she also loves driving my van too

daytona365
10-11-12, 12:41 PM

YELLOW>>>>>>>>>>>>>> she got good taste..:happy2:

Jay-ZS+
10-11-12, 12:44 PM
My Missus hates my car, says "its too bumpy, smells funny and too loud" All the other faults are down to my driving ie too fast round corners, brake too late...etc.. She always feels sick in my car. so when ever we go anywhere together we go in her car.

Noobrider
10-11-12, 05:03 PM
My missus has an MGTF which she loves but she also likes the ZS120 - however, since I lowered it she does complain at how bumpy it is...then again she tends to blame the poorly maintained roads rather than the car.

As for the 180...ssshhhh, she doesn't even know I bought it.....I keep it down at the garage.

Alan.F
10-11-12, 05:13 PM
My Mrs used to love both my 180's she used to love burning chavs off

grimmy
10-11-12, 05:39 PM
And Grimmy, your missus is a legend!

Your not wrong mate.just yesterday I mentioned I saw a mk2 around cumbernauld with rally mud flaps and I said it looked good.20 minutes later she informs me that she ordered a set lol.I love my missus.

stamford
10-11-12, 06:05 PM
My missus likes the ZS more since I put the interior and original seats back in ;) However she still says it is a hard ride but not as bad as her MGF! She doesn't drive it, legs too short! She never gives me any grief as she knows it is my escape, my toy and my hobby! She has bought a few things for me for it over the years. She knew she was marrying a petrolhead and even after 27 years of marriage she knows I won't change and she will never change me. :D

Loving the otherhalves who enjoy it as much as we do! :thumbsup:

Captain Peanut
10-11-12, 09:36 PM
Almost fell off my chair earlier when my wife asked if we could use my car to go out in as it was more comfortable then her Merc! Unfortunately she was only talking about the seats, the ride is much too firm for her.

She mocks me relentlessly for being a car geek and spending so much time tinkering but knows deep down that its my way of escaping the stress of daily life. Secretly though she does love it, proved by how quickly the petrol gauge drops when she borrows it!

jayzs
11-11-12, 12:41 AM
My mrs like the zed but hate s the colour... she has just sold her mini cooper s bloody awful thing that was... she now drives my old x reg bmw 330 and loves it... she does not like driving the zed as she says she does not feel as in control of it but the best bit is... she encourages me to spend money on it cos its my hobby... cant complain...

carmadbaker
11-11-12, 06:09 AM
My GF loves drivin my zed for some reason ;) not letting her near my lotus (to her dismay! Even though she told me "i wont be here when you get back" from buying my car :D )

Dan1971
11-11-12, 07:42 AM
My Mrs refers to the ZS as "the shitmobile"

Saying that, she's been so incredibley tolerant of my various automobile exchanges over the years - and recently put the bid on to win my Focal speakers that I'll hopefully get fitted later.

I think it's great if they like them - but if they don't they just need to understand that we do .... and they will have a happier husband or other half if they just accept and get on with it.

Smokey
11-11-12, 09:08 AM
Here, here Dan! Although, jayzs, looks like we need to swap cars so you can please you missus and mine will be elated!