PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Time

Maxfly
20-11-12, 06:09 AM
Well got a pleasant surprise when I just started to quote for my insurance renewal on the ZS. Was £540 ish last year which I put down to the crash in the black zed, wasn't expecting much better this year but after a quick search this morning I have already found a quote for £254.84 with AXA. That to me is very acceptable, especially considering my accident is only just over a year ago. I may find something a bit cheaper but even if I don't that will do nicely :D

Dan1971
20-11-12, 06:54 AM
Bargain ....

stamford
20-11-12, 07:07 AM
That is very good, hope it is not a mistake when it comes to ringing them up!

Leigh_EvoIX
20-11-12, 07:19 AM
Excellent! Full comp I assume?

Lukeus101
20-11-12, 07:46 AM
Thats a bargain lol

peterzs
20-11-12, 07:58 AM
Christmas come early I reckon.

Maybe your job helps, got to be a responsible, careful kind of guy to do it.

Scare the pants off me!!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

grimmy
20-11-12, 08:05 AM
Nice result that mate.that's around what my insurance is this year.

Maxfly
20-11-12, 10:49 AM
Aye, very pleased:D Seems all kosher and that was just gocompare, meerkats best was about £316, yep fully comp and protected ncb, 8k per year sdp&c.

Job might help Peter but its the big drop from last year that impressed me and my job was still the same then, only things that have changed from last year is i have dropped mileage by 2k, claire is now classed as housemum and another year of everything:)

fastmike
20-11-12, 11:21 AM
Got mine yesterday too....... Tesco, its gone up from £700 to £989 for no reason...... tried Go Compare......£360 with Esure ......guess where I WONT be shopping any more

BUCKYDEVIL
20-11-12, 01:54 PM
That's a great price Gary, I pay very little less to cover my 110 & I have age on my side.

Nor
20-11-12, 02:18 PM
Great price Gary. I'm £450 and thought that was reasonable.

stamford
20-11-12, 02:26 PM
I'm happy with mine £365 f/c with like for like mods covered and fully declared.

skyinsurance
20-11-12, 04:21 PM
It is a great price but check and double check what you are buying, these comparison sites are great to a point but are guilty of selling stripped back policies with high excesses and placing you with companies who are almost un-contactable should you have a claim or a change to make.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/car-club-insurance.html

p_b82
20-11-12, 04:45 PM
I stuck with Aplan this year as they quoted me for renewal the same as i paid last year....

given most things go up year on year - i didn't have the time to shop around... so thought it was not too bad...

mine is £250 excess car on drive, sd&c (with commuting deemed as travel to an airport) ncb and 9+ years ncb...

wished i lived in the country and not a city as i know the premium would drop significantly more than it currently sits at - but ah well, serves me right for modifying my car i suppose :)

fastmike
20-11-12, 04:50 PM
It is a great price but check and double check what you are buying, these comparison sites are great to a point but are guilty of selling stripped back policies with high excesses and placing you with companies who are almost un-contactable should you have a claim or a change to make.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

my excess has been halved

Fred68
20-11-12, 06:38 PM
I got a shock today. I called my insurer to do my 6 monthly insurance swap. I use the 180 for 6 months then swap over to my V6 Freelander for the other 6. Well I called them to do the swap and was shocked to find they want to charge my an extra £60!! For a Freelander?? Insurers must be bonkers. I can't see how a Freelander is a higher risk then the 180.

Maxxed_Ross
20-11-12, 08:33 PM
Job might help Peter but its the big drop from last year that impressed me and my job was still the same then, only things that have changed from last year is i have dropped mileage by 2k, claire is now classed as housemum and another year of everything:)

you would be amazed how much little things like that actually help. If I put myself down as working on an oil rig it's roughly £150 more a year than if I just say I work for an oil company :blink:

Maxfly
21-11-12, 03:10 PM
Aye Nor very pleased, must be like a 1 year 'probationary' type thing where your risk of a second accident is regarded as high!?!?

That's a great price Gary, I pay very little less to cover my 110 & I have age on my side.
No that many year Marcus ;) The postcode will probably help a lot too I think, would imagine IV2 is a lower risk than my old ML1?

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Hear what your saying, good think is it is AXA who are a decent contactable crowd, i think lol:D

you would be amazed how much little things like that actually help. If I put myself down as working on an oil rig it's roughly £150 more a year than if I just say I work for an oil company :blink:

Very true, remember i got a good drop when i went from delivery driver to signaller.

caled
21-11-12, 03:20 PM
Whilst we're talking about it, I got my insurance renewal through from Peter Best this morning - more than most of you are paying but then you're not in an M postcode.
Well pleased with them, and was worried that the renewal would shoot up to the 'normal' insurance company levels.

Maxfly
21-11-12, 03:22 PM
Whilst we're talking about it, I got my insurance renewal through from Peter Best this morning - more than most of you are paying but then you're not in an M postcode.
Well pleased with them, and was worried that the renewal would shoot up to the 'normal' insurance company levels.

Mind you saying before your postcode made it a pita for insurance bud but good to hear you have got a good result for this year:)

Maxfly
22-11-12, 06:50 PM
Well in the end, even though I triple checked my mods had been listed they said 'we dont cover modifications' when i went to buy. Still next best was Adrian flux who I have used many times @ £380. While a £100 quid or so more than what it seemed i would be up paying, its still more than £100 cheaper than what i actually thought i would pay this year before i started looking about lol. So while initially dissappointed, I soon righted it all by telling myselfs its still a good bit cheaper than last year for a start ahha:D

stamford
22-11-12, 07:00 PM
Always pays to call them and haggle. On the plus side your mods will be covered on a like-for-like basis whereas others will acknowledge your mods but will only cover standard parts when a claim arises.

Maxfly
22-11-12, 07:11 PM
Always pays to call them and haggle. On the plus side your mods will be covered on a like-for-like basis whereas others will acknowledge your mods but will only cover standard parts when a claim arises.

Absolutely right Mick, when I went to pay there was an option to just pay online but I wanted to phone as i wanted to check everything was correct with another person as opposed to computer say yes type thing. Glad I did in the end. Always had good dealings with Flux and think out of the 14 years I have been driving they have covered me for at least 7-8 of those:)

can i fix it
22-11-12, 08:45 PM
have a few cars so have a trader policy with my wife on it but to keep my wifes ncd i put one one hers now and again 180 no mods well lpg kit £230 fully comp cheap i think well i am old ish lol:thumbsup:

KevG
22-11-12, 10:03 PM
Traders Policies are good if you have more than 3 cars.