PDA

View Full Version : Going mad

Steven11
23-11-12, 03:02 PM
Is it just me doing somthing stupid or im i right in thinking my spare wheel only fits the back of the car. I got my first puncture in 7 years today and couldnt get the spare to fit the front. I had to jack up the whole side of the car, put the back wheel on the front and the spare on the back. Is there a reason for this or im i just going mad ?

petet16
23-11-12, 03:11 PM
If the spare is a space saver that is what you're supposed to do, the space saver should only ever be fitted on the back.

Steven11
23-11-12, 03:35 PM
If the spare is a space saver that is what you're supposed to do, the space saver should only ever be fitted on the back.

Its not often i slag my ZED but what the hell is the point in that. Ive never came across a car in my life that the spare only fits the rear wheels. That is one of the dumb'est things ive ever seen. It just meant if you get a puncture in the front you need to change 2 wheels. Take it i need to start looking for a spare alloy to resolve this problem then.

And if that is the case, would a spare alloy fit in my spare wheel well ?

petet16
23-11-12, 03:49 PM
Not just your zed mate, the same applies to all cars with space savers, the only difference between zs and other cars is that the space saver wont fit the front of a zs but will fit the front of other cars, even though your not supposed to use them on the front, look around the breakers for a 15" steelie of a Rover, I got mine from a bubble 420gsi

Steven11
23-11-12, 04:15 PM
Not just your zed mate, the same applies to all cars with space savers, the only difference between zs and other cars is that the space saver wont fit the front of a zs but will fit the front of other cars, even though your not supposed to use them on the front, look around the breakers for a 15" steelie of a Rover, I got mine from a bubble 420gsi

Ill need to do that. Thanks for the advice Pete. Sorry about the rant, just a bit pissed of about having to change 2 wheels in the pissing rain in my suit (not a fun experience).

ian zs180
23-11-12, 04:33 PM
My spare wheel is a 15 inch steel which was in the car when i got it so does this mean when the first owner bought the car this was an option instead of the space saver and also does this mean the 15 inch steel will fit the front and the back then ?

petet16
23-11-12, 04:35 PM
I agree, my mk2 came with a can of tyre foam, some gloves, and safety glasses, what f**king use is that in the event of a puncture:angry:

petet16
23-11-12, 04:36 PM
My spare wheel is a 15 inch steel which was in the car when i got it so does this mean when the first owner bought the car this was an option instead of the space saver and also does this mean the 15 inch steel will fit the front and the back then ?

A 15" steel will just fit the front, close but useable.

talkingcars
23-11-12, 05:45 PM
Having used a space saver on the back I wouldn't want to use it on the front.

sh4ggyd00
23-11-12, 11:28 PM
mine came with a 17" straight with a nail in it :/ lol

Maxxed_Ross
23-11-12, 11:32 PM
having seen some of the crazy people out there with space savers fitted on the front if I ever do get a puncture I'm calling the RAC lol