PDA

View Full Version : the zeds dead

andys1981
23-11-12, 05:34 PM
well its official ma zeds dead,drove it for a magical 270 miles,pissed off is an understatement,canny believe a bought a lemon,still undecided whether to sell it whole to goldie,or break it,what kinda price would i get etc guys,its been in goldies for a month(legend mate)and got the bad news today,went down and seen the engine what a mess,ive never seen so much mayo in an engine,oil getting into the spark plugs through the bottom,plenums held on with 3 bolts,been a nightmare if im honest

talkingcars
23-11-12, 05:36 PM
Frustrating but have you considered sticking another engine in there if the rest of the car is good?

Could even do a VVC conversion.

andys1981
23-11-12, 05:40 PM
not really james as its only a month till xmas,the back brakes need done,tyres,tax etc,just havent got the funds at the moment

Cally180
23-11-12, 05:47 PM
unlucky mate, if its just an engine and the car is good is it worth keeping? get xmas etc out the way and get it running again, or would it be more cost effective to go and buy another as after all they aint worth too much these day.

keep it and turn it into a long term project for track use or for whatever takes your fancy.

ZRed
23-11-12, 05:51 PM
:(

andys1981
23-11-12, 05:53 PM
it all depends on goldie there are a few cars in his workshop,and he is busy etc,hes been good to me with taking the car for a month and not charging me etc,i only owe him 3 hrs labour,as he knows my circumstances,so im pretty happy to get it out of his way

stamford
23-11-12, 05:54 PM
Sorry to hear this, don't know what to say :sad:

andys1981
23-11-12, 05:54 PM
Sorry to hear this, don't know what to say :sad:

its cool mick nothing ye can say mate,il work something out!

peterzs
23-11-12, 06:07 PM
p/x with a good one if Goldie has anything interesting at the moment.

andys1981
23-11-12, 06:10 PM
weve had a good chat today,and were gonna sort something out

Dan1971
23-11-12, 07:17 PM
Gutted for you pal ....

Laying her up for a new engine would be the thing to do I think, but, I understand about the money thing in the run up to Christmas and you needing some transport.

If you could break it yourself, you'd get the most money for it but it's time and effort. If Goldie looks after you with something he's got then all good. But - make sure it's a ZS, not a ZR .... We heard about your old one for long enough .... ;) ...

Smokey
23-11-12, 07:28 PM
This is gutting news. I'd even offer a loan of the track car once the engine was in if it wasn't for the fact it would still need MOT and tax which I don't plan on doing til track season!

M100LSN - ZS
23-11-12, 08:43 PM
Definatly engine replacement if your gonna keep the car!!!!
I'm so sorry I had loads of issues with my zed but it was worth it in the end!

andys1981
23-11-12, 09:43 PM
Gutted for you pal ....

Laying her up for a new engine would be the thing to do I think, but, I understand about the money thing in the run up to Christmas and you needing some transport.

If you could break it yourself, you'd get the most money for it but it's time and effort. If Goldie looks after you with something he's got then all good. But - make sure it's a ZS, not a ZR .... We heard about your old one for long enough .... ;) ...

a know mate,havent got a driveway etc,maybe could be another zr lol,never let me down yet mate

andys1981
23-11-12, 09:47 PM
This is gutting news. I'd even offer a loan of the track car once the engine was in if it wasn't for the fact it would still need MOT and tax which I don't plan on doing til track season!

thats really sound of you blair,really appreciate that mate,but well get stuck in to the track beastie get her sorted up,al get something sorted bud,thanks man

Smokey
23-11-12, 10:39 PM
You've not had much luck with Zeds to be fair (not that I have! Killed 3 and have one injured [engine rattle]) But hopefully if we do the engine swap and it goes well, might encourage you to do your own!

Maxfly
23-11-12, 10:49 PM
Gutting Andy mate, really hope you get something sorted out. I am with the other on swapping out the engine bud. Hope all gets sorted for you soon mate:(:(

Maxxed_Ross
23-11-12, 11:10 PM
Sell it to Goldie for parts then buy his Mk2 110 to replace it... that little car is fantastic!

Smokey
23-11-12, 11:11 PM
Even I fancied that 110. It's a valid suggestion.

Maxxed_Ross
23-11-12, 11:19 PM
I had a loan of it for a week and loved every second of being back in a ZS on the road. I even got quite addicted to the noise it made haha

If it wasn't for having such a daft amount of cars already I would have had it already

andys1981
24-11-12, 11:12 AM
Sell it to Goldie for parts then buy his Mk2 110 to replace it... that little car is fantastic!

its sold unfortunately,the thought did cross my mind though

BUCKYDEVIL
24-11-12, 11:54 AM
Sorry to read of your bad news Andy, you really do have terrible luck.
Breaking it might be the best way to claw back some cash.

ZRed
24-11-12, 03:18 PM
Car is now in my possession. Please see my section for thread.

grimmy
24-11-12, 03:29 PM
Gutted for you andy.hope everything sorts itself out for you.

andys1981
24-11-12, 03:43 PM
cheers grimmy

ZRed
24-11-12, 04:04 PM
Damn iPhone! Car is now in my possession and will be broken sadly. Please see my section for breaking thread. All enquiries via pm thanks.

Maxxed_Ross
24-11-12, 06:32 PM
at least it will be used to keep a few others on the road

Hope you find a replacement soon buddy

Smokey
24-11-12, 07:44 PM
Yeah, hope you love your replacement as much. Gutting to see this.

andys1981
24-11-12, 08:34 PM
believe me guys am no throwing the towel in,ave only got the one wage coming in at the moment,if it wasnt xmas etc,the zs needed tax,tyres,back breaks and disks,front cv boot done,and to obviously find the damn problem and sort it,was gonna end up being too costly,me and goldie talked about all possibilities,i would rather sold him the car and help you guys out,and goldie aswell,as hes been a saviour on a few times this year for me,ill be back lol!!

Maxxed_Ross
24-11-12, 11:20 PM
Buy a Defender, then you'll be there even more often! :smile1: