PDA

View Full Version : Cam shaft sensor A

sambomonkee
25-11-12, 10:30 AM
Just went out this morning, turned to the car over but is just span without catching at all.

I thought the starter was given grief again, but when starting in gear it moved, so no that was fine.

In the end kept trying my flakey starter finally gave up, but after reading the Error logs, it says Cam Shaft sensor A 0340, now I'm sure that's why it didn't start in the first place, but is that the front or back bank, please be the front as the back is a pig.

Also why would the sensor fail over night, seems weird, rain or water related?

petet16
25-11-12, 10:47 AM
It's at the right hand end of the front bank, check the connector for damp would be my call.

petet16
25-11-12, 10:50 AM
Next to the oil filler cap
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/petet16/100_1340.jpg

sambomonkee
25-11-12, 10:50 AM
It's at the right hand end of the front bank, check the connector for damp would be my call.

Oh, good, I just assumed there was two, ie front and back bank, so its just one on the front??

I cant test nought at the moment, I have to get a new starter motor first, but I did remove the front cam sensor and gave it a clean, but will also check the wiring and earths when I get the new starter in.

Dan1971
25-11-12, 11:15 AM
If I were you, I'd be onto RedZ for that sensor ASAP. With mine, the thing wasn't starting properly for a while, especially when hot, and then once the cam sensor was replaced - sorted. You might not need the starter motor at all.

sambomonkee
25-11-12, 11:17 AM
I do need a starter motor, its in pieces on the garage floor :)

Dan1971
25-11-12, 11:51 AM
I do need a starter motor, its in pieces on the garage floor :)

Fair enough .... :)