PDA

View Full Version : VIS Indicator Kit

Smokey
25-11-12, 11:10 PM
Jay or Kev are probably the best ones to ask but I plan to relocate my vis lights to the dial area.

To do this, I need the wiring diagram for the the LED part (I have the wiring already in place) Mine is the green/red LED setup.

I'm not sure if its just led's and suitable resistors, but any help appreciated.

grimmy
25-11-12, 11:11 PM
Hope they can help as my indicators are gubbed as you know Blair.

Smokey
25-11-12, 11:14 PM
You are the reason I'm gonna make a move on this project.

Sadly gonna have to find a blank when I do it lol!

grimmy
25-11-12, 11:18 PM
You are the reason I'm gonna make a move on this project.

Sadly gonna have to find a blank when I do it lol!

That won't be a problem plenty of blanks on the cars in scrappies I've been to recently.

Smokey
25-11-12, 11:21 PM
Thats good then. I have other plans for them.

Maxxed_Ross
26-11-12, 12:03 AM
I'm sure I've still got a few somewhere, I'll bring them with me when I come to pick the track car up

KevG
26-11-12, 12:32 PM
Jay or Kev are probably the best ones to ask but I plan to relocate my vis lights to the dial area.

To do this, I need the wiring diagram for the the LED part (I have the wiring already in place) Mine is the green/red LED setup.

I'm not sure if its just led's and suitable resistors, but any help appreciated.

You'll need diodes and LED's, I can supply both but not your colours you have i have only green/yellow.

Hope they can help as my indicators are gubbed as you know Blair.

Whats the matter Grimster with the indicators?

Smokey
26-11-12, 12:39 PM
Kev, strangely, his yellow one doesn't display very well, the odd flicker. We plugged in my one for the track car (same yellow led one) and it was the same. Then we tried my green/red one and no problems, showed all was well!

So technically we have two kits that don't work. I got mine from Jay though not you but I think it was your original build?

grimmy
26-11-12, 04:51 PM
You'll need diodes and LED's, I can supply both but not your colours you have i have only green/yellow.

Whats the matter Grimster with the indicators?

When I floor it all the lights go out completely and then the power one lights up normally as the balance switches off.like Blair says we tested with his later kit and it all works perfectly.had about four different repaired balance motors in it before we realised it was the indicators and not the motors lol.:wacko:

KevG
26-11-12, 05:21 PM
When I floor it all the lights go out completely and then the power one lights up normally as the balance switches off.like Blair says we tested with his later kit and it all works perfectly.had about four different repaired balance motors in it before we realised it was the indicators and not the motors lol.:wacko:

So, when do you want me to look at it?

talkingcars
26-11-12, 05:38 PM
I have my cruise control switch where the VIS indicator normally goes so Jay made me one that goes in the blank next to the mirror switch, I haven't fitted it yet but I plan to swap it around with the headlight leveler switch so you can see it from the corner of you eye when driving.

grimmy
26-11-12, 06:39 PM
So, when do you want me to look at it?

I am free all weekend mate so whenever you are free us good with me.

KevG
26-11-12, 06:41 PM
okay i'll let you know.

grimmy
26-11-12, 06:52 PM
okay i'll let you know.

Okay doke.

Smokey
26-11-12, 06:58 PM
Will you need your original vis indicator Grimmy, cos its here!

grimmy
26-11-12, 07:19 PM
Will you need your original vis indicator Grimmy, cos its here!

Now there is a point,but I thought you were keeping that to pull apart.

Smokey
26-11-12, 07:37 PM
Not if it can be repaired. Worth the expert having a look first.

Smokey
27-11-12, 06:35 AM
And Kev, can you send me the wiring and list of required bits to do the indicator section?

grimmy
27-11-12, 07:04 AM
Blair I am off Thursday now if you want to get some jobs done.

KevG
27-11-12, 06:05 PM
And Kev, can you send me the wiring and list of required bits to do the indicator section?

Nope!

talkingcars
27-11-12, 06:08 PM
Nope!

?

Blunt!

:look:

grimmy
27-11-12, 06:20 PM
Nope!

Ooft :angry:

Smokey
27-11-12, 06:23 PM
Meh, I'll work it out :p

Smokey
27-11-12, 06:30 PM
Cheers buddy, ol' pal! Now I wont need to use my small brain lol!

Rep given.

KevG
27-11-12, 06:42 PM
Glad to be of some help.