PDA

View Full Version : Rear Lights

daytona365
29-11-12, 10:06 PM
As most of you know I have those "lexus" lights on my Zed. Have got a set of OE ones, that I may one day swap over. However in the mean time, got a question for you all.......................... The tail lights, turn on lights and they light up. However after about 2-5 mins the o/s one turns off, followed not long after by the n/s. Turn switch off/on and they light up again.

All the other lights work. SO are the bulbs in need of replacing, or is it something else??? :wave:

M17TT180
29-11-12, 10:19 PM
Bad earth?

daytona365
29-11-12, 10:31 PM
Been told that before, but the answer of attaching another wire, just didnt work. The lights didnt work at all...............

talkingcars
29-11-12, 10:52 PM
I'd try changing the bulb.

octo0072000
29-11-12, 11:04 PM
is it only the rears that go off or not if all side lamps go off one side at a time could be stalk switch

grimmy
29-11-12, 11:11 PM
Try the bulbs but also check the small.connector in the lights itself they can be a problem area.

MG ZS STE
30-11-12, 06:27 AM
I had this, check the new earth is good.

daytona365
30-11-12, 10:09 AM
Will try bulb first. Got no new earth, lastly only rear lights, all others stay on with stalk

peterzs
30-11-12, 10:21 AM
After a nice policeman told me that my O/S/R light wasnt working, I checked it next day and found the problem was the strip connector.

WD40 sorted it.

Policeman asked if I had any spare bulbs...............Oops, no. Midnight, wet and raining in Kendal, in the Lakes. So I tried the MG method, gave the light a thump. And it worked. Light came on and he waved us away. Phew!!!!!!!!!!!

KevG
30-11-12, 10:43 AM
It will be the small white connector on the PCB inside, this is a problem with them, but the are 2 types of these lights.

talkingcars
30-11-12, 07:05 PM
...Policeman asked if I had any spare bulbs...............Oops, no. Midnight, wet and raining in Kendal, in the Lakes.

Still no legal requirment to carry spare bulbs in this country.

magpie67
30-11-12, 07:42 PM
was having probs with my lexus style lights just over a week ago.
osr light would come on, then go off, i thought maybe just a loose connection, cos if you wobbled the wire it stayed on !

Not being electrically minded i took "millie" to my local mechanic (who knows the car well) , he took out the small pcb with the leds on, examined it , said they were notorious for bad connections, cleaned it up, put it back in and now it works fine !!! a total of 35mins work, which he didn't charge me for :hooray:

daytona365
30-11-12, 08:56 PM
was having probs with my lexus style lights just over a week ago.
osr light would come on, then go off, i thought maybe just a loose connection, cos if you wobbled the wire it stayed on !

Not being electrically minded i took "millie" to my local mechanic (who knows the car well) , he took out the small pcb with the leds on, examined it , said they were notorious for bad connections, cleaned it up, put it back in and now it works fine !!! a total of 35mins work, which he didn't charge me for :hooray:

Wicked, may have to let him have a look at mine, not too far away...:)

daytona365
02-12-12, 03:41 PM
Well have finally sorted my problematic rear lexus lights.................I have swapped them for the set of OE lights I bought last year.

Just got to get some bulbs from work now!!! Didnt have enough. SO thats now all "dodgy" lighting fixed now. Looks odd from the back now..

M17TT180
02-12-12, 04:57 PM
Well have finally sorted my problematic rear lexus lights.................I have swapped them for the set of OE lights I bought last year.

Just got to get some bulbs from work now!!! Didnt have enough. SO thats now all "dodgy" lighting fixed now. Looks much much better from the back now..

Sorted that for you.

daytona365
02-12-12, 05:50 PM
Sorted that for you.

Now mine looks more like yours............Two TY to brighten up the roads :bounce:

talkingcars
02-12-12, 08:09 PM
Looks like mine did before I tinted them, TBH the car looks better O/E than lexus.

daytona365
02-12-12, 08:13 PM
Just as an aside, the old lexus lights are now for sale, if anyone knows anyone who wants them..

daytona365
03-12-12, 05:21 PM
Right now Ive got the OE lamps in, just need to sort out bulbs. So favour time.

On the Rimmer site, the rear light section. Bulbs 3 4 5 6 and 7.... What are what?

If you look at the listing they are all orange.............FCOL!!

talkingcars
03-12-12, 05:23 PM
Try http://www.philips.co.uk/c/car-lamps/14238/cat/

daytona365
03-12-12, 07:16 PM
Cool, so I know what to "borrow" from work now....

Only one problem, this site along with some others, sates that teh indicator is clear. Now forgive me for bing stupid, but it should be ORANGE, as the lens is clear???

To save aggro, cant some one post a picture of their light holder with the bulbs in PLEASE........