PDA

View Full Version : mk1 zs180 wont start

pete mufc bowker
02-12-12, 02:24 PM
well my mk1 zs180, i started her up this morning on the driveway, removed all the rubbish my kids had left behind, went in the house for 2mins came out and she had cut out, my petrol light was on, so i walked to the petrol station and filled the gerry can came back and she wont start still, me and me m8s tried pushing up the road a few times but it still wont start, ive pressed the interia button a good few times, but still it wont start, the only thing that seems strange is the fuel pump sounds a little bit louder when priming, likes its struggling or sumat, any advice would be good

also on euro carparts there are two pumps,

they are worded and priced like this

intmot/m fuel pump
part no:441750110
£117-60

and then

replacment fuel pump
part no:441750111
£71-94

so which 1 will i need if it is the fuel pump

grimmy
02-12-12, 02:25 PM
If it ran out of fuel it needs at least twenty litres in the tank before it will start again as he pump needs to bee fully submerged before it will run.

daytona365
02-12-12, 03:14 PM
I 2nd that.................the pump has to be " immersed" to send petrol to the engine. Its a common situation in modern cars, to prevent any "gunge" flowing through. IS annoying though as a jerry can doesnt hold enough!!!

pete mufc bowker
02-12-12, 04:03 PM
i hope for mysake that you'es r right, im on route to the petrol station to fill the jerry can again and bye a toe rope, ill keep you'se onformed, cheers guys:unsure:

scotttait
02-12-12, 04:16 PM
I'll 3rd that!!!! Also when you turn the guy twice (not firing up) you'll here the fuel pump priming. Do that for 5 minutes before trying to fire, also be careful not to flatten battery

James Raby
02-12-12, 05:00 PM
If it ran out of fuel it needs at least twenty litres in the tank before it will start again as he pump needs to bee fully submerged before it will run.

ran out of fuel and a 5l can of fuel got it going fine again, done it twice in-fact :thumbsdown:

grimmy
02-12-12, 05:08 PM
ran out of fuel and a 5l can of fuel got it going fine again, done it twice in-fact :thumbsdown:

Only going on my experience and that of the majority of zs owners who have had this.guess we will find out soon enough.the guy asked a question I answered it to the best of my knowledge maybe I will keep my gub shut in future.

James Raby
02-12-12, 05:12 PM
no i meant a thumbs down for me doing it twice!

:bounce:

might have been luck of the draw also, the fuel filters also get a change every 2 yr as a precaution

grimmy
02-12-12, 05:15 PM
no i meant a thumbs down for me doing it twice!

:bounce:

might have been luck of the draw also, the fuel filters also get a change every 2 yr as a precaution

Ah okay maybe you never quite managed to get serious air into the system like I did as well :hmmm:

scotttait
02-12-12, 05:17 PM

Lucky you :tease: :yoji:

James Raby
02-12-12, 05:20 PM
driving fine, knew needed fuel just stalled before could make it - doh!!

was not a proud moment of ownership.....

ZRed
02-12-12, 05:24 PM
You may have crap in the filter, had this on my own zs after running out on the drive and I'll also say roughly £15 of fuel to get going dependant on how it's sitting on incline etc.

pete mufc bowker
05-12-12, 06:04 PM

gave her another can full and she still wouldnt start, got the mrs dad to tow me round the block and its been all good since, thanks guys for the advice:spank:

pete mufc bowker
05-12-12, 06:08 PM
I 2nd that.................the pump has to be " immersed" to send petrol to the engine. Its a common situation in modern cars, to prevent any "gunge" flowing through. IS annoying though as a jerry can doesnt hold enough!!!

it was your comment that made me do the walk of death with the jerry can, petrol station is a 6 mile round trip, bcoz i could hear my pump a little bit louder than normal, so made me think it was'nt fully submerged, and my driveway is on a slope, and the back end was alot lower than the front end at the time it ran out on my drive, so it must of sucked every last dreg threw and then cut out, never again tho, filled her up with ultimate, for 71 pound, and it was peeing out the side haha, nice.....:lttd: