PDA

View Full Version : @R5E! in the extreme

Nobrainer
02-12-12, 05:30 PM
Don't really need to explain this one http://db.tt/exx5P9wZ

Can someone sort the pic for me? I'm not really in the mood for faffing around.

big_wasa
02-12-12, 05:33 PM
Owch (https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhqekp3u252p04a/2012-12-02%2016.33.45.jpg)

Supercharged_Z
02-12-12, 05:42 PM
Ouch, what happened?

Nobrainer
02-12-12, 05:51 PM
Greasy road, just lost it coming round a corner and a lamppost got in the way.
I'm fine but the cars totaled.

sneekyparrot
02-12-12, 05:57 PM
oh Sh8te

bad news, everyone ok?

Supercharged_Z
02-12-12, 05:57 PM
are you sure the car is totaled? cant see the side to be honest.

Got a nice green one with very similar mods... if you like :)

can I ask if it still has coilovers on it?

Nobrainer
02-12-12, 06:04 PM
Well, the insurance will right it off, but it may well be salvageable given the mods. Its being recovered by the police so haven't had chance to have a good look yet.

Nobrainer
02-12-12, 06:04 PM
Yes, avos on it

Dan1971
02-12-12, 06:05 PM
Sad to see mate ..... :console: ..... glad you're OK.

stamford
02-12-12, 06:05 PM
Bad news, as long as you are okay. Tough motors these.

welshone
02-12-12, 06:09 PM
Ouch glad everyone it ok.

Is that taphouses old motor????

magpie67
02-12-12, 06:10 PM
glad to hear you're ok

Nobrainer
02-12-12, 06:19 PM
Ouch glad everyone it ok.

Is that taphouses old motor????

Yep. The red devil. Thats two of his old motors I've trashed. Maybe he'll sell me that fiesta?

welshone
02-12-12, 06:22 PM
Wondered where that went. Bad news mate hope you get it back up and running

BUCKYDEVIL
02-12-12, 06:26 PM
Sorry to read of your bad news...

stamford
02-12-12, 06:26 PM
Oh shoite the Red Devil! No! :yikes:

peterzs
02-12-12, 07:06 PM
Pity we chopped ZS's old one up, worth getting an iffy motor but good body and swapping all the bits over??

Least you walked away OK.

Maybe a bit of derv on the bend?????

Nobrainer
02-12-12, 07:45 PM
Haha Peter. Yes, possibly. I need to see how badly damaged it really is before I make any decisions.

Peter, did you want to see if you can take my place tomorrow?

peterzs
02-12-12, 08:01 PM
Thanks, but I dont fancy taking my one round in the wet, that was the main reason for not booking at the time.

Dont know if any one on the reserve list would be up for it, all a bit tight, time wise now as well.

Steve mead
02-12-12, 08:03 PM
Pete the weather forcast is looking a bit better now.

scotttait
02-12-12, 08:06 PM
Not nice!! Hopefully everyone is ok?

peterzs
02-12-12, 08:11 PM
I'd need to swap some bits over, been round Brands 3 times now as well, think I'll try Castle Combe or Goodwood MGOT next time.

Really, its the early start to get up there for booking on that puts me off!!!!

I'll bring the camera and see if I can get some shots of a Black ZS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last time I just got shots of the tarmac!!

Steve mead
02-12-12, 08:14 PM
Goodwood is a fantastic track, especially when you get out to st marys, things tend to liven up a bit through there. Got most of my sprint trophies there.

ZS
02-12-12, 08:41 PM
I still have wings n bonnet n crash bar etc... depending if its repairable I can do you a good deal on the bits... also got most, if not all, suspension components etc :)

peterzs
02-12-12, 08:45 PM
Can see another "hands on", meet coming up!!!

Bout time I got down and dirty again!!

stamford
02-12-12, 08:49 PM

Bout time I got down and dirty again!!

I can't see Chris saying that to you! :laugh:

peterzs
02-12-12, 08:51 PM
I wish!!!!!!!!!!!

stamford
02-12-12, 08:53 PM
:laugh:

Nobrainer
02-12-12, 09:24 PM
Oooh. 9,999 posts Peter

WalkerDnB
02-12-12, 09:28 PM
Bad times :/ it dosnt look to bad though just a shame insurance companies will write anything off these days

Is it me or is the car still smoking in that picture did you literary have the accident get out and take a picture lol

Nobrainer
02-12-12, 09:32 PM
CheersZS;285148]I still have wings n bonnet n crash bar etc... depending if its repairable I can do you a good deal on the bits... also got most, if not all, suspension components etc :)[/QUOTE]

Cheers. I'm sure it will be needing bonnet, wings, crash bar as a minimum. I'm quite gutted that I've just spent time and money having the compensator links changed and been crawling under the car yesterday doing an oil and filter change, changed the CV joint and lower ball joint, new spark plugs, cleaned the engine up, started sorting the air filter routing, cleaned up the egr valve and other bits. Just glad I didn't clean it today!

Nobrainer
02-12-12, 09:34 PM
Bad times :/ it dosnt look to bad though just a shame insurance companies will write anything off these days

Is it me or is the car still smoking in that picture did you literary have the accident get out and take a picture lol

Quite right. Sorry I couldn't get an action shot but I was otherwise occupied.

Dav
02-12-12, 09:47 PM
Bad times!!! :(

When did you change the wheels? I could have sworn I saw you at Kwik-Fit in Shirley today.

Where abouts did it happen?

Nobrainer
02-12-12, 09:53 PM
Yeah, that was me in Kwik fit. I was having the slicks put on for tomorrow (no they weren't on the car!)

Dav
02-12-12, 09:55 PM
That's such bad luck mate!!!! I hope it's fixable, it's a lovely looking motor...

Steven11
02-12-12, 11:00 PM
Gutted for you mate, i know exactly how it feels to see your pride and joy in pieces. My first ever brand new car was a ZS Hatch in xpower grey and i loved it. But when it was just 15 days old with 500 miles on the clock a council van full of welding equipment hit me head on and wrote it off.

Main thing is you walked away from it, glad your ok.

Nobrainer
02-12-12, 11:03 PM
I think one of the problems may be insurance. If I lose my no claims and they bump my premiums, not sure I'll be able to afford a 180.

Nobrainer
02-12-12, 11:06 PM
And my wife told me I have to get some life assurance!

ZRed
02-12-12, 11:32 PM
**** sake James. That's a gutter. Gimme a bell if I can help with anything mate. Kind of wish I hadn't said I'd be posting a full car to you now!!

Dan1971
03-12-12, 06:30 AM

I'm in - got to keep the Red Hatches going .....

WalkerDnB
03-12-12, 08:29 AM
Quite right. Sorry I couldn't get an action shot but I was otherwise occupied.

you need roadhawk for the action shot.

I hope you can get it fixed mate

Nobrainer
03-12-12, 09:29 AM
What does it cost to buy back a crashed mk1 zs these days?

WalkerDnB
03-12-12, 09:47 AM
would it not be better to repair it yourself
I wouldnt think a written off zs would be worth anything at all plus then your insurance wont go up

Dan1971
03-12-12, 09:51 AM
What does it cost to buy back a crashed mk1 zs these days?

Get in touch with lel-1710 - he's just bought his back and is doing a repair to the front of his....

Nobrainer
03-12-12, 10:15 AM
Very nice and genuinely helpful guy at Aviva is looking into the most cost effective options for me. I've lost 2 years ncd just by telling them about it, then there is probably 2k for the lamppost, £250 for the recovery plus storage. It might be worth claiming for the car and buying it back or not. He's going to call back within the hour, hopefully with some numbers.
To date I am impressed with the police who was a top bloke, Aviva when they eventually answered the phone and my mate who promptly came out, took photos for Facebook, told the copper at least this stolen car had tax on it! and took my home. Not impressed with the AA, they wanted my card details up front to recover me, which I didn't have, so left me in the ****.

redzed
03-12-12, 10:18 AM
if you do get to buy it back, ive got a zs im breaking and im not far from you, if its small bits you can just have them, crash bar etc, as im only going to scrap bits like that

Dav
03-12-12, 01:09 PM
If it's any help, I've got a crash bar here if you need it that's a little closer.

ZS
03-12-12, 01:19 PM
Cheers. I'm sure it will be needing bonnet, wings, crash bar as a minimum. I'm quite gutted that I've just spent time and money having the compensator links changed and been crawling under the car yesterday doing an oil and filter change, changed the CV joint and lower ball joint, new spark plugs, cleaned the engine up, started sorting the air filter routing, cleaned up the egr valve and other bits. Just glad I didn't clean it today!

Also got Headlights etc still...

Almost sounds like you should bring the car over here and get everything fitted... lol (shame the F is in the way at the moment)

Nobrainer
03-12-12, 01:37 PM
Thanks for the offers gentlemen but I've been down to the recovery place and had a look at the car and spoken to a couple of people.
I have some more pics I'll post in a moment, but I think it's scrap. Front nearside has taken a good shunt.

ZS
03-12-12, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the offers gentlemen but I've been down to the recovery place and had a look at the car and spoken to a couple of people.
I have some more pics I'll post in a moment, but I think it's scrap. Front nearside has taken a good shunt.

I'd suggest that it would be worth stripping it down for the parts... since it has some tasty parts on it... but would the missus complain about a second scrapper on the drive??? lol

Nobrainer
03-12-12, 01:40 PM
http://db.tt/pdzGqwda
http://db.tt/9aLe9KlE
http://db.tt/tI0bnevs
http://db.tt/hPC1pkq6

Nobrainer
03-12-12, 01:42 PM
Brm is going tomorow morning. Driveway will be clear for about an hour. Now I really must go and pull a few more bits off it.

petet16
03-12-12, 01:46 PM
Glad no one was injured, sadly the car looks trashed.

Dan1971
03-12-12, 01:59 PM
Shame but that's a gonner I reckon ....

Get what you can mate - the induction kit looks decent ... let me know if you get it off and look to sell on.

Nobrainer
03-12-12, 04:47 PM
Oh dear. Now I'm injured. Thumped myself in the head with a piece of scaffolding pole I use as a breaker bar. Mrs has nipped out to buy some steri strips.

talkingcars
03-12-12, 05:36 PM
Oh dear. Now I'm injured. Thumped myself in the head with a piece of scaffolding pole I use as a breaker bar. Mrs has nipped out to buy some steri strips.

Careful, cars bite.

Sadly that is well beyond ecconomical repair, even DIY. If there wasn't any inner wing or chassis rail damage it would be repairable but seeing as the engine has moved I wouldn't be suprised if the gearbox is damaged.

She did a great job of saving you from injury.

Nobrainer
03-12-12, 05:49 PM
Shame but that's a gonner I reckon ....

Get what you can mate - the induction kit looks decent ... let me know if you get it off and look to sell on.

Do you mean the blue thing? Thats a catch tank. Brand new as was the battery :-(

Dan1971
03-12-12, 05:51 PM
Do you mean the blue thing? Thats a catch tank. Brand new as was the battery :-(

I knew that was a catch tank mate - no - I was talking about the induction - didn't look standard .... Might take the catch tank off you though if you took it off, ain't got one of them.

Nobrainer
03-12-12, 06:53 PM
Ah, I see what you mean. Didn't realise you could see the piping in the photo.

I have a plan in place now. Car is arriving at mine tomorow morning (hopefully after ther brm has gone or I'll have problems). I need to clear space for it in the garage which will be interesting and hopefully roll it in there to work on in the dry if not warm. Then I'll strip off as much as I can to see tge damage and post some more photos. If its fubared I'll strip the goodies off and think about where to go from there. Either another 180 or maybe something retro if I can afford it. Probably another 180 though.

Supercharged_Z
03-12-12, 09:54 PM
Goodnight red devil.

How was the suspension set?

daytona365
03-12-12, 10:00 PM
Get another 180, you know you want to.................

ZRed
03-12-12, 11:48 PM
Goodnight red devil.

How was the suspension set?

Vulture

Nobrainer
04-12-12, 06:55 AM
Not sure about the suspension. It was set up professionally by someone for Taphouse. It didn't seem particularly hard.

stamford
04-12-12, 07:16 AM
It took a heavy hit, nice imprint of the lampost there! Looks too far gone from the views given. I'm sure there are plenty of decent bits to salvage. I'd be interested in some of the polybushed suspension parts if you do decide to go that far. Not one to circle over a carcass but might as well join them! ;)

Supercharged_Z
04-12-12, 07:40 AM
I was only really asking as I maintain coilovers are for the track and not the road, unless you set the car up each time you go out weather dependant.

I would be intrested in the manifolds mind you and vis indicators lol

p_b82
04-12-12, 08:06 AM
Sorry to read of another rather poorly ZS there... looks fairly terminal to me!

Glad you were able to walk away though!

Nobrainer
04-12-12, 10:13 AM
Not had a problem with the coilovers on the road. Only issue suspension wise has been bushes. Car failed mot on cracked compensator link on one side and dodgy bush on other side. When we took then off it looks like the wrong bushes had been used and had been badly spot welded into place. Car felt much better once that was done. Unfortunately only got that done on saturday!

peterzs
04-12-12, 10:17 AM
Have to let me know if you need a trolly jack or even a push into the garage!!!

Revenge of the scaffold pole. You OK now???

talkingcars
04-12-12, 03:52 PM
I might be able to pop down with the engine hoist in excange for some parts if you decide to remove the engine.

Nobrainer
13-12-12, 10:57 PM
I'm not very happy today. Finally got a chance to have a quick look under the bonnet. Pulled out the battery in case it decided to leak (fortunately it isn't, but its taken a whack) and got a look at the gearbox. Its been ripped off the mount so now has a gaping hole in the top so I can't just transplant that into a new car. It will have to be stripped and the quaife refuted into another I guess. Hoping the exhaust manis are ok still.

Is there a way to have the ecu checked to see if that is ok?

Nobrainer
13-12-12, 11:00 PM
I think I might have cracked my skull just a little bit too! One of the kids knocked it today while messing around and boy did it hurt.

ZRed
13-12-12, 11:47 PM
I can see this in a yellow mk2

ian zs180
14-12-12, 03:45 PM
Sorry to hear about your accident but at least your ok thats the main thing ,havin said that if you think you may have cracked your skull a little it might be wise to go and get checked out just to be on the safe side

Nobrainer
14-12-12, 03:55 PM
Nah. Nothing they can do even if it is cracked. Its just my face anyway :-)

Taphouse
01-01-13, 09:07 AM
Yep. The red devil. Thats two of his old motors I've trashed. Maybe he'll sell me that fiesta?

Main thing is your alright which is good, other than the cracked skull!

This thread makes me sad though, and it was about time I thought about buying it back too! :D

The fiesta is for sale at the right price, normal bank account will do for the transfer! :thumbsup:

Nobrainer
01-01-13, 09:38 PM
I had no plans to sell this and was slowly sorting all the bits and pieces on it (that noisy seat was a cracked suspension part). For me it was a bit of a keeper so pretty miffed about this. Still haven't had much opportunity to look at it yet.

Not really up for the fiesta mate.

Supercharged_Z
01-01-13, 09:43 PM
What was cracked out of question

Nobrainer
01-01-13, 09:49 PM
Just to the side of my eyebrow. But I guess you mean car wise. The compensator links, one had cracked right through and both had dodgy bushes (poly bushes that didn't seem to fit right and had been spot welded in place and broken loose)