PDA

View Full Version : Cumbria to Norfolk 300 mile trip!

Skillen
04-12-12, 11:40 PM
One tank of petrol? hahaha must be dreaming!

Going to be going from Cumbria to Norfolk tomorrow traveling across the A66 and down the A1 then A17 or whichever road it is after that past spalding and kings Lynn etc.

Gonna be about 6 hours and I'm taking the 180 so if you see a silver Mk1 ZS give me a flash/wave! :) it'll help me pass the time!
And don't see many around where I am and they certainly don't wave too much! And the members on here I've seen from near me I haven't seen about! So got to see someone!

talkingcars
05-12-12, 05:14 AM
Have a good drive.

300 miles is quite possible on a long run as long as you are steady.

Lukeus101
05-12-12, 06:03 AM
It is indeed very possible :) I did from Pontefract in Yorkshire to St Austell in Cornwall in 1 tank, was a fairly monotonous 341 miles trip but peoples faces when they see the car popping flames made the time go quicker.

KirkJames
05-12-12, 07:27 AM
I have had 365 on a tank but let's not open that can of worms cos you'll have all manner of people popping up saying that they have had 450+ from a 180 ;)
Where abouts in Norfolk are you headed. I'll keep my eye out for you :)

Skillen
05-12-12, 08:05 AM
I have had 365 on a tank but let's not open that can of worms cos you'll have all manner of people popping up saying that they have had 450+ from a 180 ;)
Where abouts in Norfolk are you headed. I'll keep my eye out for you :)

Yeah and I like to let it rev a lot can't get enough of the sound!

Heading to norwich where the site of the old hospital was (Brunswick road?) of Newmarket road but probably be pootling around as me and the other half go places (she's currently living there for a job!)
I suppose Norfolk is a big county so should have specified haha!

david1926
07-12-12, 08:42 PM
How did the trip go. Did you manage on one tank. Its rubbish roads most of the way esp if you get stuck behind tractors etc

LozMachine
07-12-12, 09:21 PM
All the way to Norwich? No need you could have just come and see me in Gt Broughton haha :clown:

daytona365
07-12-12, 09:53 PM
A nice long road trip is good in a ZS. Ive managed over 350 before, and that was not feather footing him............Keeping a steady speed, but through the bends, he just stuck to the road, so no worries about uneconomical slowing down and speeding up.

talkingcars
07-12-12, 10:41 PM
I got 304 out of my last tank which was 1 trip to Cambridge and 4 to work.

Skillen
08-12-12, 01:44 AM
How did the trip go. Did you manage on one tank. Its rubbish roads most of the way esp if you get stuck behind tractors etc

Didn't manage one tank just over I think but the a66 is undulating and slow with Sunday drivers (on a Wednesday) so tbh it's a lot of heavy foot to get round slow folk! Was alright though only took 5 hours!

All the way to Norwich? No need you could have just come and see me in Gt Broughton haha :clown: haha I never ever see any ZS's about!

sheldore
08-12-12, 05:24 AM
Mine sits tucked away and only comes out a few weekends a month. Changed jobs so don't even need the car anymore but won't sell it.

KirkJames
08-12-12, 07:28 PM
I work at city college which is about 300m from the old hospital, I am up there tomorrow if you fancy a quick chat before I go back home about 1ish

Skillen
09-12-12, 12:33 AM
I work at city college which is about 300m from the old hospital, I am up there tomorrow if you fancy a quick chat before I go back home about 1ish

I just travelled back to Warrington yesterday or I would have done!
Always miss social stuff!

KirkJames
09-12-12, 08:09 PM
Hope you had a good time whilst you were here :)