PDA

View Full Version : Raising cash for a Mk2

littlened
07-12-12, 08:16 AM
Well, since the wife told me I can't take money from our savings to buy a car, I'm having to raise the money myself.

I've literally put anything I could around the house I don't use and popped it on ebay.

So far I've got £600 in the kitty!! Only another £900 to go :)

Still got a few things waiting to sell, like a K series VVC head, a set of KV6 heads, VVC TF engine loom, VVC TF coil packs, and a few other things I'm selling.

Hopefully I get the timing on the Mk1 sorted tomorrow, and I can put that up for sale, and with a bit of luck I should have raised the funds for sometime next week.

I'm hoping if I at least raise most of the money, the wife will let me borrow from the savings.

I've still got the TF on ebay, 10 watchers but not one enquiry.

Dan1971
07-12-12, 08:27 AM
Good luck .... Title sorted .... ;)

littlened
07-12-12, 08:30 AM
Good luck .... Title sorted .... ;)

Cheers.

I weighed up my gold last night, I've only got a few things that the wife bought me when we first got together, and it came to £900, but I can't sell those as they have sentimental value.

On the other hand, I weighed all the wifes gold, and it came to £5100!!!

I reckon she should sell a few of her items to help me :)

Dan1971
07-12-12, 08:32 AM
If you're weighing up gold, then you really do want a ZS ... !

Stick a link up to your ebay seller stuff so we can have a butchers ....

littlened
07-12-12, 08:34 AM
If you're weighing up gold, then you really do want a ZS ... !

Stick a link up to your TF ...

I've got 3 old rings that I've not worn for years, priced them up online and apparently I'd get anywhere between £130 - £190. So I'm going to pop into town and see what they'd offer me.

Link to the TF.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230892106811?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I really need to get more pictures of the TF but it's in the garage and our streets are lethal with ice at the minute.

stamford
07-12-12, 08:37 AM
Best of luck with the TF sale, but it is the wrong time of the year really, people will be bargin hunting for soft tops this time of the year.

Sell the gold, it'll only sit gathering dust! I flogged most of mine as never used it.

Dan1971
07-12-12, 08:37 AM
I've got 3 old rings that I've not worn for years, priced them up online and apparently I'd get anywhere between £130 - £190. So I'm going to pop into town and see what they'd offer me.

Link to the TF.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230892106811?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I really need to get more pictures of the TF but it's in the garage and our streets are lethal with ice at the minute.

Looks nice - my TF was exactly the same, but I bought that set of alloys for it and it had a Miltek quad exhaust - great fun.

littlened
07-12-12, 08:46 AM
Yeh I know, wrong time of year, hopefully I can raise enough money without selling the TF, I'd really love to keep it.

So if anyone needs a pair of KV6 heads...

littlened
07-12-12, 09:14 AM
How cools is that, I've just had a look around in the garage and found a Diesel Astra tuning box that I completely forgot I had.

That's going on ebay, could net me another £80.

Got an engine hoist as well, but I think I've already got a buyer for that too, another £80.

Just about to put 2 KV6 cam sensors on ebay as well.

stamford
07-12-12, 09:45 AM
A hoist is what I am after, but alas too far :sad:

What's this tuning box? What engine is this for? Just curious as have a 1.9 CDTi.

littlened
07-12-12, 10:26 AM

What's this tuning box? What engine is this for? Just curious as have a 1.9 CDTi.

its for the vauxhall 1.9 cdti 150

stamford
07-12-12, 10:42 AM
What does it do?, I was looking to get it mapped some time next year.

littlened
07-12-12, 10:48 AM
What does it do?, I was looking to get it mapped some time next year.

You connect it to your battery, and then onto the fuel rail.

It increases power from about 150 to 200bhp.

MG mad
07-12-12, 11:19 AM
Take the gold thing a bit further... Do a stock take of your house, work out how much all your clothes/books/DVDs/etc are worth and compare to the wife's. In the case that things come out in your favour, use in all future arguments regarding purchases.

Then sleep on the couch.

stamford
07-12-12, 11:42 AM
You connect it to your battery, and then onto the fuel rail.

It increases power from about 150 to 200bhp.

Seems a little dubious, sounds like an ebay special. I know nothing about these so am being a tad sceptical, sorry! Got anything to back this up, like reviews etc? Nothing personal, just like to know more about things before jumping in with both feet.

littlened
07-12-12, 12:09 PM
Seems a little dubious, sounds like an ebay special. I know nothing about these so am being a tad sceptical, sorry! Got anything to back this up, like reviews etc? Nothing personal, just like to know more about things before jumping in with both feet.

If you type dtuk into google you should get their website.

You can also ask about them on the Astra owners network, very popular. It doesn't half make a different to the car.

stamford
07-12-12, 12:18 PM
Cheers for that, will check it out ta.

talkingcars
07-12-12, 08:45 PM

If you need to borrow one I have one, fits in a ZS saloon, just.

stamford
07-12-12, 09:08 PM
If you need to borrow one I have one, fits in a ZS saloon, just.

Thanks James. I can borrow one from work but it is a tad long and very heavy. Just managed to get it into the Disco last time.

daytona365
07-12-12, 09:22 PM
Good luck with all the sale, shame there is nothing Id want, otherwise ID buy it, always ready to help another ZS owner.

littlened
10-12-12, 07:35 AM
Well,

The Mk2 fund is making progress. Almost £900 now.

Hopefully the ZS sells for £600 and that'll take me to my £1500 (ish) budget, and I won't have had to sell the TF. Although I have a few bills I'd like to clear before the baby arrives, so I'll probably still sell the TF.