09-12-12, 05:48 PM
Just put this up on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230894968337

andys1981
09-12-12, 06:40 PM
jesus you had to be selling in december lol,it should sell at that price mate

Dan1971
09-12-12, 06:41 PM
Shame it's going just after you've sorted it .... All the best though.

Steven11
09-12-12, 07:42 PM
Still cant believe you can buy a car that drives and looks like that for £600. Good luck with the sale :thumbsup:

Lukeus101
10-12-12, 06:00 AM
A lot of car for not a lot of money

littlened
11-12-12, 09:04 AM
Been up for sale almost 48 hours now. Got 4 watchers and I've had one enquiry from someone asking what performance is like in comparison to a ZR 160, and then telling me a V6 should way better than a ZR 160!!!

I would of thought at the price I've got it up for it would of generated a little more interest than that.

Dan1971
11-12-12, 09:10 AM
Been up for sale almost 48 hours now. Got 4 watchers and I've had one enquiry from someone asking what performance is like in comparison to a ZR 160, and then telling me a V6 should way better than a ZR 160!!!

I would of thought at the price I've got it up for it would of generated a little more interest than that.

In my experience watchers count for nothing .... I'm watching a load of cars right now, that I will never own - but I'm just interested to see what they go for !

The time of year ain't going to mean that you'll get a quick sale mate to be honest .... The ZR guy is probably interested and it's not just a figures thing ... it's the way the V6 delivers that makes the difference.

littlened
11-12-12, 03:37 PM
Looks like I've had one offer via ebay, £450.

When I submitted the ad I told ebay to reject all offers under a certain amount.

petet16
11-12-12, 03:43 PM
It's worth a lot more than £450 imo.

Smokey
11-12-12, 04:02 PM
If I had a reservation about buying it, it would be because there was obviously engine issues (well documented) but I would be more confident had the car been running sweetly for a few months since the repairs. Just my 2 cents

littlened
11-12-12, 04:32 PM
If I had a reservation about buying it, it would be because there was obviously engine issues (well documented) but I would be more confident had the car been running sweetly for a few months since the repairs. Just my 2 cents

I agree. Although if I am honest I don't think it will sell to an enthusiast, more than likely someone just wanting a cheap car.

I have been running the car for the last month now, at a reduced performance, but that issue is resolved and so far everything seems ok.

The original engine issue was main bearing failure, probably down to lack of maintenance.

The second engine was a duff engine.

The third engine is solid, but had had the timing belts incorrectly fitted.

I don't see why the car couldn't now run for miles and miles, especially with a little tlc.

If it wasn't for the fact I am selling the TF, I'd be keeping this. But as I am getting rid of my pride and joy I need to replace with a other pride and joy.

Smokey
11-12-12, 04:34 PM
I agree, it should run perfectly now and you put in the time and effort to fix it where others would have given up!

I think you should keep it too but you have also put in an amazing effort to get that mk2 you want!

talkingcars
11-12-12, 05:37 PM
If the current engine came from a ZT190 it should be a tad better than O/E even without the improved map - might be worth mentioning that to the ZR man.

littlened
11-12-12, 06:44 PM
If the current engine came from a ZT190 it should be a tad better than O/E even without the improved map - might be worth mentioning that to the ZR man.

It came from a 160 automatic.

Had a text from someone this evening asking if he can come have a look. I think he's on his way, fingers crossed.

Only problem is, the oil light has come on. There's plenty of oil and no leaks, so I think it has something to do with the oil pressure sensor I disconnected and re-connected at the weekend. I've had a fiddle but couldn't sort it (in the dark).

Might have to knock something off to pay for a replacement sensor.

Smokey
11-12-12, 06:50 PM
If it is the sensor? This would be my concern. Keep the car a while, getting it reliable and fix the door. Then sell it for a decent price.

littlened
11-12-12, 06:54 PM
If it is the sensor? This would be my concern. Keep the car a while, getting it reliable and fix the door. Then sell it for a decent price.

Pretty sure it's the sensor. It came on after I sorted the timing and I disconnected the sensor plug, and took out the oil pipe that goes into the sump. So I think it's one of those.

An easy fix in the light.

What else could it be? Surely the oil pump wouldn't pack in at exactly the same time as I'd done the timing?

Smokey
11-12-12, 07:00 PM
I'm no expert, I just don't want to see you get rid quickly and end up with repercussions just because you didn't take time to ensure everything is running fine.

Think how you felt when you got 2 dodgy engines, wouldn't wish that on anyone!

littlened
11-12-12, 07:06 PM
I've asked if he wants to come tomorrow instead, explained the oil light has come on and said I want to check it over before I sell it.

petet16
11-12-12, 07:10 PM
You haven't driven through any large puddles recently, if water gets on the sensor plug it can make the light come on, you'd know if it had no oil pressure, it would rattle like f**k.

talkingcars
11-12-12, 07:16 PM
It came from a 160 automatic.

So it's running 160bhp?

littlened
11-12-12, 07:33 PM
So it's running 160bhp?

No, the 160 engine is the same as the 180 engine.

The engine was restricted using engine mapping, different sized inlet and I believe a smaller exhaust.

They did it because the auto box couldn't handle the power I think.

littlened
11-12-12, 07:36 PM
You haven't driven through any large puddles recently, if water gets on the sensor plug it can make the light come on, you'd know if it had no oil pressure, it would rattle like f**k.

Nope. The light was on after I fixed the timing, so it has something to do with that, and I'm pretty sure it's the sensor/plug. I assumed it was the plug, and as the car drives perfectly fine thought I'd have a look at it one lunch time.

I did lose a little oil when I pulled the dipstick tube out, but I topped it back up again.

I'm pretty sure it's something really silly, I'll re-check the plug tomorrow and the dipstick tube. I'll also check all the pipes are connected to the head/inlet correctly.

I've text the lad to say not to come, but no-response.

Dan1971
11-12-12, 07:48 PM
The 160 is also a manual ZT engine - The ZT auto was 180bhp.

littlened
12-12-12, 09:46 AM
Oil light fixed.

It was just the plug to the sensor.

Lukeus101
12-12-12, 10:12 AM
Glad its fixed mate :)

littlened
12-12-12, 11:17 AM
7 watchers now, and I've had another message from someone asking what the best price is I can offer. He gets paid next friday apparently.

Lukeus101
12-12-12, 11:31 AM
dont let people f*** you over on price mate

stamford
12-12-12, 11:56 AM
7 watchers now, and I've had another message from someone asking what the best price is I can offer. He gets paid next friday apparently.

I always reply with a higher asking price, that soon shuts them up! Had a few after my daughters car, all tried knocking me down, didn't budge as knew it would sell.

littlened
12-12-12, 12:46 PM
I've gave the car a quick wash and uploaded some additional pictures to the listing on ebay.

littlened
13-12-12, 09:02 AM
Well, that lad never got back to me about the car. Maybe the oil light scared him off.

littlened
15-12-12, 11:24 AM
I made a video today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw2euKJX35w

petet16
15-12-12, 11:31 AM
Looks in good shape apart from the rear door and bumper.

peterzs
15-12-12, 11:35 AM
Good vid, looks a clean car.

littlened
15-12-12, 11:38 AM
Looks in good shape apart from the rear door and bumper.

Yep, just needs a little TLC, there isn't anything major wrong with the car.

littlened
18-12-12, 01:36 PM
Had five offers via ebay so far.

£450
£400
£450
£475
£450

All automatically rejected.

One of them was not far from the auto-reject threshold.

Stev180
18-12-12, 03:24 PM
Good luck with the sale! Just watched the video and the number plate reads Holden as a dealer, is that Holden Norwich?! Just interested lol