PDA

View Full Version : Would you expect ...

Ippon
09-12-12, 08:39 PM
The mk2 180 (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221162544113?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649) @ Harrogate is being sold by Marc Nordon Racing (http://www.mnrltd.co.uk/index2.html)
When I emailed some questions ...... I was told no service history lost when moved house, no knowledge of cam belt change, no know faults as used by missus etc etc ... sound reasonable for a a company that claims ... Welcome to MNR LTD

From Our rural location in North Yorkshire, we design, manufacture, and build a range of exciting Sportscars designed for the road and track. With a host of machinery at our disposal we also design and manufacture many one off / batch coponents, and rapid prototypes. Please see our services menu for more information

Ippon
09-12-12, 08:40 PM
I am going to view it tomorrow ..... maybe a cambelt change could be a good negotiating with MNR?

Supercharged_Z
09-12-12, 08:43 PM
interior is a bit gash... but if it ticks your boxes and seems ok then the zs isnt a bad chassis looked after or abused.

Nobrainer
09-12-12, 08:45 PM
Sounds like he just doesn't want to bring his work home with him, which is fair enough. Don't expect it to be a pampered race car though from the sounds of it.

talkingcars
09-12-12, 08:47 PM
I was bidding on that, guess it's the 3rd mk2 I've missed out on in 2 weeks :(

stamford
09-12-12, 09:32 PM
:hmmm: wonder if he is related to Dennis Norden?.......................The comedy writer.

peterzs
10-12-12, 10:08 AM
All down to how it goes, quick drive will soon let you know.

Looks good.

littlened
10-12-12, 10:17 AM
When's the test drive?

Ippon
10-12-12, 05:07 PM
Been today ...... 1st time in a ZED, so nowt to compare with .....
o

good -seemed to drive well ...... no knocks etc
body looked ok, but had not been cleaned so not so easy to tell

not so good -
absolutely no history ... no v5 to hand
looks like something small/metallic but heavy has been dropped on the roof, as the dints have deeply scratched the paint, down to the metal ..... so guess dint man/fill + paint
water in the spare wheel well
nearside passenger door handle comes away from the door
water ingress in the front fogs
all wheels are kerbed
badges are peeling
owner did not show much enthusiasm, told me the car is barely used etc, so I guess this would be reflected in the "looked after" stakes

Question:should the doors shut with a gentle push, as I had to bang them to shut

peterzs
10-12-12, 05:21 PM
water is a problem, but should be help on here, rubbers on the lights, boot seals etc.

Handles are know to pull away from the fixings, scrap yard or plastic weld stuff

new fogs

common fault with the MK2 wheels, mine were all stuffed and I've not helped.

Badges all seem to fade, Dazzer is doing replacement ones.

Doors do need a bit of a bang but not excessive.

Belts £500 odd

roof £200/300 odd.

Was the clutch OK??

petet16
10-12-12, 05:39 PM
Nothing out of the ordinary regarding water leaks and broken door handles.

Shame about the damage to the roof, and no history.

talkingcars
10-12-12, 05:49 PM
I'm biding on this, up to £670 and still not cleared the reserve.