PDA

View Full Version : Help, drivers door wont open.

Mathew_ZS
18-12-12, 06:00 PM
Evening guys, not ZS related but still within the MG family..

My dad's MGF drivers door will not open for some reason, The door lock pins inside the car both pop up but almost immediately go back down, we are having to get the passenger door open before it re-locks itself to climb through as the drivers door wont open with the lock pin up or down or even with the key.

unusual that we can still manage to get in through the passenger but the drivers door isn't having any of it.

This all happened after my dad 'deadlocked' the car one evening.

Any suggestions or possible causes? any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Mathew.

M17TT180
18-12-12, 06:17 PM
My only suggestion would be to disconnect the battery for 30 mins or so to 'reset the ecu' which might clear this glitch. I'd wait for someone with better knowledge to come along first as I've not great knowledge of MG's but this was always the first port of call on the fords I have owned over the years.

Mathew_ZS
18-12-12, 06:20 PM
My only suggestion would be to disconnect the battery for 30 mins or so to 'reset the ecu' which might clear this glitch. I'd wait for someone with better knowledge to come along first as I've not great knowledge of MG's but this was always the first port of call on the fords I have owned over the years.

Thanks for the advice mate, i will give that a go tomorrow and see what happens.

peterzs
18-12-12, 06:23 PM
I'm on the t-bar forum with my TF, in their How to's is this:-

http://www.the-t-bar.com/en/forum/25-adamelphick-s-guides/43407-passenger-lock-jammed-yes-you-guessed-it-locked?limit=10&start=30

sounds like it could be the actual lock.

:smile1::smile1::smile1:

talkingcars
18-12-12, 09:21 PM
I would suspect the micro switch within the drivers door lock but as Pete says the best place to ask is on the T bar.