PDA

View Full Version : New type B torsen

petet16
20-12-12, 02:54 PM
Not mine, but a brand new and unused type B torsen has appeared for sale on RT.

http://www.rovertech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=140423

Maxxed_Ross
20-12-12, 09:02 PM
goldie was looking for a diff yesterday too

petet16
20-12-12, 09:04 PM
I think goldie is on the case already

talkingcars
20-12-12, 09:33 PM
Not mine, but a brand new and unused type B torsen has appeared for sale on RT.

http://www.rovertech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=140423

Cheers Pete, I pmailed the guy with an offer but haven't heard back.

I thought Goldie got a torsen with Jays car.

petet16
20-12-12, 09:36 PM
You may be right James, I'm not sure what username goldie uses on RT.

*edit* it's goldie,lol

ZRed
20-12-12, 11:33 PM

I thought Goldie got a torsen with Jays car.

Yup that's right.

talkingcars
21-12-12, 04:07 PM

Someone has offered him £150.

ZRed
21-12-12, 10:22 PM
Yup again, me.

talkingcars
21-12-12, 10:35 PM
In which case you are twice as likely to get it than I am!

The last one I bought included a gearbox and was £20, the one before was £150 and came with a complete T16 tubby and gearbox!

(yeah, I know they were used but even so)

ZRed
21-12-12, 10:45 PM
I pay £75 - £100 for secondhand gearboxes with lsd's, but try and buy one just now. Non-existent. £150 for a spanking new diff is cheap. Same on ebay just now at over £300. With all due respect, you can't expect to pay bottom dollar then moan when you don't get things.

grimmy
21-12-12, 10:51 PM
I pay £75 - £100 for secondhand gearboxes with lsd's, but try and buy one just now. Non-existent. £150 for a spanking new diff is cheap. Same on ebay just now at over £300. With all due respect, you can't expect to pay bottom dollar then moan when you don't get things.
stop typing and get fitting lol.
i am sitting here with my beer worrying about my poor old lonely car minus its lovely warm garage that its used to :noexpression:

ZRed
21-12-12, 11:56 PM
I typed that before my chinese was on its way home.

talkingcars
22-12-12, 07:19 AM
............With all due respect, you can't expect to pay bottom dollar then moan when you don't get things.

Nah worries Jimmy, it's the canny Scots in me that will nee pay more than ah need ta (parents were both Scotish and both brought up durring the war).

Smokey
22-12-12, 08:16 AM
Are you saying we Scots are tight? I'm just no' buyin' that! :laugh:

talkingcars
22-12-12, 08:39 AM
Are you saying we Scots are tight? I'm just no' buyin' that! :laugh:

Not at all old chap, one is just saying that one is wise with ones money.

Smokey
22-12-12, 08:40 AM
Need to be these days lol!

ZRed
22-12-12, 09:13 AM
Not at all old chap, one is just saying that one is wise with ones money.

That is also why one constantly moans about missing out on things. I hope you've sent the wife for the turkey, as you'd be sitting on Boxing Day writing posts about how you'd missed out on 3, blaming the butcher for trying to make a living!

talkingcars
22-12-12, 09:57 AM
Not moaning, just commenting, if I'd got them for the price I'm offering I'd be dead chuffed, I could afford more, got cash in the bank enough to pay for the top priced ZS on ebay but don't want to spend the money.

Perhaps the offers I've put in have been playing a bit on the "everyone is skint on the run up to christmas", the offer I made you for Jays car did mention this.

The offer I made Jay on his car was similar to what you offered, he told me he would have accepted mine if you hadn't paid the deposit when he saw mine, the only stumbling block he had on my first offer was the collection date but I got around this. And I would have incurred the same costs picking it up from him as you did and it would have cost me more to collect it from you.

Some of the work I asked you to do would have given you more profit than if you hadn't done it, for instance the interior swap gave you the better interior to do what you wanted, I only needed a seat to get the car home. Yes it was a low offer but if you don't try you don't win............

Christmas dinner is sorted, not having turkey, IIRC it's venison and something else but I can't remember what, ordered online from M&S and pick it up this afternoon.

I have worked for myself, I know better than many the costs of business so would never complain about someone trying to make a living.

No point in moaning if I put in a cheap offer and don't win!

ZRed
22-12-12, 10:07 AM
I agree with all of that, apart from the bit about me making profit from your offer, that's not correct in any shape or form.

Anyway merry Xmas, enjoy yourself.

talkingcars
22-12-12, 10:12 AM
I agree with all of that, apart from the bit about me making profit from your offer, that's not correct in any shape or form.

Anyway merry Xmas, enjoy yourself.

Only if you charge for your time - LOL

Merry christmas back at you.

Witnes$
22-12-12, 11:48 AM
I was the one that offered £150 for it, seller came back said they had another offer of £160, s##t ain't eBay! Anyone know the seller and if they're reliable?

petet16
22-12-12, 11:55 AM
He's been a member for 6 years, but only 36 posts, and no f/b.

ZRed
22-12-12, 01:00 PM
I offered £150 after 3 folk had viewed the thread

Maxxed_Ross
22-12-12, 10:15 PM
its a bit like that over there just now. in the old days the first person that made a decent offer was given it pending payment. changed times

Witnes$
26-12-12, 01:36 PM
Well I've no idea what happened with this. I agreed a figure with the seller and not heard anything for a few days so messaged them saying what up? Reply I get said it's been sold. Wtf! Next messaged I get 'too slow mate' What a *****! Terrible seller and sloppy moderation.

petet16
26-12-12, 01:56 PM
He's been a member for 6 years, but only 36 posts, and no f/b.

One of the dangers of dealing with noobs I'm afraid

Witnes$
26-12-12, 02:02 PM
Too true. Had a suspicion he was a bit spec ops from the initial pm's. Won't be surprised if he's trying to pull a fast one.

petet16
26-12-12, 02:23 PM
It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.