PDA

View Full Version : Non zed help

scotttait
21-12-12, 05:54 PM
Hi guys,

I've been offered a 56 clio, 1.5d for a small amount of cash, it's in need of some work. Basically the injection system has corroded so is in need of new injectors fuel pump, high pressure pipes and fuel tank and pipes flushed, aswell as maybe an engine flush new oil and filter etc. pretty straight forward job it seems but does anyone have any knowledge of difficulties, ie reprogramming injectors (even if I'm buyin second hand ones?)

Pinto
21-12-12, 08:37 PM
Cost it carefully. Modern HP diesel pumps and injectors can cost £££££ ! and second hand ones cant always be recoded or reused.

Maxxed_Ross
21-12-12, 09:06 PM
its small and French... run away!

stamford
21-12-12, 09:46 PM
That sounds like a moneypit, however I would question why no-one has repaired it?

scotttait
21-12-12, 10:04 PM
I know the boy selling it, and he hasn't fixed it because he simply doesn't have the money, changing the required parts an doing the flushing is pretty straight forward, however I don't know if parts need recoded. So will check with a few mates tomorrow.

peterzs
21-12-12, 10:05 PM
Daughter bought a Clio, asked me to look it over, all seemed OK, first thing wrong was that the seat wouldnt lift up. She wanted it on the highest point. Took it into a main dealer as I thought it would be just a spring or some thing gone. Nooooo £950 plus fitting, for a complete new drivers seat. Had it welded up for £50 in the end.

Then the computer put it into limp home mode as the gearbox wanted fixing. Auto box put on diagnostic and £350 late two solinodes changed!!!

I'd ask a local Rentec garage, think they are a franchise set up, Cheap labour rates and Renault trained guys. Might give you a few ideas of costs.

http://www.rentechrepairs.co.uk/modules/liaise/

Craig-ZS180
21-12-12, 11:04 PM
That will probably be running a Siemens injection system on that, maybe wrong but I supplied a few injectors through work to a customer for one of these a couple of months ago. As a guide injectors are probably going to be between 100 - 130 each, fuel pump another good 160 and fuel lines generally are dealer only unless you can find a decent 2nd hand set so god knows price on those.
I think if its Siemens they are the ones that come ready programmed to the vehicle specs which is why you have to be so certain to get the right ones.

Only putting the prices as a guide as since we started doing a lot of common rail diesel parts we go through them quite quickly.

Ritchy
21-12-12, 11:14 PM
phone argyl diesel and ask them, they know there stuff

talkingcars
22-12-12, 08:21 AM
6 year old car that won't be worth that much any way, spend several hundred on those parts and a couple of days - what will it be worth?

Not worth doing IMHO.