PDA

View Full Version : Private plate for Xmas

grimmy
26-12-12, 01:26 PM
My amazing wife got this for me for my Christmas. Well happy

stamford
26-12-12, 01:58 PM
Very nice grimmy, a very nice pressie to get, I bet you are well made up!

grimmy
26-12-12, 02:22 PM
Very nice grimmy, a very nice pressie to get, I bet you are well made up!

Yeah Mick well pleased.never been a big fan of them, but when you see it on your own car it seems to be different lol. My missus is amazing when it comes to the car and pretty much encourages my obsession with it she even nudged me towards the slippy diff gearbox and decat the other week.the old zed has had a lot of attention lavished on it over the silly season.the diff and decat make it drive like a different car.the sound is incredible and the box is superb tight as a drum and its amazing coming off roundabouts and bends with out having to lift of the gas because of understeer.just need to give it a wash now.lol

BUCKYDEVIL
26-12-12, 02:36 PM
Looking good mate & Im wondering with all the attention & encouragement your Mrs has been putting towards the car - Has a secret plan to pass her test & take it from you ?
Good to see the buggy being treated well.

peterzs
26-12-12, 02:44 PM
Looking good, what a great pressie!!!!

Well done Mrs Santa.

:santa::santa::santa::santa::clap::clap::clap:

stamford
26-12-12, 02:55 PM
The decat is great when coupled to a good exhaust, brings the kid out in everyone! I have yet to experience the LSD as the box I have needs a rebuild as is noisy and tight. The lightened flywheel makes up for it for now ;)

welshone
26-12-12, 03:48 PM
Very nice I got a blue tax disc with a ZS engraved on the back :) shame the ZS might be going :laugh:

grimmy
26-12-12, 04:09 PM
Very nice I got a blue tax disc with a ZS engraved on the back :) shame the ZS might be going :laugh:

Got a nice brushed aluminium tax disc holder as well with the mg logo its nice.why you getting rid it looks a nice car.

Smokey
26-12-12, 04:36 PM
Looks great bud, so glad you have the car back up to and beyond the norm!

As for awesome wives, tell me about it! You saw how mine made sure I bought the wheels I wanted! Now she pressuring me to get my arse to Goldie to source and fix the rattle! Not to mention her efforts fixing the brake caliper which has lasted through the 200+ mile Christmas period!

We struck gold mate!

welshone
26-12-12, 04:42 PM
Got a nice brushed aluminium tax disc holder as well with the mg logo its nice.why you getting rid it looks a nice car.

Too many problems and the starting problem I have at the moment is the nail in the coffin for it as me as the owner. I'll get it back on the road but more than likely get a new car in the spring. I've got a number of ideas for future cars and projects and it will be based still in the MG Rover family.

grimmy
26-12-12, 04:49 PM
Looks great bud, so glad you have the car back up to and beyond the norm!

As for awesome wives, tell me about it! You saw how mine made sure I bought the wheels I wanted! Now she pressuring me to get my arse to Goldie to source and fix the rattle! Not to mention her efforts fixing the brake caliper which has lasted through the 200+ mile Christmas period!

We struck gold mate! glad to hear the brakes are holding up and yeah get it to goldies and get it sorted and yes agreed I think we struck gold.

Too many problems and the starting problem I have at the moment is the nail in the coffin for it as me as the owner. I'll get it back on the road but more than likely get a new car in the spring. I've got a number of ideas for future cars and projects and it will be based still in the MG Rover family.

Shame its causing you grief but suppose when the time comes the time comes

Nor
26-12-12, 05:14 PM
Superb Grimmy, looks great.

Dan1971
26-12-12, 06:23 PM
I'm like you ... Not keen until I got one. Love mine - sitting in the shed at the moment as I'm not sure what to put it on as I've spent so much money transferring it from car to car over the last couple of years !