PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a link

ianinfrance
02-01-13, 08:06 PM
Hi,

Sorry of this has been answered a 1000 times before. Is there a link or a list of parts that are hard to come by or no longer available please?

Just trying to pin down which model/year might be better/worse to look at?

Cheers

Happy New Year!!!!

Ian

Supercharged_Z
02-01-13, 08:53 PM
Hi Ian

Probably nothing around as it did change a lot in the past.

If your after trying to keep your car on the road with little risk then a ZS MK1 2001-2004 would be best as there are many cars out there if you needed spares that were NLA.

Bodykit parts on the MK2 a harder to get hold off.

Regards

Ross

KevG
03-01-13, 08:41 AM
thepart.com is one site
rimmerbros.co.uk is another

petet16
03-01-13, 09:18 AM
www.mgroverpartfinder.co.uk is another useful site, and south lakes mini centre

talkingcars
03-01-13, 06:18 PM
Most parts are still available new except for a few of the body parts and these are available second hand.

Mechanically most engine parts for the 1.8 and diesel can be found on Rover 45, 25, ZR and even MGF/TF and a few on Rover 100 as well as older rover 400 and 200.

The diesel engine has been around since the 1980's.

The V6 engine is also found in the freelander and the ZT/Rover 75.

I think the hardest parts to find are Mk2 body kit and door handles in the correct colour.

ianinfrance
04-01-13, 07:02 PM
Thank you for the replies.

I did sort of expect that this was the case but it's nice to have it confirmed.

I am having to be patient about this purchase as I don't know how the year is going to go. Isn't self employment grand?

You might have guessed I am not the usual age group for these cars but who cares! I still love driving and like drivers cars and where I live in France has some superb roads for a car with the right abilities. Keep threatening to put the headcam on the front grill and film a couple of local nice B road journeys.

I go slower these days but don't hang about if I feel confident in the car road etc.

Have to be careful about what I drive (some people don't like too flash) if you get my drift. Canny is OK Flash less so!

So looked at ZT's but no one here could get me out of a hole if it went badly wrong. A T4 this side of Toulouse? Don't think so!

Everything else is too big (lots of small roads to get to my clients) too small for the occasional 3/4 hours on the motorway, too flash, too expensive to keep on the road, too dull, or too complicated for me to do most of the work, or too expensive to buy (too many other bits of kit to play with!!!!).

You end up with a very short list of cars if you put all that together.

I have to say thus far that you have a nice forum here, balance seems about right.

regards Ian

daytona365
04-01-13, 07:23 PM
Hope you find your perfect ZS...You wont be disappointed..........

talkingcars
05-01-13, 11:50 AM
You might have guessed I am not the usual age group for these cars but who cares!

We have teenagers to retired people here which means you are to young to drive or are dead!

ianinfrance
05-01-13, 04:33 PM
We have teenagers to retired people here which means you are to young to drive or are dead!

Still in the middle bit then! :cool2: