PDA

View Full Version : Sorry looking ZS

stamford
22-12-07, 06:16 PM
I decided to brave the cold today and got the zed up off all fours sitting on axle stands. Wheels are now off ready to drop them into the local tyre unit to get the rubber removed in readiness to drop them off for dressing, bead blasting and powder coating :D January will see it with some new booties :D.

The only downer I can see is the centre cap MG logos, as two of them have started to lift a little, so Ralph, if you are reading this, can these still be purchased? Otherwise I'll get them to mask these off and work around them as is.

Battery is out on charge and I will be giving the surrounding area where it sits a good clean and oiling. Some pipes are off as I hope to get some replacement silicon jobbies. Think I'll also give the engine a good clean and light oiling as the aluminium is going a bit 'off' due to the lack of use and dampness in there, surprising how quick it can discolour.

Fingers crossed Santa will have brought me a couple of ZS goodies to install ;) I have been a good boy this year :D

Also going to remove the cat and get a bypass pattern made up from this. Happy Holidays :D

Boot Hill Bandit
22-12-07, 06:44 PM
Sounds good! :D

I will try and remember that on Monday......other than that text me Monday as a reminder :laugh:

Granville

arwilson80
22-12-07, 09:32 PM
I see the Christmas break is going to be busy for some people. :)

Maxxed_Ross
23-12-07, 08:08 AM
Mine are the same, they have gone so dark you can't even see the MG logo any more!

RalphG
23-12-07, 10:54 PM
We can get new centre caps for the Straights, but only the later plastic type. I have a set of reasonable condition metal ones from my mk1, though.