PDA

View Full Version : theMGZs.co.uk group courier...

DuckFeet
09-01-13, 07:25 PM
Is anyone within a convenient distance of Keighely in NW yorkshire who might be able to help out?

The mission:
Collect a paid-for ZR backbox from Keighley and get it back to Swindon by passing it to fellow site members to see if this idea could work? No special journeys just conveniently meeting to hand over this small item :)

Might be able to do Nottingham when I visit my Folks, potentially Worksop Sheffield too.

I can't offer petrol monies as I don't know how much it might come out as so will see if this can work based on just helping each other out. I wouldn't mention this if it wasn't something I was prepared to do but I only commute 17 miles so not massively helpful except the road trip to Notts once a month.

Happy to be told this is a stupid idea, especially as it's for a ZS...

Skillen
09-01-13, 07:37 PM
I'm doing a round trip to Norwich down A1 then back to cumbria via M6 on Friday 19th if you want I could get it from someone taking it to the A1 then drop it off when I come back through bham

DuckFeet
10-01-13, 12:36 PM
Need someone to collect it first, but the offer os appreciated even if I cannot accept it yet.

petet16
10-01-13, 12:57 PM
It's not a stupid idea at all, it used to work really well on RT.

Skillen
10-01-13, 02:13 PM
I'm doing a round trip to Norwich down A1 then back to cumbria via M6 on Friday 19th if you want I could get it from someone taking it to the A1 then drop it off when I come back through bham

Just to clear up my offer, I'm actually traveling down on Friday the 18th (date error)
And back from Norwich on the 22nd if the wait isn't a problem I don't mind.

DuckFeet
11-01-13, 10:04 PM
For this weekend only, it only has to make it as far as Manchester, I can't do the two hour round trip for it sadly.

James Raby
14-01-13, 02:12 PM
Just to clear up my offer, I'm actually traveling down on Friday the 18th (date error)
And back from Norwich on the 22nd if the wait isn't a problem I don't mind.

im in norwich :nuke:

Skillen
14-01-13, 03:14 PM
im in norwich :nuke:

Looks like a warning that haha!

Offers still open from Leeds junction A1 if needs be :)

James Raby
14-01-13, 03:25 PM
nah, its ok just full of :pirate2: here lol

might be about if you fancy a bite to eat or whatver

Skillen
14-01-13, 04:01 PM
No need for pirates mate, I'm coming to see the other half!
That said I've seen some nice people and some not so nice!

Would have if the mrs wasn't off with me all the days I'm there (bar the last day) so maybe on the Tuesday before I head off home.

James Raby
14-01-13, 04:37 PM
pm me if you wish, work in norwich so not an issue (where you visting)

Skillen
14-01-13, 05:19 PM
Just off unthank road she lives now so it'll be round there.
Will do

James Raby
14-01-13, 07:34 PM
Just by chapelfield shopping centre, easy to find tbh.
Yeah let us know

Skillen
14-01-13, 07:44 PM
Just by chapelfield shopping centre, easy to find tbh.
Yeah let us know

I have no idea where that is lol! I've probably been there though
This is my third visit.

Anyway back on topic as I say I'm more than happy to cart stuff for anyone on my way around the country if need be!

DuckFeet
04-03-13, 12:53 PM
I'm doing Swindon to Manchester and back on thursday, worth a shot if anyone has anything to move? Can only do big stuff like wheels on the way up...