PDA

View Full Version : Saltire or St George / Chequered Flag Badges

Stafainn
23-12-07, 09:16 AM
I sold a couple of these badges to one of your members (Graham Kane) yesterday and he asked me to post on here because he thought that others would be interested.

I don't have a ZS, but I do have an MGF as well as an MGZR and the badges were originally made up for those of us in the Central Scotland MGF Group. The Union Flag / Chequered Flag ones that are fitted as standard are pretty poor quality and so we got some chromed metal ones with a hard enamel finish made (approx. 48mm x 28mm). In addition to the St Andrews Flag ones I also have St George Flag ones and I'm selling them at £5 each (expensive doing small runs I'm afraid) which includes free delivery to anywhere in the UK. If anyone is interested contact me at dc@csmgf.co.uk

http://www.csmgf.co.uk/temp/flag_badges.jpg

stamford
23-12-07, 09:25 AM
I may be interested in a couple after xmas. Welcome along too.

Stafainn
23-12-07, 09:27 AM
I may be interested in a couple after xmas. Welcome along too.

grimmy
23-12-07, 10:34 AM
yeah welcome to the site glad you found us. as was posted i bought these badges yesterday and can confirm the quality really sturdy well made and look excellent and at a fiver a pop they are cheaper than i have seen anywhere else. will put up some pics when they are on.

Maxxed_Ross
23-12-07, 11:47 AM
I just bought a set of these off ebay from you I'm sure

I can vouch for the quality, they are fantastic!

Welcome to the site, you need to get the rest of your clan along to our monthly meet at Falkirk Cruise

grimmy
23-12-07, 04:51 PM
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u173/grimmy1973/DSC00571.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u173/grimmy1973/DSC00570.jpg

Put the badges on today and they look excellent well worth the money

Mat C
24-12-07, 12:42 AM
And yet more encouragement of the de-volution of the Union Jack is achieved. MG's arent English and they certainly aren't Scottish - they are British and anyone who decides against that is a traitor to their cars true heritage when they are making out that they are MG supporters ! ;)

I await your flaming for my honest post.

Craig
24-12-07, 06:27 AM
i used to have the saltire badges on my zr and my zs when i first got it. Im no traitor, I love MG's just because i want a little bit of individuality and to personalise my car doest make me a traitor. By that rational I should have no non OE spec parts from other countries on my car either, in other words , poppycock old chap :D

Mat C
24-12-07, 08:26 AM
Haha, a fair response if ever i read one ! :D :beer2:

grimmy
24-12-07, 01:42 PM
It is MY car i am scottish and i want to put the badges on MY car it still has the MG badges on it which show the cars heritage if you dont like it then tough. people can do what they like to their own car get a grip you maniac

Mat C
24-12-07, 04:21 PM
Whoa there fella, i said it with a ;) smilie at the end of it to signal that it was meant tongue in cheek. If i'm a maniac then you are equaly a cretin for not reading it correctly ! :spank:

Boot Hill Bandit
24-12-07, 04:39 PM
******* hell..........World War 3 is gonna break out just before Christmas Day!!!!!! argh!?!?!?

:soldiers:

Granville

arwilson80
24-12-07, 04:42 PM
No it ain't.... 'cause i'm here keeping an eye on you rowdies. :)

Boot Hill Bandit
24-12-07, 04:48 PM
No it ain't.... 'cause i'm here keeping an eye on you rowdies. :)

:sad: ohhhhhhh :sad:

I'm not rowdies :unsure: I'm James :stupid:

Granville

Mat C
24-12-07, 04:49 PM
No wars here chief, just me winding people up and getting exactly the reaction i hoped for !!! hahahahaha :D

KevG
24-12-07, 05:02 PM
What is with you fella!, your never content unless your winding some poor sod up!

You hailling from somewhere in Englandshire you should know never wind up the Scots, cause you WILL regret it, I can guarantee that for sure!:sly:

Boot Hill Bandit
24-12-07, 05:03 PM
No wars here chief, just me winding people up and getting exactly the reaction i hoped for !!! hahahahaha :D

:rofl:

Mat C
24-12-07, 05:15 PM
What is with you fella!, your never content unless your winding some poor sod up!

You hailling from somewhere in Englandshire you should know never wind up the Scots, cause you WILL regret it, I can guarantee that for sure!:sly:

Oh for god sake Kev, i'm having a bit of fun so chill out ! So then, explain to me what i'm going to regret and how you're going to achieve it ?

grimmy
24-12-07, 05:49 PM
Here he goes again and my browser doesn't show smilies so i never saw it and cretin is bit of a harsh word so does anybody want to buy any badges and stop spamming a legitimate thread

Mat C
24-12-07, 05:59 PM
Yes, actualy i must appolagise for spamming the thread but in fairness it's drawn attention towards the badges so alls not bad - bigger audience etc etc !

Anyway, i'm gonna have a nice cold beer now and calmly await an army of angry Scottish MG owners coming around to sort me out ! :D ;)

grimmy
24-12-07, 06:06 PM
Yes, actualy i must appolagise for spamming the thread but in fairness it's drawn attention towards the badges so alls not bad - bigger audience etc etc !

Anyway, i'm gonna have a nice cold beer now and calmly await an army of angry Scottish MG owners coming around to sort me out ! :D ;)
Na screw that for a carry on i couldn't afford the petrol and why don't you buy a nice st georges cross badge or two while you are at it

stamford
24-12-07, 06:07 PM
I see a few boys on the naughty list this night :D

arwilson80
24-12-07, 06:08 PM
Oh for god sake Kev, i'm having a bit of fun so chill out ! So then, explain to me what i'm going to regret and how you're going to achieve it ?

Kev is just playing you at your own game... ;) :dots:

So.... Back on topic... :)

Mat C
24-12-07, 06:14 PM
I see a few boys on the naughty list this night :D

I consider my self told off - no presies for me tommorrow !

Mat C
24-12-07, 06:17 PM
Na screw that for a carry on i couldn't afford the petrol and why don't you buy a nice st georges cross badge or two while you are at it

Got any Maltese ones - that's my true flag ! :)

grimmy
24-12-07, 11:08 PM
is it a falcon or a falcoff cant remember tee hee

ja-mo4
25-12-07, 03:54 PM
are there any welsh versions to these ?

Stafainn
25-12-07, 11:23 PM
are there any welsh versions to these ?

Sorry, only Scottish and English ones just now. In the future if there is a demand for a Welsh Dragon I'll consider ordering some.

shroonie29
25-12-07, 11:30 PM
TBH mine didn't come with any.Would love to put some on,but my head is set to the "look" without

Shroon

KevG
26-12-07, 10:35 AM
Kev is just playing you at your own game... ;) :dots:

So.... Back on topic... :)

Thats right Al!

Maxxed_Ross
27-12-07, 07:49 AM
TBH mine didn't come with any.Would love to put some on,but my head is set to the "look" without

Shroon

I'll sell you my old ones off the ZR cheap, brand new since they were only on about a month. Need new sticky pads though

stamford
28-12-07, 09:03 AM
Many thanks DC, I received mine in the post this morning, very prompt service :thumbsup: and extremely good quality too :D

Craig
28-12-07, 12:37 PM
i got mine today too, excellent service. I previously bought similar saltire badges and these are much cheaper. Delivery was very quick

chriszs180
29-12-07, 11:09 AM
im after a set when i get back to london..
(st george ones that is)