PDA

View Full Version : T-series turbo conversion

StragglaSteve
13-01-13, 10:03 PM
Hello all, been off the scene for way too long and think i need a bit of help now.

I put the car on hold while i was saving £4k to do a decent job on a t-series engine swap (didnt realise how long it actually takes to save that kind of money!)

anyway, in that time it seems the big names like AA autosport and Rovertech have vanished! or at least im not doing a good job of finding them (think it was those guys. See its been so long im not even sure who im looking for anymore)

Do they still do the engine swaps? if not, is there anyone else? i wanted to have a few chats with them and way up my options before i get stuck in! i know Dan (carmadbaker) knows a fair bit and i can always pick his brain, but i havent really got the facilities to do it at home so thinking i might get the professionals to have a go for me.

lawrence-zs180
13-01-13, 10:22 PM
Aa are now amw motorsport... All the same but they do online sales and a few other bits. Good luck with the conversion

Maxxed_Ross
14-01-13, 08:31 AM
ZRed does conversions too :-)

StragglaSteve
14-01-13, 10:08 AM
ZRed, not heared of this guy, does he have a jobsite? or shall i just try and contact him on here?

Will try AMWmotorsports! if its the same guys then they should be perfect, seen some of the cars AAautosports did and they were spot on

peterzs
14-01-13, 10:19 AM
ZRed is a Site Trader, and has some good feedback.

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=115

Sounds like a good project, be good to see you when its done.

:bike::bike::wave::wave:

BUCKYDEVIL
14-01-13, 10:23 AM
ZRed, not heared of this guy, does he have a jobsite? or shall i just try and contact him on here?

Will try AMWmotorsports! if its the same guys then they should be perfect, seen some of the cars AAautosports did and they were spot on

Im going to Zred today to get track rod end done, I will tell him your asking about a conversion.
He done an engine conversion for me 160vvc into my ZS 110.. Top Job..

StragglaSteve
14-01-13, 10:54 AM
Hmm im sure he is brilliant but i just noticed hes based up in Falkirk... im in south london LOL!

petet16
14-01-13, 10:57 AM
AMW Motorsport are in Bradford, so not too close to you either.

peterzs
14-01-13, 10:57 AM
Then a tank of fuel and a rail ticket back, or even one of those cheap air tickets, if you get a good price for the conversion!!!

Maxxed_Ross
14-01-13, 06:29 PM
Indeed, Falkirk is very close to Edinburgh airport and the train station is literally a mile from the ZRed workshop