PDA

View Full Version : hmmm real or not?

Alan.F
17-01-13, 01:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgN8MOrss40

petet16
17-01-13, 01:51 PM
Seriously, do people now find it too stressful to park their own car, a solution to a non existent problem I think, and what happens if there are no empty slots.

Steven11
17-01-13, 01:51 PM
Believe it or not it genuinely is real. We currently have two functioning prototype A7's in Germany. Most of the dealership have been over and seen it in the flesh and it does work. Prices still to be released but its expected to be available on all Audi models (at a cost) in the first quarter of next year.

You've got to love the Germans :shifty:

petet16
17-01-13, 01:52 PM
pfft, I'd be more impressed if I could send the car shopping on its own:smart:

BUCKYDEVIL
17-01-13, 01:55 PM
And now the future excuse in Court ..
It wasnt me kerb crawling your honour, it was the car.

Steven11
17-01-13, 01:57 PM
And now the future excuse in Court ..
It wasnt me kerb crawling your honour, it was the car.

Not in an Audi :judge:

petet16
17-01-13, 02:01 PM
It wasn't me involved in the ram raid your honour, the car has a very bad attitude.

Smokey
17-01-13, 02:07 PM
You'd be raging if it reappeared with damage and you'd never know if you hit something or someone hit your car!

Steven11
17-01-13, 02:10 PM
Its just nice to see Audi bring out somthing before Merc for a change.

petet16
17-01-13, 02:17 PM
It has the comedy value of following one round a multi storey then nicking it's parking slot. saves a lot of:box:

Steven11
17-01-13, 02:28 PM
To be fair its the natural progression from Park Assist, was only a matter of time really.

peterzs
17-01-13, 02:42 PM
Or like this!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo8H9N9iSmQ&NR=1

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

petet16
17-01-13, 03:02 PM
Or like this!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo8H9N9iSmQ&NR=1

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

:clap2:

Blade9274
17-01-13, 03:50 PM
1 issue we will have thou is most of the Car Parks about you have to:

1: Pay and Display or
2: Get a ticket from a machine when you enter the car park.

In both situations this is useless lol.

Who needs a self driving car when you can do this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enunW7hDcZI

petet16
17-01-13, 03:57 PM
or this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=zndC_a-ebqQ

peterzs
17-01-13, 04:21 PM
Was that Russ Swift, used to see him when Rover let us loose on their new cars!!!!

petet16
17-01-13, 04:22 PM
Was that Russ Swift, used to see him when Rover let us loose on their new cars!!!!

Yes, I think so

peterzs
17-01-13, 04:38 PM
Rover used to take over Silverstone or Thruxton and let all the fleet car managers loose on the range of cars they made.

He was the entertainment and often got someone from the audience to sit in the car.

He used to start off with a smallish gap between the parked cars then moved the cars up until there was only about 6" front and back.

Great driver.

Witnes$
17-01-13, 06:47 PM
What is the human race becoming? lol. The time, effort and money gone in to that just to save 1 minute walking to your car. Gimmick? Yes, practical? Not really.

talkingcars
17-01-13, 06:48 PM
Great idea from Audi but there are so many problems with it.
It's illegal to leave a car on the road with the engine running while it is unattended, must be illegal to let the car drive off on it's own.
How you deal with paying for the parking.
How do you find it when your phone goes flat?
How do you summon it if your signal goes?

And as for the stress of parking - an unmanned car driving around the car park at that speed would cause me a lot of stress!

zsserbia
17-01-13, 11:39 PM
Sadly this could bring car theft to a whole new level, thiefs wouldn't have to bother showing up on site no more... Just a matter of time.

stamford
18-01-13, 07:10 AM
What concerns is the where the car is seen starting up on demand and driving out of its parking bay..................so do these cars now have 'eyes' so they look before pulling out? A bit of a downer swearing at a driverless car! A bit like getting cut up by a beautiful young lady and the only thing coming from one's mouth is dribbling instead of profanities!

MG mad
18-01-13, 08:14 AM
It's actually not a bad idea really, I seldom go to malls as I dislike shopping as much as my wife enjoys it, but the amount of time that is spent finding a park can be a real pain in the rear.

Great idea from Audi but there are so many problems with it.
It's illegal to leave a car on the road with the engine running while it is unattended, must be illegal to let the car drive off on it's own.
How you deal with paying for the parking.
How do you find it when your phone goes flat?
How do you summon it if your signal goes?

And as for the stress of parking - an unmanned car driving around the car park at that speed would cause me a lot of stress!

None of those are insurmountable at all. It's really not that hard to drop off/pick up the car by the ticket machine to pay for the parking. If all else fails and you didn't charge your phone you can still drive the thing.

To be honest though the stacking garages are the way of the future for big car parks, much more space efficient, easily disguised, and quicker than driving around and around looking for a park.

ian zs180
18-01-13, 09:14 AM
Thats mad i wouldnt trust that one little bit anyway computers and all that sort of stuff can fail, rather park it myself imagine if you was in tesco and seen your car drive passed doin 70mph :laugh:

petet16
18-01-13, 09:22 AM
I've got visions of Audi traffic jams as everyone summons their car from the car park

stamford
18-01-13, 09:34 AM
I've got visions of Audi traffic jams as everyone summons their car from the car park

Yes and crashing, swapping details would be interesting!

talkingcars
18-01-13, 05:02 PM
None of those are insurmountable at all. It's really not that hard to drop off/pick up the car by the ticket machine to pay for the parking. If all else fails and you didn't charge your phone you can still drive the thing.

Good luck getting VOSA to approve driverless cars on the UK roads, car park exits are often further from the shops than most parking spaces, and good luck finding the car that has driven off by itself to park - if your phone has gone flat so you can't summon it you can't use it to tell you where the car is actually parked either!