PDA

View Full Version : nurburgring

zsnath
20-01-13, 05:55 PM
anyone been or planning to go with there zeds?

Dan1971
20-01-13, 06:02 PM
Ouch .... Bad memories.

Never been, but a few mates and I bought a 180 to go. I couldn't make it so they went.

They broke it 1st lap .....

Few of us do track days etc .... look for other threads. There's a site track car in Scotland and a few lads with track cars in England too.

Few of us have done some laps at Brands and I've got a voucher to use for a taster session - 20 minutes - that I'll look to use in the next few months.

daytona365
20-01-13, 06:09 PM
Ouch .... Bad memories.

Never been, but a few mates and I bought a 180 to go. I couldn't make it so they went.

They broke it 1st lap .....

Few of us do track days etc .... look for other threads. There's a site track car in Scotland and a few lads with track cars in England too.

Few of us have done some laps at Brands and I've got a voucher to use for a taster session - 20 minutes - that I'll look to use in the next few months.

The broke ZED wasnt wasted, some of lives on under my bonnet.
Mine is due another taster session at Brands, so we could make a convoy, 3 different colours lol.

vanishing days
20-01-13, 06:19 PM
I did the ring in the summer with my 180 its good fun

splinter
20-01-13, 06:37 PM
Been a few times but not in a z. Used to be great fun but too many knobheads in slammed to the deck saxos and the like. They seem to think their car handles better with no suspension and wonder why they end up in a barrier somewhere. Last time I went got one lap on Thursday evening before it was shut, two on Friday evening and about ten more over the Saturday and Sunday. Nearly all down to "chav" types and the odd Porsche! Turned into a very expensive weekend for little track time.
Sticking to UK trackdays this year. Better value!!

splinter
20-01-13, 06:37 PM
Sorry double posted.

It was fun though and definitely worth going at least once in your life. Maybe worth keeping an eye on the website or various forums though. The Ring is going through some big changes atm due to financial difficulties. ( bad management )

dean0
20-01-13, 07:52 PM
I've been as a passenger a few years ago however am planning on taking the Z this April - Going with a group of seasoned ringers, more of a road trip/late honeymoon than an out and out track session but am really looking forward to it! :):):)

peterzs
20-01-13, 08:45 PM
Think I've scared myself by looking at all the vids.

Looks a spiteful circuit, one mistake and it bites back!!!!!

stamford
21-01-13, 07:20 AM
Never been, but it is on my list of things to do. Once I have got the zed back on the road and sorted I will look into doing this, might not be this year but maybe the year after when I can find the time to do a road trip and take in a few other places.