PDA

View Full Version : Not A Happy Chappy

bowthruster
20-01-13, 07:05 PM
Well,this afternoon had to go out in the car,where i live is like a ice rink,so nice and slow and as i go round the a bend ,Another car is on the wrong side and going about 20mph! So its gonna be a head-on or ????
So i turn hard right to avoid and i do miss the car ,But just slide into the kerb.BANG-right hand wheel takes the blow:no: i felt that.Not happy about this.Rim looks ok,but the person in the other car didnt even stop just kept going.P'ed off.Theres one thing that i do drive like a complete fanny in the snow,but ive always been like that,i was taught to be slow & smooth,so you can react to situations.

peterzs
20-01-13, 07:12 PM
Thats why I dont go out, either going too fast coming the other way, or sit about a foot off your rear bumper, had a van try pushing me along last year. Just went slower, complete and utter *******.

I'd get the tracking sorted asap, might have knocked it out.

Hope its OK.

bowthruster
20-01-13, 07:18 PM
Yeah will get it checked soon as the weather changes.Been snowing all day here,but lightly-but took dog out earlier and its laying quite thick now

daytona365
20-01-13, 07:38 PM
Hopefully its only minor. The slippy weather is a godsend for us in the parts dept. Sold 4 wheels, 3alloy, 1 steel on saturday....

James Raby
20-01-13, 07:55 PM
Got a brand Spanker straight with Michelin tyre if you in need of one
I did mark it in the shed though lightly

bowthruster
20-01-13, 07:58 PM
Cheers james will let you know.Thanks

big_wasa
20-01-13, 08:08 PM
I was on a marsh road yesterday in the lorry. The road is on the top of a bank with a 20ft drop down one side.

Only a dozen houses down there but I met more cars than houses.

On the way down two cars tried to pass and one slips down the bank a little.

On the way back I was doing 10mph and sh1ting myself (26tons and 20ft drop)

A polish guy comes around the corner doing 30 ish, see's me and jumps on the brakes. He is sliding along and heading straight for me, ive now stoped, he then sticks the hazards on.
He gets about 3 meters from me and lets go of the brakes and puts it in the hedge :ninja: Few

Thats the second this week. :bow:

peterzs
20-01-13, 08:36 PM
Saved by the hazzards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!