PDA

View Full Version : shortened number plates

rakester
26-12-07, 12:53 PM
hello and hope every had a good xmas :D I recently got a private plate consisting of 5 letters so want to have a shortened plate :) Seen a few people on here with shortened plates (i know sduk has one) and just wondered where you buy the shortened ones from? Thanks in Advance

Jake

Craig
26-12-07, 12:55 PM
Sammy and myself cut our plates ourselves mate. Easy enough with a hacksaw and some sandpaper to smooth the edges out. I did see somewhere online that did short plates, think it was one of the ebay shops.

rakester
26-12-07, 12:59 PM
Thanks Craig, I'll have a look ebay but if i can't find them on there I'll just buy some generic plates and cut them down, cheers mate :)

Maxxed_Ross
27-12-07, 07:47 AM
www.myshowplates.com do any size you want. Bought a few plates from here, fantastic place

chriszs180
27-12-07, 12:00 PM
cut mine down with a fine hack saw as well they do look great and the old bill dont seem to mind yet.. not sure about the mot but sammy passed as his were my spacing is wrong so will get some legal ones for mot time

DeMoNPauL
27-12-07, 12:17 PM
The DVLA forgot to add the new rules for reg plates so they wont come into practice until 2009 i believe.