PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Whistle

Blade9274
11-02-13, 08:39 PM
Good Evening All.

My Zed has developed an annoying whistle, it's to do with the Heaters.

There is a metal round casing in the passenger footwell and sometimes when i turn the heaters on it starts to whistle, when it whistles the heaters stop blowing. If i give it a kick it shuts up and fans work again.

What is it in the footwell? and is it something i repair? i.e. a loose fan? or do i need to replace it?

Thanks People :)

talkingcars
11-02-13, 08:45 PM
Is this tucked up on the left?
If so it is the actual fan.
Drop it out and have a look.

ZS
12-02-13, 06:43 AM
Is this tucked up on the left?
If so it is the actual fan.
Drop it out and have a look.

Its three bolts and then it drops down... usually the mech has got wet (dirty great hole above it that lets water in sometimes) and a spray of GT85 (or WD40) and a bit of loosening up etc and its all good :)

There is also instructions in another thread of mine somewhere for helping seal up the hole to make it less likely to get the motor wet...

Blade9274
12-02-13, 07:48 AM
Thanks for the reply's, it is tucked up in the left of the footwell.

I will drop it out over the weekend, have a look and give it a spray.

I will try hunt down your thread later and try seal the hole at the same time.

I may even order a resistor and fix my speed setting 1-2 which have not worked for 12 months lol.

Thanks Again

buchan4042
12-02-13, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the reply's, it is tucked up in the left of the footwell.

I will drop it out over the weekend, have a look and give it a spray.

I will try hunt down your thread later and try seal the hole at the same time.

I may even order a resistor and fix my speed setting 1-2 which have not worked for 12 months lol.

Thanks Again

exactly the same problem i have, 1 and 2 not working and sometimes a whistle on 3 and 4, the water gets in the heater intake which is under the plastic panel your windscreen wipers are attached to, probably find if you peel back the carpet in the footwell it will be flooded with water too